Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton solidarity protest as Winter Olympics launch
10:11am Saturday 8th February 2014 in News
Protesters will support LGBTQ+ people in Russia as the Winter Olympics kick-off.
More than 150 protesters are expected to gather at the clock tower in Queens Road, Brighton, at noon today to hear a speech by Russian LGBT activist Ksenia Zhivago.
Beth Granter, from the Brighton and Hove Socialist Party which is organising the demonstration, said: “The Sochi Olympics puts the world spotlight on Russia and international protests are showing mass opposition to Putin’s homophobic government.”
- Crews tackle chimney fire in Barcombe
- Arson probe after Brighton bench set on fire
- Brighton man rescued after setting his supper on fire
- Missing Crawley teen found "safe and unharmed"
- Newhaven and Bognor given millions of pounds to regenerate towns