Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Red Cross steps back in time for annual gathering
6:00am Sunday 30th March 2014 in News
Hundreds of volunteers and staff from the Red Cross descended on Brighton for their annual national assembly.
The event at the Brighton Centre was a chance for people to get together, reflect on the past year and consider the challenges and opportunities for the next 12 months.
It has been a busy year for the British Red Cross, both home and overseas, with an international appeal launched following the devastating typhoon in the Philippines.
Closer to home, the charity was instrumental in helping those affected by the storms and flooding that hit the UK.
Some volunteers also dressed up in the charity's old uniforms as part of an exhibition.
More information about the charity's services across Sussex and details for those interested in becoming a volunteer can be found at www.redcross.org.uk.
- Clean-up operation underway after 'intense' south coast storm
- Huge incinerator given planning permission in Sussex
- Sussex man to walk 2,500 miles to aid orphans
- People urged to Immobilise their valuables through anti-theft website
- Green flag for country park
Comments are closed on this article.