Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Mystery hole closes A23 in Crawley
Updated 1:42pm Monday 7th April 2014 in News
A major road remains closed after a large hole opened up following a suspected sewer pipe leak.
The northbound section of the A23 in Crawley between Fleming Way and Lowfield Heath was closed yesterday afternoon after a hole opened up in the dual carriageway.
Thames Water engineers are continuing to investigate the leak on a pressurised sewer pipe this morning.
The water firm said it was working with West Sussex County Council and emergency services with the closure is expected to last into next week.
A Thames Water spokeswoman said: "We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and will open the road as soon as it is safe to do so.
"The closure is expected to last beyond this week while investigations continue."
- Plane diverted to Gatwick after 'abusive' passenger threw prosthetic leg at cabin crew
- Road chase ends with stolen car crashing into Sussex Police vehicle
- Firefighters scale down Eastbourne Pier operation as police appeal for witnesses
- Robbers jailed after holding up cash van
- Drunk foreign students ‘put themselves at risk’
Comments are closed on this article.