The ArgusWheat bag fire leaves 93-year-old Brighton woman shocked but uninjured (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Wheat bag fire leaves 93-year-old Brighton woman shocked but uninjured

The Argus: Wheat bag fire leaves 93-year-old Brighton woman shocked but uninjured Wheat bag fire leaves 93-year-old Brighton woman shocked but uninjured

A dementia sufferer was left shaken after a wheat bag left too long in the microwave filled her flat with smoke.

Firefighters from Preston Circus station were called to the incident at 8.30pm last night in Lilac Court off London Road, Brighton, after a wheat bag overheated in a microwave and started filling the flat with smoke.

Fortunately, the 93-year-old woman was unharmed in the incident.

Firefighters issued a safety warning about the warning devices and advised that water bottles were a safer option in some cases.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:08am Sat 8 Feb 14

bluemonday says...

whats a wheat bag?
whats a wheat bag? bluemonday
  • Score: -2

9:34am Sat 8 Feb 14

Baffled of Brighton says...

bluemonday wrote:
whats a wheat bag?
Like a hot water bottle type thing
[quote][p][bold]bluemonday[/bold] wrote: whats a wheat bag?[/p][/quote]Like a hot water bottle type thing Baffled of Brighton
  • Score: 2

10:43am Sat 8 Feb 14

bluemonday says...

Baffled of Brighton wrote:
bluemonday wrote:
whats a wheat bag?
Like a hot water bottle type thing
thanks
[quote][p][bold]Baffled of Brighton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bluemonday[/bold] wrote: whats a wheat bag?[/p][/quote]Like a hot water bottle type thing[/p][/quote]thanks bluemonday
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree