Firefighters fought for an hour to tackle a blaze after a liquid gas powered car was set alight.
Crew from Crawley Fire Station were called to two cars ablaze in Tolegate Hill in Crawley at 4am this morning.
Firefighters said there was particular difficulty in tackling the liquid petroleum gas powered car because the safety system in the car was continually venting vapour while the fire was ongoing.
Sussex Police officers were also on the scene of the suspected arson attack.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over