Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Pensioner third Seaford bag snatch victim
6:37pm Thursday 20th February 2014 in News
A pensioner was knocked to the ground by a cowardly bag snatcher.
A thief grabbed the black leather handbag of an 83-year-old woman as she walked along a twitten between the A259 Eastbourne Road and Perth Close, Seaford the footpath at about 4.30pm on Wednesday.
The force of the theft knocked the woman to the ground and made off towards the A259.
Police are now investigating a third handbag snatch in Seaford within weeks, and have not ruled out the possibility that the incidents may be linked.
The thief is described as being white, 5'10", in his late teens and of slender build.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com, quoting serial 1130 of 19/2.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.