Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton Pavilion MP secures 100,000 signatures for drug law reform debate
12:39pm Thursday 13th February 2014 in News
An MP has secured a debate on reforming the country’s drug laws after her campaign gathered more than 100,000 supporters this morning.
Caroline Lucas’s e-petition calling for an independent assessment of the 1971 Misuse of Drugs Act has gained thousands of supporters including Russell Brand and Richard Branson.
With a week to go before the petition expired this Saturday, the Brighton Pavilion MP needed almost 50,000 signatures to force a debate and vote in Parliament and these have flooded in over the past few days.
To sign visit epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Air ambulance lands following four-vehicle crash on M23 sliproad
- CCTV captures burglar moments before he stole thousands of pounds worth of gems
- 10 signs summer is on its way in Brighton and Hove
- Boy, five, airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by horse