Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Wheat bag fire leaves 93-year-old Brighton woman shocked but uninjured
8:40am Saturday 8th February 2014 in News
A dementia sufferer was left shaken after a wheat bag left too long in the microwave filled her flat with smoke.
Firefighters from Preston Circus station were called to the incident at 8.30pm last night in Lilac Court off London Road, Brighton, after a wheat bag overheated in a microwave and started filling the flat with smoke.
Fortunately, the 93-year-old woman was unharmed in the incident.
Firefighters issued a safety warning about the warning devices and advised that water bottles were a safer option in some cases.
Comments are closed on this article.