Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Street robber tries to take woman's bag near Brighton cemetery
3:21pm Wednesday 5th March 2014 in News
A street robber tried to grab the handbag of a woman as she walked past a cemetery.
A man tried to take the victim's bag walking at the southern end of Dyke Road, Brighton, near the St Nicholas Rest Garden in the early hours of Saturday morning.
A passer-by came to her aid and the attacker fled.
The offender, who police say was known to the victim, was white with tanned skin, 5' 9" to 5' 10" with dark hair.
A 36-year-old man from Hove has been arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery and released on bail.
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 122 of 1/3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Seven months of misery - Brighton seafront roadworks delayed again
- Council warns eateries which served ‘fake cod’
- Drinkers locked out of pub besiege staff and customers
- Investigations launched after workman dies from pier fall
- Father's plea to burglars over pictures
Comments are closed on this article.