A woman was the victim of an attempted rape in a suburban park.
Sussex Police were called to Vale Park in Portslade to a report from a woman that a man had tried to rape her at 5.15am on Wednesday March 26.
One hour and forty-five minutes earlier a taxi taking a man and woman from East Street in Brighton stopped in Boundary Road in Portslade after a disagreement over payment of the journey.
A window was smashed and the man and woman left the area without paying.
A 19-year-old man from Brighton has been arrested for criminal damage, attempted rape and making off without payment and bailed until May 13 while investigations continue.
Anyone who saw either incident or has any information about what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 114 of 26/3.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over