Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Six rescued from Crawly flat blaze started by lino laying
3:12pm Monday 3rd March 2014 in News
Six people had to be rescued from a block of flats after a fire started by workmen laying down lino.
The blaze is believed to have started in a block of flats in Springfield Road in Crawley at just after 10.45am this morning when glue used to lay down lino near a electricity box caused a flashover explosion in a ground floor corridor area.
Two residents managed to escape the building through a ground floor window with the help of passers-by before firefighters arrived on scene.
Crews then rescued three people from a back exit and one disabled woman through a ground floor window before restricting the blaze to the corridor area in an operation lasting an hour.
The six people rescued were treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene but no one required hospital treatment.
- Firefighters stumble across cannabis farm
- Vandals throw paint mixed with excrement over door
- Waste-water release kills more than 900 fish in river
- MP calls criminalisation of Cannabis ‘inhumane, unjust and immoral’
- Spy heroine parachutist Margaret dies aged 94
Comments are closed on this article.