Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Teenage boy arrested for attempted murder over Brighton city centre stabbing
Updated 5:48pm Monday 31st March 2014 in News
A teenager has been charged with attempted murder after two women were stabbed in their own home.
Connah Smith, of Vernon Terrace in Brighton, is facing two charges of attempted murder and false imprisonment of two woman aged 21 and 20 following an incident that began on Saturday night and continued into Sunday.
The two girls were injured following a domestic dispute in Dean Street in Brighton and 19-year-old Smith is known to one of the women.
He will appear before Brighton magistrates tomorrow.
The women were treated for stab wounds at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, after they flagged down a police car in Western Road just after 3.15am on Sunday.
Their injuries are not life-threatening and they have now been released from hospital.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Firefighters stumble across cannabis farm
- Vandals throw paint mixed with excrement over door
- Waste-water release kills more than 900 fish in river
- MP calls criminalisation of Cannabis ‘inhumane, unjust and immoral’
- Spy heroine parachutist Margaret dies aged 94