Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Missing Bersted man travels more than 85 miles from home
Updated 6:25pm Friday 4th April 2014 in News
Concerns have been raised about an elderly man who has gone missing from his home and travelled more than 85 miles.
Douglas Byelong has not been seen since he left his home in Bersted on Thursday evening and police believe he may have travelled to St Albans area by the next day.
The 74-year-old is described by police as having a history of violence from nearly 20 years ago.
Officers said that although Mr Byelong has not re-offended since he does have a medical condition that may cause him to react angrily if he believes he has been offended or criticised.
He is described as white, 5' 9", of medium build, mostly bald with some white hair, blue eyes and wears glasses.
Detective Chief Inspector Tanya Jones, West Sussex Division CID, said: "While we don't think Mr Byelong is an immediate danger to the public, more to himself, he does feel that he is a younger man and we would recommend that anyone who sees him or knows where he is should not approach him, but call 999 immediately quoting the serial 1569 of 03/04."
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Conservatives choose former police chief for Hove MP candidate
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Arcade left gutted by blaze at 140-year-old venue
- Former PCSO found guilty of stealing from passengers at Gatwick Airport
- Man left with cuts and bruises after being attacked in front of his wife and children
- Man left with broken eye socket after being attacked by two men
Comments are closed on this article.