Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Firefighters tackle LPG car fire in Crawley
7:42am Thursday 6th March 2014 in News
Firefighters fought for an hour to tackle a blaze after a liquid gas powered car was set alight.
Crew from Crawley Fire Station were called to two cars ablaze in Tolegate Hill in Crawley at 4am this morning.
Firefighters said there was particular difficulty in tackling the liquid petroleum gas powered car because the safety system in the car was continually venting vapour while the fire was ongoing.
Sussex Police officers were also on the scene of the suspected arson attack.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Plane diverted to Gatwick after 'abusive' passenger threw prosthetic leg at cabin crew
- Road chase ends with stolen car crashing into Sussex Police vehicle
- Firefighters scale down Eastbourne Pier operation as police appeal for witnesses
- Robbers jailed after holding up cash van
- Drunk foreign students ‘put themselves at risk’
Comments are closed on this article.