Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Teenage boy arrested for attempted murder over Brighton city centre stabbing
Updated 5:48pm Monday 31st March 2014 in News
A teenager has been charged with attempted murder after two women were stabbed in their own home.
Connah Smith, of Vernon Terrace in Brighton, is facing two charges of attempted murder and false imprisonment of two woman aged 21 and 20 following an incident that began on Saturday night and continued into Sunday.
The two girls were injured following a domestic dispute in Dean Street in Brighton and 19-year-old Smith is known to one of the women.
He will appear before Brighton magistrates tomorrow.
The women were treated for stab wounds at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, after they flagged down a police car in Western Road just after 3.15am on Sunday.
Their injuries are not life-threatening and they have now been released from hospital.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Inferno which severely damaged flat started accidentally
- Calls for pub to be closed after series of offences
- Rumpus councillor is still working for Green Party MEP
- Plea to think first before calling 999 over bank holiday weekend
- Bottle of Odka washed up on sea front found by circus