A man suffered a triple-fracture of the face after being called over by a stranger and then attacked in the street.
The 33-year-old man from Brighton was walking in Kensington Street in Brighton near to the junction with Gloucester Road at around 3pm on Tuesday when he heard someone call over to him.
The victim started to walk over to the man and as he did so the man said to him "Do you know who I am?"
As the victim got closer, the man became aggressive and punched the victim in the face.
Anyone with information is asked contact Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 847 of 18/2.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over