Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Students to discuss bus price rise response
2:16pm Wednesday 9th April 2014 in News
Students are set to take action over a recently announced bus ticket price rise.
The University of Sussex’s Student Union are hosting an extraordinary members’ meeting later this afternoon to discuss Brighton and Hove Bus and Coach Company's decision to increase ticket prices by 10p.
The meeting, held at 4pm at the university's Jubilee Lecture Theatre, follows a request from more than 150 students.
On the agenda, students will discuss the proposal for the union to lobby the bus firm to reduce their prices and improve their service.
The meeting will also discuss whether the union should work on alternative transport options.
- Firefighters scale down Eastbourne Pier operation as police appeal for witnesses
- Power cut affecting Brighton seafront businesses
- Pensioner dies after falling from seventh floor of block of flats
- Drunk foreign students ‘put themselves at risk’
- Road chase ends with stolen car crashing into Sussex Police vehicle
Comments are closed on this article.