The ArgusCrews called to Hove window frame fire after DIY goes wrong (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Crews called to Hove window frame fire after DIY goes wrong

The Argus: Crews called to Hove window frame fire after DIY goes wrong Crews called to Hove window frame fire after DIY goes wrong

A window frame was set alight after a DIY session went wrong.

Firefighters from Hove station were called to a property in New Church Road at around 5pm on Thursday evening.

They were forced to break down the front door before extinguishing the window frame blaze.

The landlord had been carrying out DIY and had set about resealing the window frames.

The heat caused by him mixing the appropriate resin combined with strong winds had provided the “perfect conditions” to start the blaze.

The window frame was badly damaged but there were no injuries.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree