Protesters will support LGBTQ+ people in Russia as the Winter Olympics kick-off.
More than 150 protesters are expected to gather at the clock tower in Queens Road, Brighton, at noon today to hear a speech by Russian LGBT activist Ksenia Zhivago.
Beth Granter, from the Brighton and Hove Socialist Party which is organising the demonstration, said: “The Sochi Olympics puts the world spotlight on Russia and international protests are showing mass opposition to Putin’s homophobic government.”
- First step in £35million scheme for Corn Exchange and Studio Theatre
- Pain cured on a limb and a prayer
- Childrens' sand pit is being used ‘litter tray’
- Guns and machete found in pond by dog
- New lanterns will brighten the streets