A man suffered a triple-fracture of the face after being called over by a stranger and then attacked in the street.
The 33-year-old man from Brighton was walking in Kensington Street in Brighton near to the junction with Gloucester Road at around 3pm on Tuesday when he heard someone call over to him.
The victim started to walk over to the man and as he did so the man said to him "Do you know who I am?"
As the victim got closer, the man became aggressive and punched the victim in the face.
Anyone with information is asked contact Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 847 of 18/2.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Teenage burglar convicted for second time in a week
- Stop-smoking figures down year on year
- Motorcyclist who died on the A29 named
- Mother who was drunk whilst looking after her two-year-old son ordered to complete 60 hours of community service
- Water company releases untreated waste water into the sea to prevent widespread flooding