A lottery winner has finally come forward to claim their half a million pound prize more than a month after the draw was made.
Camelot UK Lotteries Limited has announced that a £577,348.50 prize from the EuroMillions draw on January 17 has now been claimed by an anonymous Brighton and Hove resident.
Last month, a £1 million winning Euro Millions ticket bought in Brighton and Hove went unclaimed after six month deadline expired.
A National Lottery spokesman said: “We’re delighted that the winner of this amazing prize has now come forward and we hope that they will enjoy their win.
“It would have been awful if the ticket-holder had missed out on this substantial and life-changing amount of money.
“We would like to remind all National Lottery players to check their tickets every time they play.”
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week