A 49-year-old man suffered serious head injuries after being hit by a car.
The pedestrian was injured after a collision with a Fiat Punto at the entrance to Warren Court in Sompting Road, Lancing, at 8.45pm last night.
The 49-year-old Lancing man was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, before being transferred to Hurstwood Park Neurological Unit at Haywards Heath where he is currently in a serious condition.
The driver of the car, a 61-year-old Lancing woman, was arrested on suspicion of driving while unfit through drugs.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Operation Livery.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Fears grow for missing teenage girl
- MP's warning on new 'severe' terror alert
- Company given £15,000 fine for asbestos work
- Pensioner hit over the head with crowbar
- VIDEO: Thieves raid ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of wine for £20,000 of posh plonk