Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton Pavilion MP secures 100,000 signatures for drug law reform debate
12:39pm Thursday 13th February 2014 in News
An MP has secured a debate on reforming the country’s drug laws after her campaign gathered more than 100,000 supporters this morning.
Caroline Lucas’s e-petition calling for an independent assessment of the 1971 Misuse of Drugs Act has gained thousands of supporters including Russell Brand and Richard Branson.
With a week to go before the petition expired this Saturday, the Brighton Pavilion MP needed almost 50,000 signatures to force a debate and vote in Parliament and these have flooded in over the past few days.
To sign visit epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
- Riot police raid Brighton squat after man found with head injuries
- Mystery over body found at recycling centre
- Investigation launched following violent incidents in Worthing
- Man to appear in court accused of racially abusing a shop worker in Eastbourne
- Concern over missing 15-year-old Jake Gillespie
Comments are closed on this article.