Hundreds of volunteers and staff from the Red Cross descended on Brighton for their annual national assembly.
The event at the Brighton Centre was a chance for people to get together, reflect on the past year and consider the challenges and opportunities for the next 12 months.
It has been a busy year for the British Red Cross, both home and overseas, with an international appeal launched following the devastating typhoon in the Philippines.
Closer to home, the charity was instrumental in helping those affected by the storms and flooding that hit the UK.
Some volunteers also dressed up in the charity's old uniforms as part of an exhibition.
More information about the charity's services across Sussex and details for those interested in becoming a volunteer can be found at www.redcross.org.uk.
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week