Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Rapper Akala meets students at Brighton’s Homewood College
8:00am Sunday 6th April 2014 in News
Hip-hop star Akala met students for a workshop with a difference.
The star was joined by the Hip-Hop Shakespeare Company for a visit to Brighton’s Homewood College, a special school for pupils with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties.
The workshop encouraged students to explore their own musical and poetic creativity through fusing hip-hop and grime with the timeless work of the great playwright.
The aim was to challenge preconceptions about the music and the playwright’s work.
Headteacher of the Queensdown School Road scool, Simon Charleton said: “ This workshop has stimulated the thinking of many of our learners and helped them realise their own potential and that Shakespeare is as relevant to their lives as to those of the time in which he wrote.
“ I would like to thank Lucy Thompson – one of our members of staff – for organising the day.”
- Bushes to be kept high to hide gay cruising
- Bar's licence under threat after reports of drug use, under-age drinking and sexual assault
- Piano at Brighton station moved - because it is too noisy
- Neighbour asks council to pull down classroom
- Police search paedophile’s home and shop
Comments are closed on this article.