The ArgusKebab shops face losing licences for opening up to five hours after closing time (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Hove kebab shops face losing licences for opening up to five hours after closing time

The Argus: Kebab shops face losing licences for opening up to five hours after closing time Kebab shops face losing licences for opening up to five hours after closing time

Three kebab shop owners face losing their licence after serving customers up to five hours after their trading hours.

Sussex Police are calling on councillors to consider revoking the licences of three shops whose management have shown a “flagrant disregard” for their licensed opening hours.

The force say staff are adding to noise nuisance and bad behaviour late at night after being repeatedly caught remaining open long after their lights should have been turned off and ignoring formal written warnings from the council about their conduct.


MORE:


Casba, Casba 2 and Golden Grill, all in Western Road in Hove, could have their licences revoked at yet-to-be-scheduled hearings later this month.

Police officers report management have refused to shut up shop claiming they are just competing with rival companies who are continuing to trade late into the night.

Officers say Casba 2 has stayed open past its permitted closing time of midnight on Sunday to Thursday and 1am on Fridays and Saturdays on six occasions already this year.

On New Year’s Eve the kebab shop was seen trading until 5am in the morning despite three visits from police asking them to close.

A plain clothes special constable bought a portion of chips from the same shop on February 8 at 3.23am, almost two-and-a-half hours after they were supposed to close.

Staff working at Casba have been spotted working past their permitted closing time of 3am by police on five occasions since November.

The traders had already been formally warned by environmental protection staff at Brighton and Hove City Council in May last year after complaints that “banging” and “cleaning-up noise” could be heard every night at the shop until 6am.

Staff were seen serving at 5.10am on New Year’s Eve in the worst of the reported breaches.

Golden Grill has also opened beyond its closing time of 2.30am on six occasions in the past four months, according to police officers.

On December 21 at 2.45am staff took money off a customer for hot food in front of the officer, despite claiming they were no longer serving.

Jean Irving, licensing and public safety manager for Sussex Police, said: “There have been numerous interventions to stop these three serving and they have taken no notice.

“Serving late prevents dispersal and causes a nuisance to neighbours that live in that area.

“It has reached the point where we ask ‘how many times can we tell them’ and we have had enough.”

Comments (33)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:20am Fri 7 Mar 14

paul6391 says...

Filthy places anyway, they should close them all
Filthy places anyway, they should close them all paul6391
  • Score: 29

8:11am Fri 7 Mar 14

Quiterie says...

tykemison wrote:
These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
And you my friend need to learn the correct use of an apostrophe.
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]And you my friend need to learn the correct use of an apostrophe. Quiterie
  • Score: 10

8:13am Fri 7 Mar 14

Herbertfarquarson says...

There are not many businesses which can be said to bring an area down and these are certainly amongst them.
There are not many businesses which can be said to bring an area down and these are certainly amongst them. Herbertfarquarson
  • Score: 31

8:13am Fri 7 Mar 14

mark by the sea says...

Why is the council not closing them, secondly the tax man should pay a visit , I bet the till roll only goes to midnight.
Why is the council not closing them, secondly the tax man should pay a visit , I bet the till roll only goes to midnight. mark by the sea
  • Score: 26

8:42am Fri 7 Mar 14

sussexanarchist says...

tykemison wrote:
These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
Only slightly racist, well done.
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]Only slightly racist, well done. sussexanarchist
  • Score: 20

8:57am Fri 7 Mar 14

kopite_rob says...

What is going on with this licensing committee?
Time and again the police are reporting traders in Brighton for selling of alcohol to underage or street drinkers, selling of illegal and fake alcohol and tabacco and now food outlets selling outside of licensed hours.
It needs a sledgehammer to come down on all retailers who can't be bothered to follow the rules.
It's costing the City a fortune in extra policing, anti-social behaviour, A&E costs, quality of life for residents and lost tax and customs revenue.
Or does the licensing committee not consider the window of the world perception of Brighton and tourist income to be that important?
What is going on with this licensing committee? Time and again the police are reporting traders in Brighton for selling of alcohol to underage or street drinkers, selling of illegal and fake alcohol and tabacco and now food outlets selling outside of licensed hours. It needs a sledgehammer to come down on all retailers who can't be bothered to follow the rules. It's costing the City a fortune in extra policing, anti-social behaviour, A&E costs, quality of life for residents and lost tax and customs revenue. Or does the licensing committee not consider the window of the world perception of Brighton and tourist income to be that important? kopite_rob
  • Score: 32

9:59am Fri 7 Mar 14

tykemison says...

sussexanarchist wrote:
tykemison wrote:
These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
Only slightly racist, well done.
Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!!
[quote][p][bold]sussexanarchist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]Only slightly racist, well done.[/p][/quote]Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!! tykemison
  • Score: 10

10:42am Fri 7 Mar 14

Brighton Living says...

Time for the council to there job if they can!!!!
Time for the council to there job if they can!!!! Brighton Living
  • Score: -3

11:18am Fri 7 Mar 14

Goldenwight says...

Kebab shops are actually LICENCED??? I thought you just needed a grubby shop unit and a lot of (usually drunken) hungry customers.

Seriously, though, I don't see that the opening hours should really be restricted- I can't see that there will be much additional noise arising over and above that of mouthy drunks at 2am. Indeed, those take-away food businesses of which I am aware who are open 24/7 (or at least all night) seem to be well kept and not generate any problems. Maybe we should instead look at restricting numbers and concentrate on maintaining standards of food hygiene and customer discipline?
Kebab shops are actually LICENCED??? I thought you just needed a grubby shop unit and a lot of (usually drunken) hungry customers. Seriously, though, I don't see that the opening hours should really be restricted- I can't see that there will be much additional noise arising over and above that of mouthy drunks at 2am. Indeed, those take-away food businesses of which I am aware who are open 24/7 (or at least all night) seem to be well kept and not generate any problems. Maybe we should instead look at restricting numbers and concentrate on maintaining standards of food hygiene and customer discipline? Goldenwight
  • Score: 1

11:24am Fri 7 Mar 14

gheese77 says...

I disagree - you should be able to buy a kebab 24/7
I disagree - you should be able to buy a kebab 24/7 gheese77
  • Score: -2

12:12pm Fri 7 Mar 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

Who owns these shops? They should be named in this article and their address given.
Who owns these shops? They should be named in this article and their address given. getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 1

12:29pm Fri 7 Mar 14

Pheasant pluckers son says...

I don't think we need to play the race card here. It's about any business that fails to follow rules and regulations regardless if they are kebab shops, newsagents, coffee shops or supermarkets.
Kebab shops are licensed for certain hours so at certain times of the morning there won't be queues or crowds of people trying to congregate outside these establishments. These are people usually from pubs/clubs and let's be honest not the most thoughtful or quiet. If you happen to live near or above these shops then it must be a nightmare at times with noise or rubbish.
But rules are rules, if they want to open longer then apply to have their licence changed don't just expect to get away with it and pretend no ones going to notice.
If all the major supermarkets decided to ignore the Sunday trading laws and I don't mean the expess/local stores them I'm sure they would be in court quick enough, more so if they tried to serve alcohol outside the set times. You only got to whiteness London road aldi and Iceland on Sunday mornings when they 1st open and the sudden rush of some members of society first in the checkout getting their white lightening cider. Before I get chastised for saying this just see for your self.
If you want to follow rules to the letter you only have to sit back and watch how many business take advantage of the communal bins along western rd and st james street. It not uncommon to see staff coming out of shops/ businesses with black bags of rubbish filling up the bins. Surely each business is meant to pay for waste disposal? I have seen hairdresser along western road dumping bags of hair clippings, newsagents getting rid of cupboard boxes and cartons.
Back to the subject in hand, most of us have fancied a kebab or portion of chips whilst staggering home from the clubs at some point in our lives, so what's the answer to this problem?
I don't think we need to play the race card here. It's about any business that fails to follow rules and regulations regardless if they are kebab shops, newsagents, coffee shops or supermarkets. Kebab shops are licensed for certain hours so at certain times of the morning there won't be queues or crowds of people trying to congregate outside these establishments. These are people usually from pubs/clubs and let's be honest not the most thoughtful or quiet. If you happen to live near or above these shops then it must be a nightmare at times with noise or rubbish. But rules are rules, if they want to open longer then apply to have their licence changed don't just expect to get away with it and pretend no ones going to notice. If all the major supermarkets decided to ignore the Sunday trading laws and I don't mean the expess/local stores them I'm sure they would be in court quick enough, more so if they tried to serve alcohol outside the set times. You only got to whiteness London road aldi and Iceland on Sunday mornings when they 1st open and the sudden rush of some members of society first in the checkout getting their white lightening cider. Before I get chastised for saying this just see for your self. If you want to follow rules to the letter you only have to sit back and watch how many business take advantage of the communal bins along western rd and st james street. It not uncommon to see staff coming out of shops/ businesses with black bags of rubbish filling up the bins. Surely each business is meant to pay for waste disposal? I have seen hairdresser along western road dumping bags of hair clippings, newsagents getting rid of cupboard boxes and cartons. Back to the subject in hand, most of us have fancied a kebab or portion of chips whilst staggering home from the clubs at some point in our lives, so what's the answer to this problem? Pheasant pluckers son
  • Score: 7

1:43pm Fri 7 Mar 14

mhaiti says...

tykemison wrote:
sussexanarchist wrote:
tykemison wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
Only slightly racist, well done.
Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!!
Most kebab shops and their owners originate from Turkey which is in europe, not the 3rd world...It may surprise you to find that people from Turkey are in fact Turks, not 'Arabs'.

Although these chaps are clearly taking the mickey with opening hours, there's nothing on here regarding their cleanliness, no accusation of selling counterfeit fags and booze. Better to single out the individuals that are proven guilty rather than make a generalisation about a whole group, surely?

There's criminals, wronguns of every race, creed and colour, the key is not to judge every part of society by it's lowest common denominator....

A decent kebab is actually quite healthy, and a dodgy kebab is no less unhealthy than a burger from a roadside burger van or a chippy...that is a 'fact'.
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexanarchist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]Only slightly racist, well done.[/p][/quote]Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!![/p][/quote]Most kebab shops and their owners originate from Turkey which is in europe, not the 3rd world...It may surprise you to find that people from Turkey are in fact Turks, not 'Arabs'. Although these chaps are clearly taking the mickey with opening hours, there's nothing on here regarding their cleanliness, no accusation of selling counterfeit fags and booze. Better to single out the individuals that are proven guilty rather than make a generalisation about a whole group, surely? There's criminals, wronguns of every race, creed and colour, the key is not to judge every part of society by it's lowest common denominator.... A decent kebab is actually quite healthy, and a dodgy kebab is no less unhealthy than a burger from a roadside burger van or a chippy...that is a 'fact'. mhaiti
  • Score: 9

2:19pm Fri 7 Mar 14

tykemison says...

mhaiti wrote:
tykemison wrote:
sussexanarchist wrote:
tykemison wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
Only slightly racist, well done.
Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!!
Most kebab shops and their owners originate from Turkey which is in europe, not the 3rd world...It may surprise you to find that people from Turkey are in fact Turks, not 'Arabs'.

Although these chaps are clearly taking the mickey with opening hours, there's nothing on here regarding their cleanliness, no accusation of selling counterfeit fags and booze. Better to single out the individuals that are proven guilty rather than make a generalisation about a whole group, surely?

There's criminals, wronguns of every race, creed and colour, the key is not to judge every part of society by it's lowest common denominator....

A decent kebab is actually quite healthy, and a dodgy kebab is no less unhealthy than a burger from a roadside burger van or a chippy...that is a 'fact'.
And there in a nutshell is why our country is going to the Dog's! Although kebabs originated in Germany (by a turk), the shop's in question are mainly owned by arabs and for your point on cleanliness, hove kebabs just got fined for a multitude of issues including infestation, but hey,dont let the truth get in the way of your ccondescending righteousness!
[quote][p][bold]mhaiti[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexanarchist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]Only slightly racist, well done.[/p][/quote]Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!![/p][/quote]Most kebab shops and their owners originate from Turkey which is in europe, not the 3rd world...It may surprise you to find that people from Turkey are in fact Turks, not 'Arabs'. Although these chaps are clearly taking the mickey with opening hours, there's nothing on here regarding their cleanliness, no accusation of selling counterfeit fags and booze. Better to single out the individuals that are proven guilty rather than make a generalisation about a whole group, surely? There's criminals, wronguns of every race, creed and colour, the key is not to judge every part of society by it's lowest common denominator.... A decent kebab is actually quite healthy, and a dodgy kebab is no less unhealthy than a burger from a roadside burger van or a chippy...that is a 'fact'.[/p][/quote]And there in a nutshell is why our country is going to the Dog's! Although kebabs originated in Germany (by a turk), the shop's in question are mainly owned by arabs and for your point on cleanliness, hove kebabs just got fined for a multitude of issues including infestation, but hey,dont let the truth get in the way of your ccondescending righteousness! tykemison
  • Score: 4

2:42pm Fri 7 Mar 14

Pheasant pluckers son says...

I presume that the councils enforcement officers in the licensing dept works during the early hours at periodic times rather than just office hours. Taking a drive around the city once in a whole would high light the problem and surely they have some power to shut these venues down?
I presume that the councils enforcement officers in the licensing dept works during the early hours at periodic times rather than just office hours. Taking a drive around the city once in a whole would high light the problem and surely they have some power to shut these venues down? Pheasant pluckers son
  • Score: 3

3:17pm Fri 7 Mar 14

tom servo says...

tykemison wrote:
mhaiti wrote:
tykemison wrote:
sussexanarchist wrote:
tykemison wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
Only slightly racist, well done.
Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!!
Most kebab shops and their owners originate from Turkey which is in europe, not the 3rd world...It may surprise you to find that people from Turkey are in fact Turks, not 'Arabs'.

Although these chaps are clearly taking the mickey with opening hours, there's nothing on here regarding their cleanliness, no accusation of selling counterfeit fags and booze. Better to single out the individuals that are proven guilty rather than make a generalisation about a whole group, surely?

There's criminals, wronguns of every race, creed and colour, the key is not to judge every part of society by it's lowest common denominator....

A decent kebab is actually quite healthy, and a dodgy kebab is no less unhealthy than a burger from a roadside burger van or a chippy...that is a 'fact'.
And there in a nutshell is why our country is going to the Dog's! Although kebabs originated in Germany (by a turk), the shop's in question are mainly owned by arabs and for your point on cleanliness, hove kebabs just got fined for a multitude of issues including infestation, but hey,dont let the truth get in the way of your ccondescending righteousness!
I suspect there is no arguing with you, people with your bigoted attitudes are beyond reason. Mhaiti is absolutely right about your generalisations. You quite clearly are mixing up races, and helping to propagate stereotypes, you illiterate racist ****wit..

Go spread your bile somewhere else.
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mhaiti[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexanarchist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]Only slightly racist, well done.[/p][/quote]Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!![/p][/quote]Most kebab shops and their owners originate from Turkey which is in europe, not the 3rd world...It may surprise you to find that people from Turkey are in fact Turks, not 'Arabs'. Although these chaps are clearly taking the mickey with opening hours, there's nothing on here regarding their cleanliness, no accusation of selling counterfeit fags and booze. Better to single out the individuals that are proven guilty rather than make a generalisation about a whole group, surely? There's criminals, wronguns of every race, creed and colour, the key is not to judge every part of society by it's lowest common denominator.... A decent kebab is actually quite healthy, and a dodgy kebab is no less unhealthy than a burger from a roadside burger van or a chippy...that is a 'fact'.[/p][/quote]And there in a nutshell is why our country is going to the Dog's! Although kebabs originated in Germany (by a turk), the shop's in question are mainly owned by arabs and for your point on cleanliness, hove kebabs just got fined for a multitude of issues including infestation, but hey,dont let the truth get in the way of your ccondescending righteousness![/p][/quote]I suspect there is no arguing with you, people with your bigoted attitudes are beyond reason. Mhaiti is absolutely right about your generalisations. You quite clearly are mixing up races, and helping to propagate stereotypes, you illiterate racist ****wit.. Go spread your bile somewhere else. tom servo
  • Score: -3

3:24pm Fri 7 Mar 14

tykemison says...

Bile!! Idiot.just stating hard facts, is your surbame tit perchance?
Bile!! Idiot.just stating hard facts, is your surbame tit perchance? tykemison
  • Score: -4

3:26pm Fri 7 Mar 14

tykemison says...

Surname, even:-)
Surname, even:-) tykemison
  • Score: -1

3:41pm Fri 7 Mar 14

tom servo says...

tykemison wrote:
Surname, even:-)
Further proof of your illiteracy.
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: Surname, even:-)[/p][/quote]Further proof of your illiteracy. tom servo
  • Score: 1

3:44pm Fri 7 Mar 14

tom servo says...

You might also find the following link useful tykemison.
http://www.oxforddic
tionaries.com/words/
apostrophe
You might also find the following link useful tykemison. http://www.oxforddic tionaries.com/words/ apostrophe tom servo
  • Score: -1

4:02pm Fri 7 Mar 14

pumpkineater23 says...

5.10am on New Year's Eve? Shhh! Kabab.
5.10am on New Year's Eve? Shhh! Kabab. pumpkineater23
  • Score: 2

5:26pm Fri 7 Mar 14

sugar man says...

tykemison wrote:
mhaiti wrote:
tykemison wrote:
sussexanarchist wrote:
tykemison wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
Only slightly racist, well done.
Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!!
Most kebab shops and their owners originate from Turkey which is in europe, not the 3rd world...It may surprise you to find that people from Turkey are in fact Turks, not 'Arabs'.

Although these chaps are clearly taking the mickey with opening hours, there's nothing on here regarding their cleanliness, no accusation of selling counterfeit fags and booze. Better to single out the individuals that are proven guilty rather than make a generalisation about a whole group, surely?

There's criminals, wronguns of every race, creed and colour, the key is not to judge every part of society by it's lowest common denominator....

A decent kebab is actually quite healthy, and a dodgy kebab is no less unhealthy than a burger from a roadside burger van or a chippy...that is a 'fact'.
And there in a nutshell is why our country is going to the Dog's! Although kebabs originated in Germany (by a turk), the shop's in question are mainly owned by arabs and for your point on cleanliness, hove kebabs just got fined for a multitude of issues including infestation, but hey,dont let the truth get in the way of your ccondescending righteousness!
" they look at drunk white people as scum"
lol, sorry that you've had a bad experience with people looking at you that way. i'm sure you are a fine gentlemanly drunk white person when no one is looking.
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mhaiti[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexanarchist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]Only slightly racist, well done.[/p][/quote]Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!![/p][/quote]Most kebab shops and their owners originate from Turkey which is in europe, not the 3rd world...It may surprise you to find that people from Turkey are in fact Turks, not 'Arabs'. Although these chaps are clearly taking the mickey with opening hours, there's nothing on here regarding their cleanliness, no accusation of selling counterfeit fags and booze. Better to single out the individuals that are proven guilty rather than make a generalisation about a whole group, surely? There's criminals, wronguns of every race, creed and colour, the key is not to judge every part of society by it's lowest common denominator.... A decent kebab is actually quite healthy, and a dodgy kebab is no less unhealthy than a burger from a roadside burger van or a chippy...that is a 'fact'.[/p][/quote]And there in a nutshell is why our country is going to the Dog's! Although kebabs originated in Germany (by a turk), the shop's in question are mainly owned by arabs and for your point on cleanliness, hove kebabs just got fined for a multitude of issues including infestation, but hey,dont let the truth get in the way of your ccondescending righteousness![/p][/quote]" they look at drunk white people as scum" lol, sorry that you've had a bad experience with people looking at you that way. i'm sure you are a fine gentlemanly drunk white person when no one is looking. sugar man
  • Score: 1

5:38pm Fri 7 Mar 14

allykatz says...

tykemison wrote:
sussexanarchist wrote:
tykemison wrote:
These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
Only slightly racist, well done.
Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!!
I couldn't agree more, however we as westerners have inflicted McDonalds and Coke on this lot in return, perhaps if we started feeding their children haribo we'd score an ace there.
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexanarchist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]Only slightly racist, well done.[/p][/quote]Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!![/p][/quote]I couldn't agree more, however we as westerners have inflicted McDonalds and Coke on this lot in return, perhaps if we started feeding their children haribo we'd score an ace there. allykatz
  • Score: -6

9:25pm Fri 7 Mar 14

ghost bus driver says...

tykemison wrote:
sussexanarchist wrote:
tykemison wrote:
These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
Only slightly racist, well done.
Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!!
Right.

The correct use of apostrophies is as follows:

facts, not fact's
immigrants, not immigrant's
friends, not friend's
attitudes, not attitude's

You only use an apostrophe where the word is a possessive and you are talking about something belonging to something or someone, or to abbreviate two words into one, ie they're, can't or don't.

Here endeth the lesson
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexanarchist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]Only slightly racist, well done.[/p][/quote]Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!![/p][/quote]Right. The correct use of apostrophies is as follows: facts, not fact's immigrants, not immigrant's friends, not friend's attitudes, not attitude's You only use an apostrophe where the word is a possessive and you are talking about something belonging to something or someone, or to abbreviate two words into one, ie they're, can't or don't. Here endeth the lesson ghost bus driver
  • Score: 3

12:30am Sat 8 Mar 14

NickBrt says...

if people who park mobile homes just where they like used kebab shops more regularly the council would let them all open 247/365
if people who park mobile homes just where they like used kebab shops more regularly the council would let them all open 247/365 NickBrt
  • Score: -1

2:49am Sat 8 Mar 14

sugar man says...

NickBrt wrote:
if people who park mobile homes just where they like used kebab shops more regularly the council would let them all open 247/365
slightly off topic!
[quote][p][bold]NickBrt[/bold] wrote: if people who park mobile homes just where they like used kebab shops more regularly the council would let them all open 247/365[/p][/quote]slightly off topic! sugar man
  • Score: 1

10:57am Sat 8 Mar 14

tykemison says...

ghost bus driver wrote:
tykemison wrote:
sussexanarchist wrote:
tykemison wrote:
These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
Only slightly racist, well done.
Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!!
Right.

The correct use of apostrophies is as follows:

facts, not fact's
immigrants, not immigrant's
friends, not friend's
attitudes, not attitude's

You only use an apostrophe where the word is a possessive and you are talking about something belonging to something or someone, or to abbreviate two words into one, ie they're, can't or don't.

Here endeth the lesson
I know the difference you bumbling baboon! This is my phone that decides to slap apostrophe's everywhere but in fairness it's made in some 3rd world country so English is not their first language (although, obviously it should be).
[quote][p][bold]ghost bus driver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexanarchist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]Only slightly racist, well done.[/p][/quote]Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!![/p][/quote]Right. The correct use of apostrophies is as follows: facts, not fact's immigrants, not immigrant's friends, not friend's attitudes, not attitude's You only use an apostrophe where the word is a possessive and you are talking about something belonging to something or someone, or to abbreviate two words into one, ie they're, can't or don't. Here endeth the lesson[/p][/quote]I know the difference you bumbling baboon! This is my phone that decides to slap apostrophe's everywhere but in fairness it's made in some 3rd world country so English is not their first language (although, obviously it should be). tykemison
  • Score: -2

11:53am Sat 8 Mar 14

Spennynash says...

Openly racist Comments
Anti-Green commentary in every article, relevant or not. (I am not pro-green by the way)
Correcting punctuation in order to bully people and feel superior.
Proclaiming the country 'is going to the dogs' on a loop.
Reminds me of the UKIP manifesto around here..absolutely hysterical and a little sad all at once.

Please keep it up. I am starting a blog, dedicated to the responses on The Argus website. The place where 'Little Hitlers come to play'.
Openly racist Comments Anti-Green commentary in every article, relevant or not. (I am not pro-green by the way) Correcting punctuation in order to bully people and feel superior. Proclaiming the country 'is going to the dogs' on a loop. Reminds me of the UKIP manifesto around here..absolutely hysterical and a little sad all at once. Please keep it up. I am starting a blog, dedicated to the responses on The Argus website. The place where 'Little Hitlers come to play'. Spennynash
  • Score: 4

2:48pm Sat 8 Mar 14

tom servo says...

tykemison wrote:
ghost bus driver wrote:
tykemison wrote:
sussexanarchist wrote:
tykemison wrote:
These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.
Only slightly racist, well done.
Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!!
Right.

The correct use of apostrophies is as follows:

facts, not fact's
immigrants, not immigrant's
friends, not friend's
attitudes, not attitude's

You only use an apostrophe where the word is a possessive and you are talking about something belonging to something or someone, or to abbreviate two words into one, ie they're, can't or don't.

Here endeth the lesson
I know the difference you bumbling baboon! This is my phone that decides to slap apostrophe's everywhere but in fairness it's made in some 3rd world country so English is not their first language (although, obviously it should be).
You are a troll and a ****ing idiot.
[quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ghost bus driver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexanarchist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tykemison[/bold] wrote: These arabs have no respect for us Brit's, our law's nor our health, they look at drunk white people as scum and will sell you counterfeit cigarette's or alcohol without any regret, their take aways are filthy and should be boycotted by all decent people.[/p][/quote]Only slightly racist, well done.[/p][/quote]Now there's a surprise, didn't take long for the old race card to rear it's ugly head! How can stating fact's about how a group of immigrant's be deemed racist? Poor response in every sense, whatever you do, do not say anything detrimental about our foreign, criminal friend's as may cause offence (get it!).Personally, I am offended not only by their food but their stinking 3rd world attitude's!![/p][/quote]Right. The correct use of apostrophies is as follows: facts, not fact's immigrants, not immigrant's friends, not friend's attitudes, not attitude's You only use an apostrophe where the word is a possessive and you are talking about something belonging to something or someone, or to abbreviate two words into one, ie they're, can't or don't. Here endeth the lesson[/p][/quote]I know the difference you bumbling baboon! This is my phone that decides to slap apostrophe's everywhere but in fairness it's made in some 3rd world country so English is not their first language (although, obviously it should be).[/p][/quote]You are a troll and a ****ing idiot. tom servo
  • Score: 1

6:20pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Roundbill says...

This is my favourite thread of the week: I love you guys :o)
This is my favourite thread of the week: I love you guys :o) Roundbill
  • Score: 6

8:52pm Sat 8 Mar 14

hubby says...

It's how these people look at our pre teen and teenage girls that bothers me.
It's how these people look at our pre teen and teenage girls that bothers me. hubby
  • Score: -3

11:19pm Sat 8 Mar 14

tom servo says...

hubby wrote:
It's how these people look at our pre teen and teenage girls that bothers me.
"these people" .....who exactly are you talking about?
[quote][p][bold]hubby[/bold] wrote: It's how these people look at our pre teen and teenage girls that bothers me.[/p][/quote]"these people" .....who exactly are you talking about? tom servo
  • Score: 0

11:28pm Sat 8 Mar 14

sugar man says...

hubby wrote:
It's how these people look at our pre teen and teenage girls that bothers me.
it's your IQ that bothers me.
[quote][p][bold]hubby[/bold] wrote: It's how these people look at our pre teen and teenage girls that bothers me.[/p][/quote]it's your IQ that bothers me. sugar man
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree