Exclusive video: A man and his two children had to be rescued from their car after being trapped in flood water in Barcombe Mills.
The man reportedly tried to cross the bridge at about 8.55am but realised it was too deep and attempted to turn around but instead was left trapped in rising waters.
Fire crews were deployed and firefighters waded out to the car to carry the two children to safety.
Specialist equipment was then used to rescue the man, who had stayed with the vehicle while the children were carried to dry land.
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week