Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton solidarity protest as Winter Olympics launch
10:11am Saturday 8th February 2014 in News
Protesters will support LGBTQ+ people in Russia as the Winter Olympics kick-off.
More than 150 protesters are expected to gather at the clock tower in Queens Road, Brighton, at noon today to hear a speech by Russian LGBT activist Ksenia Zhivago.
Beth Granter, from the Brighton and Hove Socialist Party which is organising the demonstration, said: “The Sochi Olympics puts the world spotlight on Russia and international protests are showing mass opposition to Putin’s homophobic government.”
- Inferno which severely damaged flat started accidentally
- Calls for pub to be closed after series of offences
- Rumpus councillor is still working for Green Party MEP
- Plea to think first before calling 999 over bank holiday weekend
- Bottle of Odka washed up on sea front found by circus
Comments are closed on this article.