Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Pensioner third Seaford bag snatch victim
6:37pm Thursday 20th February 2014 in News
A pensioner was knocked to the ground by a cowardly bag snatcher.
A thief grabbed the black leather handbag of an 83-year-old woman as she walked along a twitten between the A259 Eastbourne Road and Perth Close, Seaford the footpath at about 4.30pm on Wednesday.
The force of the theft knocked the woman to the ground and made off towards the A259.
Police are now investigating a third handbag snatch in Seaford within weeks, and have not ruled out the possibility that the incidents may be linked.
The thief is described as being white, 5'10", in his late teens and of slender build.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com, quoting serial 1130 of 19/2.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Drugs mule who attempted to smuggle 70 bags of cocaine into Gatwick Airport is jailed
- Man dies after plunging 30ft from cliff
- Investigation launched after man dies three days after police arrest
- Gang steals watch with connection to Auschwitz
- Refurbished park gets coveted Green Flag status in record-breaking year
Comments are closed on this article.