An MP has secured a debate on reforming the country’s drug laws after her campaign gathered more than 100,000 supporters this morning.
Caroline Lucas’s e-petition calling for an independent assessment of the 1971 Misuse of Drugs Act has gained thousands of supporters including Russell Brand and Richard Branson.
With a week to go before the petition expired this Saturday, the Brighton Pavilion MP needed almost 50,000 signatures to force a debate and vote in Parliament and these have flooded in over the past few days.
To sign visit epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
- Nearly 2,000 bottles of wine stolen from Shoreham shop
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Chancellor announces major theatre boost on Brighton stage
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services
- Child’s foot crushed by falling bollard