Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Cannabis plants and growing equipment found in Eastbourne house
9:20am Tuesday 11th February 2014 in News
A cannabis growing site has been discovered in Eastbourne.
Police were called to a house in Park Avenue to reports of two men trying to break in at about 7.20am on Wednesday, February 5.
The suspects made off before officers arrived but discovered a quantity of cannabis plants, together with equipment being used in their cultivation, in the house.
Detective Inspector Richard Bates, of Eastbourne CID, said: "Enquiries into this incident are continuing and I would ask anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity, people or vehicles in Park Avenue to contact police."
Anyone with information should phone Sussex Police on 101 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting serial 0189 of 5/2. Alternatively, they can call the independent charity Crimestoppers free and anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
- Eco activists heading to Lewes to 'reclaim the power'
- Council committee members trapped in library and staff went home
- Man spends months building marvels with Meccano
- VIDEO: Solicitors refuse to work over legal aid cuts but deny 'strike' aciton