The ArgusThree men charged over the disappearance of £1 million (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Three men charged over the disappearance of £1 million

The Argus: Three men charged over the disappearance of £1 million Three men charged over the disappearance of £1 million

Three men have been charged over the alleged disappearance of nearly £1 million from client accounts at a firm of solicitors.

The Sussex Police major fraud unit have been probing events that led to the closure of CK Solicitors in Selsey, West Sussex,  by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority since 2012.

The investigation has centred on the alleged disappearance of some £900,000 which is alleged to have been taken from client accounts at the now-defunct firm.

Simon Kenny, 57, of Old Hunt Stables, Catsfield, near Battle, East Sussex, Emma Coates, 44, of West Street, Selsey, and Stephen Hiseman, 57, of Morzine, France, have been charged.

Sussex Police said Kenny and Coates are charged together with false accounting between July 4, 2006 and January 15, 2007.

In addition, the pair are also charged with fraud by abuse of position between January 15, 2007 and May 31, 2011, a police spokesman said.

Kenny and Coates are also charged along with Hiseman with fraud by abuse of position between January 1, 2008 and March 15, 2011.

All three are due to appear on bail at Westminster Magistrates' Court in London on April 23.

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:29am Fri 4 Apr 14

qm says...

Is there anyone left in this land worthy of trust?
Is there anyone left in this land worthy of trust? qm
  • Score: 9

9:45am Fri 4 Apr 14

Sir Prised says...

qm wrote:
Is there anyone left in this land worthy of trust?
When does anyone talk about morality or responsibility these days? People don't like to acknowledge it and I'm not religious but our morality was largely founded on Christian teaching and since it's demise nothing has been put in it's place. We need a set of fundamantal rules on which to found a decent society in place of the moral vacuum that exists today.
[quote][p][bold]qm[/bold] wrote: Is there anyone left in this land worthy of trust?[/p][/quote]When does anyone talk about morality or responsibility these days? People don't like to acknowledge it and I'm not religious but our morality was largely founded on Christian teaching and since it's demise nothing has been put in it's place. We need a set of fundamantal rules on which to found a decent society in place of the moral vacuum that exists today. Sir Prised
  • Score: 0

10:08am Fri 4 Apr 14

Bluebeef says...

qm wrote:
Is there anyone left in this land worthy of trust?
Yes 99.99% of solicitors , policeman, doctors, judges, nurses etc.
There is not systemic corruption in this country as in so many others.

33% of national journalists.
The remaining 67% focus "in the public interest" on the odd bad apple and use utterly corrupt tactics to undermine our trust in the still strong decent fabric of this society.
[quote][p][bold]qm[/bold] wrote: Is there anyone left in this land worthy of trust?[/p][/quote]Yes 99.99% of solicitors , policeman, doctors, judges, nurses etc. There is not systemic corruption in this country as in so many others. 33% of national journalists. The remaining 67% focus "in the public interest" on the odd bad apple and use utterly corrupt tactics to undermine our trust in the still strong decent fabric of this society. Bluebeef
  • Score: 2

2:07pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Sir Prised says...

Bluebeef wrote:
qm wrote:
Is there anyone left in this land worthy of trust?
Yes 99.99% of solicitors , policeman, doctors, judges, nurses etc.
There is not systemic corruption in this country as in so many others.

33% of national journalists.
The remaining 67% focus "in the public interest" on the odd bad apple and use utterly corrupt tactics to undermine our trust in the still strong decent fabric of this society.
Not sure that's true, otherwise we wouldn't have to be quite so on guard about nearly every transaction we carry out, from buying car insurance to buying a tin of beans in a supermarket. Deception has become the norm and if you fall for it, the attitude is, more fool you for not being sufficiently savvy i.e. stay with a company and get screwed. You can add to that, living in virtual prisons, where if you don't bolt everything down, again it's your fault. We are not a moral society, we have just got aclimatised and adjusted to living in an amoral one.
[quote][p][bold]Bluebeef[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]qm[/bold] wrote: Is there anyone left in this land worthy of trust?[/p][/quote]Yes 99.99% of solicitors , policeman, doctors, judges, nurses etc. There is not systemic corruption in this country as in so many others. 33% of national journalists. The remaining 67% focus "in the public interest" on the odd bad apple and use utterly corrupt tactics to undermine our trust in the still strong decent fabric of this society.[/p][/quote]Not sure that's true, otherwise we wouldn't have to be quite so on guard about nearly every transaction we carry out, from buying car insurance to buying a tin of beans in a supermarket. Deception has become the norm and if you fall for it, the attitude is, more fool you for not being sufficiently savvy i.e. stay with a company and get screwed. You can add to that, living in virtual prisons, where if you don't bolt everything down, again it's your fault. We are not a moral society, we have just got aclimatised and adjusted to living in an amoral one. Sir Prised
  • Score: 0

3:57pm Fri 4 Apr 14

JoeBlow says...

Emma is a man?
Emma is a man? JoeBlow
  • Score: 3

11:00am Sat 5 Apr 14

Bluebeef says...

Sir Prised wrote:
Bluebeef wrote:
qm wrote:
Is there anyone left in this land worthy of trust?
Yes 99.99% of solicitors , policeman, doctors, judges, nurses etc.
There is not systemic corruption in this country as in so many others.

33% of national journalists.
The remaining 67% focus "in the public interest" on the odd bad apple and use utterly corrupt tactics to undermine our trust in the still strong decent fabric of this society.
Not sure that's true, otherwise we wouldn't have to be quite so on guard about nearly every transaction we carry out, from buying car insurance to buying a tin of beans in a supermarket. Deception has become the norm and if you fall for it, the attitude is, more fool you for not being sufficiently savvy i.e. stay with a company and get screwed. You can add to that, living in virtual prisons, where if you don't bolt everything down, again it's your fault. We are not a moral society, we have just got aclimatised and adjusted to living in an amoral one.
Yours is a widely held view Sir prised but I think it sad that so many have been led by the value-less national media into being quite so cynical about their fellow man.

Look around and you will see an enormous number of people working hard, doing good helping caring and being kind. There is a huge difference between healthy scepticism and the corrosive cynicism practised by the media.

Not a perfect society by any means but could be a lot worse
[quote][p][bold]Sir Prised[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bluebeef[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]qm[/bold] wrote: Is there anyone left in this land worthy of trust?[/p][/quote]Yes 99.99% of solicitors , policeman, doctors, judges, nurses etc. There is not systemic corruption in this country as in so many others. 33% of national journalists. The remaining 67% focus "in the public interest" on the odd bad apple and use utterly corrupt tactics to undermine our trust in the still strong decent fabric of this society.[/p][/quote]Not sure that's true, otherwise we wouldn't have to be quite so on guard about nearly every transaction we carry out, from buying car insurance to buying a tin of beans in a supermarket. Deception has become the norm and if you fall for it, the attitude is, more fool you for not being sufficiently savvy i.e. stay with a company and get screwed. You can add to that, living in virtual prisons, where if you don't bolt everything down, again it's your fault. We are not a moral society, we have just got aclimatised and adjusted to living in an amoral one.[/p][/quote]Yours is a widely held view Sir prised but I think it sad that so many have been led by the value-less national media into being quite so cynical about their fellow man. Look around and you will see an enormous number of people working hard, doing good helping caring and being kind. There is a huge difference between healthy scepticism and the corrosive cynicism practised by the media. Not a perfect society by any means but could be a lot worse Bluebeef
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree