Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Plumpton College in fire drama day after Royal visit
5:40pm Thursday 27th March 2014 in News
A college had a visit from firefighters – just a day after welcoming a Royal visitor.
Fire crews from Lewes, Burgess Hill and Barcombe stations were called to a 47kg propane gas cylinder on fire in the machinery department of Plumpton College in Ditchling Road near Plumpton at just before 10.45am this morning.
No one was injured in the incident and firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in an operation lasting more than two and a half hours.
The fire comes a day after the Duchess of Cornwall’s visit to the college where she is a patron.
- Teenager dies after being hit by train
- Cameron tells Eastbourne council: Spend £2 million how you want
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Business owners were uninsured
- Police probing suspicious death of 60-year-old man
- David Cameron and George Osborne visit Eastbourne
Comments are closed on this article.