A pensioner was knocked to the ground by a cowardly bag snatcher.
A thief grabbed the black leather handbag of an 83-year-old woman as she walked along a twitten between the A259 Eastbourne Road and Perth Close, Seaford the footpath at about 4.30pm on Wednesday.
The force of the theft knocked the woman to the ground and made off towards the A259.
Police are now investigating a third handbag snatch in Seaford within weeks, and have not ruled out the possibility that the incidents may be linked.
The thief is described as being white, 5'10", in his late teens and of slender build.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting serial 1130 of 19/2.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over
- Bingo ejects Tourette’s sufferer over Savile shout
- Firefighters called to burning Portaloo toilet seat
- Work needed at hospitals after mixed patients' report
- Memorials to be unveiled for brave war captain