A pensioner was knocked to the ground by a cowardly bag snatcher.
A thief grabbed the black leather handbag of an 83-year-old woman as she walked along a twitten between the A259 Eastbourne Road and Perth Close, Seaford the footpath at about 4.30pm on Wednesday.
The force of the theft knocked the woman to the ground and made off towards the A259.
Police are now investigating a third handbag snatch in Seaford within weeks, and have not ruled out the possibility that the incidents may be linked.
The thief is described as being white, 5'10", in his late teens and of slender build.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting serial 1130 of 19/2.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Chancellor announces major theatre boost on Brighton stage
- VIDEO: Nearly 2,000 bottles of wine stolen from Shoreham shop
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services
- ‘Blinding’ lights disturb families