The West Sussex town was deluged with hail and lightning struck the town.
Some people were left without internet, telephone or television connections.
Mary Cochran caught the hail shower on camera.
She said: "I heard a massive clap of thunder that shook my flat.
"It was rather scary.
"Then the hail came for about three minutes."
- MP's warning on new 'severe' terror alert
- Company given £15,000 fine for asbestos work
- Pensioner hit over the head with crowbar
- VIDEO: Thieves raid ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of wine for £20,000 of posh plonk
- Disappointment as Lancaster is pulled out of show