The West Sussex town was deluged with hail and lightning struck the town.
Some people were left without internet, telephone or television connections.
Mary Cochran caught the hail shower on camera.
She said: "I heard a massive clap of thunder that shook my flat.
"It was rather scary.
"Then the hail came for about three minutes."
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over