A dramatist and a guesthouse owner will make history after being named as the first same-sex couple to get married in Brighton and Hove.
Andrew Wale and Neil Allard have been selected by a panel for the honour of being married at one minute past midnight on Saturday March 29.
The wedding will be held at the earliest moment that the law allows and means the couple will be one of the first gay marriages in the country.
In another first, the pair will be married in the Music Room of the Royal Pavilion.
For full details see tomorrow’s Argus.
- Lido restoration plans wins £2.3m cash boost
- Police precept increases but federation warns tough decisions will be made over which crimes will be investigated
- Fire crews respond to two house fire incidents within five miles and fifteen minutes of each other
- Neneh Cherry plays intimate gig in Brighton pub
- "Losing a leg is easier than marrying a Beatle" says Heather Mills