Person killed when hit by train at Moulsecoomb

Person hit by train at Moulsecoomb

Person hit by train at Moulsecoomb

First published in News
Last updated

A person was killed when they were hit by a train at Moulsecoomb train station.

Services between Brighton and Seaford via Lewes were subject to delays and rail replacement buses were put in place.

Brighton and Hove Buses were accepting Southern rail ticket holders to help transport those affected.

Officers from the British Transport Police and Sussex Police were called to the station at 6.37pm.


Paramedics from the South East Coast Ambulance Service were also called but the person was pronounced dead at the scene and the incident is not being treated as suspicious.
 

The train involved was the Brighton to Ashford service and the transport police handed the line back to Network Rail at 7.57pm.

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:07pm Wed 26 Feb 14

twonk says...

Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.
Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver. twonk
  • Score: -41

8:24pm Wed 26 Feb 14

just Schmoozing says...

twonk wrote:
Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.
You Plonker!!! Do you really think some one who jumps in front of a train is in any form of mind to be thinking logically, let alone think about the driver?? Engage your brain for half a minute would you and just think that person could be your son/daughter or family member! Show some compassion!!
[quote][p][bold]twonk[/bold] wrote: Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.[/p][/quote]You Plonker!!! Do you really think some one who jumps in front of a train is in any form of mind to be thinking logically, let alone think about the driver?? Engage your brain for half a minute would you and just think that person could be your son/daughter or family member! Show some compassion!! just Schmoozing
  • Score: 50

8:34pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Harry Brown says...

twonk wrote:
Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.
Idiot. Hope this never happens to someone you love
[quote][p][bold]twonk[/bold] wrote: Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.[/p][/quote]Idiot. Hope this never happens to someone you love Harry Brown
  • Score: 28

9:19pm Wed 26 Feb 14

city-boy says...

Harry Brown wrote:
twonk wrote:
Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.
Idiot. Hope this never happens to someone you love
Agree - you utter idiot. No idea about the issues surrounding mental health.

Why would anyone throw themselves under a train unless completely desperate........ more needs to be done on this as on average it would seem 1 person per month seems to want to end it this way in Sussex.

Perhaps connected with today's earlier article on more and more people turning up at A and E completely stressed out and not coping with their finances or relationship, so much pressure :( poor soul. Maybe he came from A and E and they let him/ her out (not their fault - just the system).

So that is two people in Sussex (Btn and Beachy) decided to end their lives in a matter of days.......

Acceptable?

And for the final record - I have full sympathy for the train drivers, however they are quite high up and will see very little on impact. Of course, the aftermath is different.

Lets not also forget the ambulance and fire service who have to go along the track and pick up the pieces (literally), who then head home to their families that night.

RIP
[quote][p][bold]Harry Brown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]twonk[/bold] wrote: Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.[/p][/quote]Idiot. Hope this never happens to someone you love[/p][/quote]Agree - you utter idiot. No idea about the issues surrounding mental health. Why would anyone throw themselves under a train unless completely desperate........ more needs to be done on this as on average it would seem 1 person per month seems to want to end it this way in Sussex. Perhaps connected with today's earlier article on more and more people turning up at A and E completely stressed out and not coping with their finances or relationship, so much pressure :( poor soul. Maybe he came from A and E and they let him/ her out (not their fault - just the system). So that is two people in Sussex (Btn and Beachy) decided to end their lives in a matter of days....... Acceptable? And for the final record - I have full sympathy for the train drivers, however they are quite high up and will see very little on impact. Of course, the aftermath is different. Lets not also forget the ambulance and fire service who have to go along the track and pick up the pieces (literally), who then head home to their families that night. RIP city-boy
  • Score: 19

9:21pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Alan G Skinner says...

Tragic for all concerned. Just as Osborne smugly proclaims the Economy is back on track. It is very obvious to normal people that things are still very hard for many and people are still struggling. RIP.
Tragic for all concerned. Just as Osborne smugly proclaims the Economy is back on track. It is very obvious to normal people that things are still very hard for many and people are still struggling. RIP. Alan G Skinner
  • Score: 14

9:24pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Gary @ says...

twonk wrote:
Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.
My brothers a train driver.

Its happened to him three times.
[quote][p][bold]twonk[/bold] wrote: Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.[/p][/quote]My brothers a train driver. Its happened to him three times. Gary @
  • Score: 17

9:27pm Wed 26 Feb 14

rayellerton says...

Gary @ wrote:
twonk wrote:
Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.
My brothers a train driver.

Its happened to him three times.
one of my sons drives for Cross Country and he has had 3 jumpers in 6 years....
[quote][p][bold]Gary @[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]twonk[/bold] wrote: Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.[/p][/quote]My brothers a train driver. Its happened to him three times.[/p][/quote]one of my sons drives for Cross Country and he has had 3 jumpers in 6 years.... rayellerton
  • Score: 10

9:41pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Eugenius says...

Alan G Skinner wrote:
Tragic for all concerned. Just as Osborne smugly proclaims the Economy is back on track. It is very obvious to normal people that things are still very hard for many and people are still struggling. RIP.
There are many reasons why someone might feel suicidal, not necessarily financial worries. Grassroots Suicide Prevention (@GrassrootsSP on Twitter) are doing a good job of raising awareness and encouraging people to broach the subject with friends and family they are worried about.
[quote][p][bold]Alan G Skinner[/bold] wrote: Tragic for all concerned. Just as Osborne smugly proclaims the Economy is back on track. It is very obvious to normal people that things are still very hard for many and people are still struggling. RIP.[/p][/quote]There are many reasons why someone might feel suicidal, not necessarily financial worries. Grassroots Suicide Prevention (@GrassrootsSP on Twitter) are doing a good job of raising awareness and encouraging people to broach the subject with friends and family they are worried about. Eugenius
  • Score: 10

9:41pm Wed 26 Feb 14

city-boy says...

I have full sympathy for the train drivers. What I don't understand is why people hit the negative button on comments!

It is not personal to the driver - it is just pure bad luck that that driver finds themselves going along that bit of track when someone decides to end it - nothing else. So whether they have hit 1,2,3 or more it is purely down to bad luck.

you quoted:

My brothers a train driver.

Its happened to him three times.

I'd be very interested to hear the effects/ impact it has had on him and his family. Please share, I am not dismissing it maybe quite a lot.

And I'd also be interested hearing from someone from the emergency services who has also had deal with this first hand.

RIP
I have full sympathy for the train drivers. What I don't understand is why people hit the negative button on comments! It is not personal to the driver - it is just pure bad luck that that driver finds themselves going along that bit of track when someone decides to end it - nothing else. So whether they have hit 1,2,3 or more it is purely down to bad luck. you quoted: My brothers a train driver. Its happened to him three times. I'd be very interested to hear the effects/ impact it has had on him and his family. Please share, I am not dismissing it maybe quite a lot. And I'd also be interested hearing from someone from the emergency services who has also had deal with this first hand. RIP city-boy
  • Score: 12

7:41am Thu 27 Feb 14

mimseycal says...

just Schmoozing wrote:
twonk wrote:
Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.
You Plonker!!! Do you really think some one who jumps in front of a train is in any form of mind to be thinking logically, let alone think about the driver?? Engage your brain for half a minute would you and just think that person could be your son/daughter or family member! Show some compassion!!
Suicide is always a selfish act. It is however difficult to view it as such when you are in the depths of despair.

Compassion should however be primarily for the family, friends and witnesses of suicide. They will be living with the consequences.
[quote][p][bold]just Schmoozing[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]twonk[/bold] wrote: Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.[/p][/quote]You Plonker!!! Do you really think some one who jumps in front of a train is in any form of mind to be thinking logically, let alone think about the driver?? Engage your brain for half a minute would you and just think that person could be your son/daughter or family member! Show some compassion!![/p][/quote]Suicide is always a selfish act. It is however difficult to view it as such when you are in the depths of despair. Compassion should however be primarily for the family, friends and witnesses of suicide. They will be living with the consequences. mimseycal
  • Score: -1

10:36am Thu 27 Feb 14

Darren Jockey says...

twonk wrote:
Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.
Clearly you have no understanding of mental health....
[quote][p][bold]twonk[/bold] wrote: Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.[/p][/quote]Clearly you have no understanding of mental health.... Darren Jockey
  • Score: 1

3:57pm Thu 27 Feb 14

just-a-person says...

mimseycal wrote:
just Schmoozing wrote:
twonk wrote:
Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.
You Plonker!!! Do you really think some one who jumps in front of a train is in any form of mind to be thinking logically, let alone think about the driver?? Engage your brain for half a minute would you and just think that person could be your son/daughter or family member! Show some compassion!!
Suicide is always a selfish act. It is however difficult to view it as such when you are in the depths of despair.

Compassion should however be primarily for the family, friends and witnesses of suicide. They will be living with the consequences.
It is only selfish to the people left behind to pick the pieces up, the train driver,the people who witnessed this and so on. For somebody in so much despair it does not enter their head they are being selfish as you say. Another lost soul slipped threw the net. May you be at peace now.
[quote][p][bold]mimseycal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]just Schmoozing[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]twonk[/bold] wrote: Selfish baskets. They don't give a thought about the driver.[/p][/quote]You Plonker!!! Do you really think some one who jumps in front of a train is in any form of mind to be thinking logically, let alone think about the driver?? Engage your brain for half a minute would you and just think that person could be your son/daughter or family member! Show some compassion!![/p][/quote]Suicide is always a selfish act. It is however difficult to view it as such when you are in the depths of despair. Compassion should however be primarily for the family, friends and witnesses of suicide. They will be living with the consequences.[/p][/quote]It is only selfish to the people left behind to pick the pieces up, the train driver,the people who witnessed this and so on. For somebody in so much despair it does not enter their head they are being selfish as you say. Another lost soul slipped threw the net. May you be at peace now. just-a-person
  • Score: 0

6:23pm Thu 27 Feb 14

hubby says...

So young to be so sad and desperate.
RIP.
So young to be so sad and desperate. RIP. hubby
  • Score: 3

8:03pm Thu 27 Feb 14

twonk says...

Train drivers are employed to drive trains. They are not paid to be another person's executioner.
Train drivers are employed to drive trains. They are not paid to be another person's executioner. twonk
  • Score: 1

9:17pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Levent says...

Alan G Skinner wrote:
Tragic for all concerned. Just as Osborne smugly proclaims the Economy is back on track. It is very obvious to normal people that things are still very hard for many and people are still struggling. RIP.
Exactly!
[quote][p][bold]Alan G Skinner[/bold] wrote: Tragic for all concerned. Just as Osborne smugly proclaims the Economy is back on track. It is very obvious to normal people that things are still very hard for many and people are still struggling. RIP.[/p][/quote]Exactly! Levent
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree