The ArgusPet savaged in front of schoolboy owner's eyes (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Pet dog savaged in front of schoolboy owner's eyes in Brighton car park

The Argus: Acer Hornsbury with friend Caludia Holdsworth and a picture of the family dog Ollie Acer Hornsbury with friend Caludia Holdsworth and a picture of the family dog Ollie

A schoolboy watched helplessly as his pet was almost mauled to death by two dogs.

Acer Hornsbury's pet dog Ollie was attacked by two Rottweiler-style dogs in a Brighton car park on Wednesday afternoon.

The 15-year-old was walking his six-year-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier with friend Claudia Holdsworth when it was savagely attacked by the animals for around five minutes.

He told how both of the dogs were being held on leads at the time by a man and a woman who eventually ran off.

Police are now looking for the owners of the dogs after claims they did not try to stop the attack, which left Ollie needing emergency surgery.

The attack happened in a car park linking Ditchling Road and Coldean Lane.


MORE:


Devastated Dorothy Stringer School pupil Acer said: “I am in shock. I didn't know what to do when it happened, I tried my best to pull the other dogs off but I had no chance.

“The owners could have done something but they didn't really try.

“My friend was shouting because she didn't know what to do and Ollie was howling and making awful noises, it was just terrible.

“We've had him for years and he's a big part of our family. If he dies I don't know what we'll do. I ask that the dogs' owners come forward because it could be a child next.”

Jodie Hornsbury, Acer's mum, said: “How can you begin to explain how you feel when your dog has been totally mauled and pulled around a field?

“The people responsible for this are inhumane. They left a 15-year-old boy and his friend in a hysterical state with a badly injured dog, not asking them if they needed help or any telephone, nothing.

“They just ran off and left them. What's heartbreaking is our dog didn't even try to fight back, he just laid down and let them attack him.”

Mrs Hornsbury, of Lynchet Close, Hollingdean, said Ollie is receiving emergency treatment at the PDSA animal hospital in Robertson Road, Brighton.

He is currently on a drip and vets fear he will never walk again due to severe infections on his wounds.

PDSA senior veterinary surgeon, Anna Mercanti, confirmed the dog was rushed to the hospital after being attacked by two dogs.

She said: “Due to the severe wounds inflicted, the dog was admitted immediately for intensive care.”

Sussex Police said it was trying to trace the aggressive dogs.

A spokeswoman said: “Police are trying to trace the dogs and their owners. Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call police on 101 quoting serial 1534 of 09/04.”

Comments (71)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:53am Fri 11 Apr 14

rogerthefish says...

Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.
Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down. rogerthefish
  • Score: -10

7:44am Fri 11 Apr 14

ohhumanity says...

rogerthefish wrote:
Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.
Sorry, but are you going to read the article properly? it was a staffordshire BULL TERRIER that got attacked by two rottweilers. Don't blame the dogs, blame the owners. There have been stories about even labradors attacking children and other dogs, does that mean ALL labradors should be put down?

If a dog is raised to be calm and domesticated, it will be exactly that. If you train your dog to be aggressive, it will be aggressive. If you cant train the aggression out of your dog, you should not be the owner of that dog. This is why certain breeds get a bad name. The owners should be punished, not the animals.
[quote][p][bold]rogerthefish[/bold] wrote: Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.[/p][/quote]Sorry, but are you going to read the article properly? it was a staffordshire BULL TERRIER that got attacked by two rottweilers. Don't blame the dogs, blame the owners. There have been stories about even labradors attacking children and other dogs, does that mean ALL labradors should be put down? If a dog is raised to be calm and domesticated, it will be exactly that. If you train your dog to be aggressive, it will be aggressive. If you cant train the aggression out of your dog, you should not be the owner of that dog. This is why certain breeds get a bad name. The owners should be punished, not the animals. ohhumanity
  • Score: 109

8:19am Fri 11 Apr 14

sean04 says...

ohhumanity wrote:
rogerthefish wrote:
Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.
Sorry, but are you going to read the article properly? it was a staffordshire BULL TERRIER that got attacked by two rottweilers. Don't blame the dogs, blame the owners. There have been stories about even labradors attacking children and other dogs, does that mean ALL labradors should be put down?

If a dog is raised to be calm and domesticated, it will be exactly that. If you train your dog to be aggressive, it will be aggressive. If you cant train the aggression out of your dog, you should not be the owner of that dog. This is why certain breeds get a bad name. The owners should be punished, not the animals.
Exactly. A dogs behaviour and temerpent is based on how it is trained and treated, mainly in the first year of its life. If it's treated with and around aggression then that is how it may turn out. Unfortunately there are a lot of owners who want to have a 'tough' dog as status. They are the problem not the animals.
[quote][p][bold]ohhumanity[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rogerthefish[/bold] wrote: Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.[/p][/quote]Sorry, but are you going to read the article properly? it was a staffordshire BULL TERRIER that got attacked by two rottweilers. Don't blame the dogs, blame the owners. There have been stories about even labradors attacking children and other dogs, does that mean ALL labradors should be put down? If a dog is raised to be calm and domesticated, it will be exactly that. If you train your dog to be aggressive, it will be aggressive. If you cant train the aggression out of your dog, you should not be the owner of that dog. This is why certain breeds get a bad name. The owners should be punished, not the animals.[/p][/quote]Exactly. A dogs behaviour and temerpent is based on how it is trained and treated, mainly in the first year of its life. If it's treated with and around aggression then that is how it may turn out. Unfortunately there are a lot of owners who want to have a 'tough' dog as status. They are the problem not the animals. sean04
  • Score: 42

8:40am Fri 11 Apr 14

LongDistanceRunner2 says...

Surely we have banned guns because we can't trust owners to handle them responsibly. It really ought to be the same with dogs that are capable of causing injuries.
Surely we have banned guns because we can't trust owners to handle them responsibly. It really ought to be the same with dogs that are capable of causing injuries. LongDistanceRunner2
  • Score: 5

9:04am Fri 11 Apr 14

zamora says...

rogerthefish wrote:
Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.
How did you come to the conclusion form this article that the dog owners were from a council estate?
[quote][p][bold]rogerthefish[/bold] wrote: Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.[/p][/quote]How did you come to the conclusion form this article that the dog owners were from a council estate? zamora
  • Score: 33

9:26am Fri 11 Apr 14

FC says...

I would fully support us finding the owners of the "Rottweiler-style" dogs, putting THEM down and giving the dogs a second chance.

It sounds like they couldn't control them, hence the story mentions the dogs were on leads at the time. I see countless idiots with dogs far too big walking around Hove. If that dog wanted to go, it would. And the "owner" wouldn't stand a chance.

Just another reason for us to licence dog ownership is a very very strict way to stop idiots, chavs and morons from owning powerful animals.
I would fully support us finding the owners of the "Rottweiler-style" dogs, putting THEM down and giving the dogs a second chance. It sounds like they couldn't control them, hence the story mentions the dogs were on leads at the time. I see countless idiots with dogs far too big walking around Hove. If that dog wanted to go, it would. And the "owner" wouldn't stand a chance. Just another reason for us to licence dog ownership is a very very strict way to stop idiots, chavs and morons from owning powerful animals. FC
  • Score: 44

9:45am Fri 11 Apr 14

hubby says...

There is a simple answer.
All dogs should be muzzled in public.This causes the dog no pain and it will soon get used to it.It stops them biting anything or anybody.
Can anybody give a sensible reason why this cannot be done?
There is a simple answer. All dogs should be muzzled in public.This causes the dog no pain and it will soon get used to it.It stops them biting anything or anybody. Can anybody give a sensible reason why this cannot be done? hubby
  • Score: 12

9:56am Fri 11 Apr 14

Terry K says...

Full licensing to own a dog should be brought in, along with a crb check, compolosory dog handling training as part of licensing conditions, third party insurance and muzzling when in a public place, electronic chipping of all dogs too, thats what's needed unfortunatey, the public's safety must come first and not the substitute child owners selfish interests.
Full licensing to own a dog should be brought in, along with a crb check, compolosory dog handling training as part of licensing conditions, third party insurance and muzzling when in a public place, electronic chipping of all dogs too, thats what's needed unfortunatey, the public's safety must come first and not the substitute child owners selfish interests. Terry K
  • Score: 20

10:17am Fri 11 Apr 14

Patsyr says...

ohhumanity wrote:
rogerthefish wrote:
Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.
Sorry, but are you going to read the article properly? it was a staffordshire BULL TERRIER that got attacked by two rottweilers. Don't blame the dogs, blame the owners. There have been stories about even labradors attacking children and other dogs, does that mean ALL labradors should be put down?

If a dog is raised to be calm and domesticated, it will be exactly that. If you train your dog to be aggressive, it will be aggressive. If you cant train the aggression out of your dog, you should not be the owner of that dog. This is why certain breeds get a bad name. The owners should be punished, not the animals.
This is rubbish! All dogs have the potential to be aggressive, they are unpredictable. If a dog gets frightened or anxious it can easily act out of character and attack.
I would like to see all dogs muzzled in all public places. I am regularly out with young children and dog owners are regularly encouraging the children to pet the dog as " He/she wont hurt you" How do they know and why are they so keen for me and the children to stroke their dogs? I don't understand it at all.
[quote][p][bold]ohhumanity[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rogerthefish[/bold] wrote: Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.[/p][/quote]Sorry, but are you going to read the article properly? it was a staffordshire BULL TERRIER that got attacked by two rottweilers. Don't blame the dogs, blame the owners. There have been stories about even labradors attacking children and other dogs, does that mean ALL labradors should be put down? If a dog is raised to be calm and domesticated, it will be exactly that. If you train your dog to be aggressive, it will be aggressive. If you cant train the aggression out of your dog, you should not be the owner of that dog. This is why certain breeds get a bad name. The owners should be punished, not the animals.[/p][/quote]This is rubbish! All dogs have the potential to be aggressive, they are unpredictable. If a dog gets frightened or anxious it can easily act out of character and attack. I would like to see all dogs muzzled in all public places. I am regularly out with young children and dog owners are regularly encouraging the children to pet the dog as " He/she wont hurt you" How do they know and why are they so keen for me and the children to stroke their dogs? I don't understand it at all. Patsyr
  • Score: -11

10:18am Fri 11 Apr 14

Daisyb2uk says...

Terry K wrote:
Full licensing to own a dog should be brought in, along with a crb check, compolosory dog handling training as part of licensing conditions, third party insurance and muzzling when in a public place, electronic chipping of all dogs too, thats what's needed unfortunatey, the public's safety must come first and not the substitute child owners selfish interests.
Then once again, responsible dog owners will be penalised for the minority irresponsible dog owners. When a dog is muzzled, if it is attacked by an unmuzzled dog it cannot defend itself at all. And who would stand by these rules...responsible dog owners of course.
[quote][p][bold]Terry K[/bold] wrote: Full licensing to own a dog should be brought in, along with a crb check, compolosory dog handling training as part of licensing conditions, third party insurance and muzzling when in a public place, electronic chipping of all dogs too, thats what's needed unfortunatey, the public's safety must come first and not the substitute child owners selfish interests.[/p][/quote]Then once again, responsible dog owners will be penalised for the minority irresponsible dog owners. When a dog is muzzled, if it is attacked by an unmuzzled dog it cannot defend itself at all. And who would stand by these rules...responsible dog owners of course. Daisyb2uk
  • Score: 19

10:26am Fri 11 Apr 14

Terry K says...

It's quite simple Daisy, any dog seen in public without a muzzle will be confiscated and the owner/keeper/ walker could be fined. The public and other animals, must be protected from all dogs good or bad. don't blame me, blame the boneheads who walk around with dogs uncontrolled, you cannot educate these people, so only option left is enforcement!.
It's quite simple Daisy, any dog seen in public without a muzzle will be confiscated and the owner/keeper/ walker could be fined. The public and other animals, must be protected from all dogs good or bad. don't blame me, blame the boneheads who walk around with dogs uncontrolled, you cannot educate these people, so only option left is enforcement!. Terry K
  • Score: -10

10:41am Fri 11 Apr 14

DenJo24 says...

Instead of just reporting cruelty cases and/or attacks be part of the fight to get things changed https://www.change.o
rg/petitions/lord-de
-mauley-tell-uk-gove
rnment-to-make-dog-o
wners-responsible-by
-law#
Instead of just reporting cruelty cases and/or attacks be part of the fight to get things changed https://www.change.o rg/petitions/lord-de -mauley-tell-uk-gove rnment-to-make-dog-o wners-responsible-by -law# DenJo24
  • Score: 2

11:02am Fri 11 Apr 14

Daisyb2uk says...

Who would police this Terry K?
Who would police this Terry K? Daisyb2uk
  • Score: 3

11:04am Fri 11 Apr 14

sbuckwell says...

Sorry but this is a shame for the staffie that got hurt.... And how dare the first post say dangerous dogs and council house owners be put down. I am a council tenant who works along with my husband abd have had 1 staffie for 14 yrs and a pitbull for 13! They were the best companion and friend and loyal pet we have ever had! Its not always the dog fault its the owners! Whether u a ouncil tenenat or own your frigging home!!!!! People like you need putting down! Get your facts right before you judge! Hope tge staffie ok!
Sorry but this is a shame for the staffie that got hurt.... And how dare the first post say dangerous dogs and council house owners be put down. I am a council tenant who works along with my husband abd have had 1 staffie for 14 yrs and a pitbull for 13! They were the best companion and friend and loyal pet we have ever had! Its not always the dog fault its the owners! Whether u a ouncil tenenat or own your frigging home!!!!! People like you need putting down! Get your facts right before you judge! Hope tge staffie ok! sbuckwell
  • Score: 34

11:26am Fri 11 Apr 14

john5001 says...

rogerthefish wrote:
Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.
prat
[quote][p][bold]rogerthefish[/bold] wrote: Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.[/p][/quote]prat john5001
  • Score: 14

11:27am Fri 11 Apr 14

MorrisE says...

So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control.
IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?
So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated? MorrisE
  • Score: -20

11:49am Fri 11 Apr 14

jimbaker says...

The solution to this is quite obvious. You are only issued with a permit to own one of these dangerous dogs if you have an income in excess of £100,000 a year. That would then separate these beasts from the slum dweller owners that are determined to use them as weapons **** protection devices **** status symbols.

When do you last read a report like this:

"A young child was savaged to death by a bull terrier last night. The child's father, a consultant cardiologist, and his mother, the CEO of an IT company, from Haselmere in Surrey, were remanded in custody."
The solution to this is quite obvious. You are only issued with a permit to own one of these dangerous dogs if you have an income in excess of £100,000 a year. That would then separate these beasts from the slum dweller owners that are determined to use them as weapons **** protection devices **** status symbols. When do you last read a report like this: "A young child was savaged to death by a bull terrier last night. The child's father, a consultant cardiologist, and his mother, the CEO of an IT company, from Haselmere in Surrey, were remanded in custody." jimbaker
  • Score: -11

11:50am Fri 11 Apr 14

jimbaker says...

The solution to this is quite obvious. You are only issued with a permit to own one of these dangerous dogs if you have an income in excess of £100,000 a year. That would then separate these beasts from the slum dweller owners that are determined to use them as weapons, protection devices, and status symbols.

When do you last read a report like this:

"A young child was savaged to death by a bull terrier last night. The child's father, a consultant cardiologist, and his mother, the CEO of an IT company, from Haselmere in Surrey, were remanded in custody."
The solution to this is quite obvious. You are only issued with a permit to own one of these dangerous dogs if you have an income in excess of £100,000 a year. That would then separate these beasts from the slum dweller owners that are determined to use them as weapons, protection devices, and status symbols. When do you last read a report like this: "A young child was savaged to death by a bull terrier last night. The child's father, a consultant cardiologist, and his mother, the CEO of an IT company, from Haselmere in Surrey, were remanded in custody." jimbaker
  • Score: -21

12:05pm Fri 11 Apr 14

Manarlie says...

I honestly worry for this country when I read posts like some of these. You weren't there so cannot comment about what or how it happened. Keep your opinions about individuals you don't know to yourself.
Personally I wish the lad and his dog the best - hope he pulls through.
I honestly worry for this country when I read posts like some of these. You weren't there so cannot comment about what or how it happened. Keep your opinions about individuals you don't know to yourself. Personally I wish the lad and his dog the best - hope he pulls through. Manarlie
  • Score: 22

12:18pm Fri 11 Apr 14

crazychick77 says...

I saw the post on fb about this I hope your dog recovers well ****
I saw the post on fb about this I hope your dog recovers well **** crazychick77
  • Score: 13

12:59pm Fri 11 Apr 14

Terry K says...

Government has a duty of care to protect the public, i'm amazed they are so soft on dog control, yet daily we read of dog attacks on people/livestock/oth
er dogs and pets, govt is failing big time on this.
Government has a duty of care to protect the public, i'm amazed they are so soft on dog control, yet daily we read of dog attacks on people/livestock/oth er dogs and pets, govt is failing big time on this. Terry K
  • Score: -1

1:01pm Fri 11 Apr 14

deni says...

MorrisE wrote:
So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control.
IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?
Where does it state that the staffie was off lead?? My dachshund was attacked by two staffie type dogs whilst he was on the lead, lucky no lasting injury except he now a very nervous dog. I see more and more dogs off leads whilst walking along the road with their owners. Hope this young boys dog makes afull recovery
[quote][p][bold]MorrisE[/bold] wrote: So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?[/p][/quote]Where does it state that the staffie was off lead?? My dachshund was attacked by two staffie type dogs whilst he was on the lead, lucky no lasting injury except he now a very nervous dog. I see more and more dogs off leads whilst walking along the road with their owners. Hope this young boys dog makes afull recovery deni
  • Score: 10

1:06pm Fri 11 Apr 14

menowhere says...

MorrisE wrote:
So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control.
IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?
it does make sense
[quote][p][bold]MorrisE[/bold] wrote: So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?[/p][/quote]it does make sense menowhere
  • Score: 2

1:15pm Fri 11 Apr 14

MorrisE says...

Deni, it does not say it. It does say the rottweilers were on lead, so the inference is that the staffie was not. Admittedly this was in a carpark in town, so it should have been on a lead. And if it was on lead, surely it could have been dragged away by the lead, but no, Manarlie, I was not there, I am just trying to piece together what happened from the little facts that have been given.
Deni, it does not say it. It does say the rottweilers were on lead, so the inference is that the staffie was not. Admittedly this was in a carpark in town, so it should have been on a lead. And if it was on lead, surely it could have been dragged away by the lead, but no, Manarlie, I was not there, I am just trying to piece together what happened from the little facts that have been given. MorrisE
  • Score: -2

1:47pm Fri 11 Apr 14

a-nona-mouse says...

MorrisE wrote:
So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?
This does seem to be a logical explanation to what may have happened, but no one was a witness.
Let me start firstly by wishing Ollie a speedy recovery as its a nasty ordeal to go through and just as nasty to witness for his young owner.

However I must write that not all dogs are happy in the presense of other, this is a fact. Its also a fact that no matter how well they are raise, trained, socialised etc, it can still remain the case that dogs do not always like other dogs. An anxious dog can give the appearance and act in a way that may be perceived as dog aggressive. These dogs were on lead, they were not off, so could only have been able to get poor Ollie if he was off.

One of the hardest things as an owner, who does not let their dogs run in public places, but keeps them on a lead, is to deal with owners whose dogs just run up, they are the ones who need to have control of their dogs, you should never allow an off lead dog approach those on lead. I would fully support all dogs on lead in public areas, and as an extra backup muzzles too. Nothing wrong with them, they give everone peace of mind and you keep everyone safe.

Also I'd like to point out that just because a dog does attack another dog, hoever serious or not, this absolutely does NOT mean that they are human agressive, and if you think this then you need to learn some basic dog psycology.

Finally, the owners absolutely should not have left without any assistance and should come forward, although their thoughts at the time were probably to remove their dogs from the situation before any further esculation

Get well soon ollie
[quote][p][bold]MorrisE[/bold] wrote: So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?[/p][/quote]This does seem to be a logical explanation to what may have happened, but no one was a witness. Let me start firstly by wishing Ollie a speedy recovery as its a nasty ordeal to go through and just as nasty to witness for his young owner. However I must write that not all dogs are happy in the presense of other, this is a fact. Its also a fact that no matter how well they are raise, trained, socialised etc, it can still remain the case that dogs do not always like other dogs. An anxious dog can give the appearance and act in a way that may be perceived as dog aggressive. These dogs were on lead, they were not off, so could only have been able to get poor Ollie if he was off. One of the hardest things as an owner, who does not let their dogs run in public places, but keeps them on a lead, is to deal with owners whose dogs just run up, they are the ones who need to have control of their dogs, you should never allow an off lead dog approach those on lead. I would fully support all dogs on lead in public areas, and as an extra backup muzzles too. Nothing wrong with them, they give everone peace of mind and you keep everyone safe. Also I'd like to point out that just because a dog does attack another dog, hoever serious or not, this absolutely does NOT mean that they are human agressive, and if you think this then you need to learn some basic dog psycology. Finally, the owners absolutely should not have left without any assistance and should come forward, although their thoughts at the time were probably to remove their dogs from the situation before any further esculation Get well soon ollie a-nona-mouse
  • Score: 8

2:28pm Fri 11 Apr 14

twonk says...

I wish I had a friend like his.
I wish I had a friend like his. twonk
  • Score: -4

2:44pm Fri 11 Apr 14

rellula says...

Speculation is a stupid thing the people present know exactly what happened and the story was put on here "lets not forget" to find the Rottweiler owners as even if Ollie was off lead or on it they left an injured animal with two young people without offering help! I also own a Staffordshire bull terrier and have owned Staffies for over 21yrs and used to volunteer for Staffordshire bull terrier rescue and more often than not Staffies came in injured from attacks by other dogs! Any dog small medium or large can be trained to be aggressive protective whatever way you'd like to dress it up but any "responsible owner" and dog lover would not have left the other one bleeding. Get well soon Ollie and to ollies owners good luck and I hope it all works out for you xxx
Speculation is a stupid thing the people present know exactly what happened and the story was put on here "lets not forget" to find the Rottweiler owners as even if Ollie was off lead or on it they left an injured animal with two young people without offering help! I also own a Staffordshire bull terrier and have owned Staffies for over 21yrs and used to volunteer for Staffordshire bull terrier rescue and more often than not Staffies came in injured from attacks by other dogs! Any dog small medium or large can be trained to be aggressive protective whatever way you'd like to dress it up but any "responsible owner" and dog lover would not have left the other one bleeding. Get well soon Ollie and to ollies owners good luck and I hope it all works out for you xxx rellula
  • Score: 9

4:12pm Fri 11 Apr 14

sussexram40 says...

LongDistanceRunner2 wrote:
Surely we have banned guns because we can't trust owners to handle them responsibly. It really ought to be the same with dogs that are capable of causing injuries.
Exactly.
The vast majority of the growing number of dog attacks involve these Staffordshire bull terriers and Rottweilers.
I don't hear of Labradors or Pugs attacking and killing babies and children.
[quote][p][bold]LongDistanceRunner2[/bold] wrote: Surely we have banned guns because we can't trust owners to handle them responsibly. It really ought to be the same with dogs that are capable of causing injuries.[/p][/quote]Exactly. The vast majority of the growing number of dog attacks involve these Staffordshire bull terriers and Rottweilers. I don't hear of Labradors or Pugs attacking and killing babies and children. sussexram40
  • Score: -12

4:34pm Fri 11 Apr 14

mhaiti says...

MorrisE wrote:
Deni, it does not say it. It does say the rottweilers were on lead, so the inference is that the staffie was not. Admittedly this was in a carpark in town, so it should have been on a lead. And if it was on lead, surely it could have been dragged away by the lead, but no, Manarlie, I was not there, I am just trying to piece together what happened from the little facts that have been given.
Where does it say that it was in a car park in town?

Car park that links coldean lane and ditchling road sounds like it's up near the golf course. You'd think that two adult owners with their dogs on leads are more likely to be able to pull their dogs away from a smaller dog than a 15 year old boy is.

Also says in the article that the staffie lay down and let the other dogs attack it.

Either way, they should have hung about to make sure everything was ok. Running away only screams guilt in my eyes.
[quote][p][bold]MorrisE[/bold] wrote: Deni, it does not say it. It does say the rottweilers were on lead, so the inference is that the staffie was not. Admittedly this was in a carpark in town, so it should have been on a lead. And if it was on lead, surely it could have been dragged away by the lead, but no, Manarlie, I was not there, I am just trying to piece together what happened from the little facts that have been given.[/p][/quote]Where does it say that it was in a car park in town? Car park that links coldean lane and ditchling road sounds like it's up near the golf course. You'd think that two adult owners with their dogs on leads are more likely to be able to pull their dogs away from a smaller dog than a 15 year old boy is. Also says in the article that the staffie lay down and let the other dogs attack it. Either way, they should have hung about to make sure everything was ok. Running away only screams guilt in my eyes. mhaiti
  • Score: 8

5:42pm Fri 11 Apr 14

birthofanorange says...

I'm going to buy a lion and treat it kindly during the first years of it's life. I'll also keep it on a lead in public. Job done, everyone's happy.
I'm going to buy a lion and treat it kindly during the first years of it's life. I'll also keep it on a lead in public. Job done, everyone's happy. birthofanorange
  • Score: -1

6:19pm Fri 11 Apr 14

sussexram40 says...

Most fatal dog attacks are in private homes and gardens.

Bt all dogs should be muzzled in public places and there should be dog licences and nobody with a criminal record can get one
Most fatal dog attacks are in private homes and gardens. Bt all dogs should be muzzled in public places and there should be dog licences and nobody with a criminal record can get one sussexram40
  • Score: -1

6:19pm Fri 11 Apr 14

crazychick77 says...

sussexram40 wrote:
LongDistanceRunner2 wrote:
Surely we have banned guns because we can't trust owners to handle them responsibly. It really ought to be the same with dogs that are capable of causing injuries.
Exactly.
The vast majority of the growing number of dog attacks involve these Staffordshire bull terriers and Rottweilers.
I don't hear of Labradors or Pugs attacking and killing babies and children.
Labs are in top 10 list of dog bites and more often deaths by dogs have been by illegal breeds!
[quote][p][bold]sussexram40[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LongDistanceRunner2[/bold] wrote: Surely we have banned guns because we can't trust owners to handle them responsibly. It really ought to be the same with dogs that are capable of causing injuries.[/p][/quote]Exactly. The vast majority of the growing number of dog attacks involve these Staffordshire bull terriers and Rottweilers. I don't hear of Labradors or Pugs attacking and killing babies and children.[/p][/quote]Labs are in top 10 list of dog bites and more often deaths by dogs have been by illegal breeds! crazychick77
  • Score: 3

7:44pm Fri 11 Apr 14

Juleyanne says...

Difficult one! The Rottie owners should have known their dogs where unreliable and used muzzles together with the leads. However, the poor staffie might, as many pack oriented dogs do - wanted to meet and greet other dogs.
The emphasis is on the owners of all dogs involved. The staffie should have been trained to recall as it approached the dogs and the Rottie owners appear to have zero control of their dogs which as this case proves can be potentially dangerous for all manner of reasons! They completely failed to grasp the need for muzzles as it is fairly inevitable that at some stage an over friendly dog will approach where dogs are running free in parks and green spaces. Once again, it is clear the Rottie dogs were not socialized with other dogs from puppies and it highlights the vital importance of early socialisation of all dogs with other dogs.
Difficult one! The Rottie owners should have known their dogs where unreliable and used muzzles together with the leads. However, the poor staffie might, as many pack oriented dogs do - wanted to meet and greet other dogs. The emphasis is on the owners of all dogs involved. The staffie should have been trained to recall as it approached the dogs and the Rottie owners appear to have zero control of their dogs which as this case proves can be potentially dangerous for all manner of reasons! They completely failed to grasp the need for muzzles as it is fairly inevitable that at some stage an over friendly dog will approach where dogs are running free in parks and green spaces. Once again, it is clear the Rottie dogs were not socialized with other dogs from puppies and it highlights the vital importance of early socialisation of all dogs with other dogs. Juleyanne
  • Score: 10

9:52pm Fri 11 Apr 14

Gottosay says...

crazychick77 wrote:
sussexram40 wrote:
LongDistanceRunner2 wrote:
Surely we have banned guns because we can't trust owners to handle them responsibly. It really ought to be the same with dogs that are capable of causing injuries.
Exactly.
The vast majority of the growing number of dog attacks involve these Staffordshire bull terriers and Rottweilers.
I don't hear of Labradors or Pugs attacking and killing babies and children.
Labs are in top 10 list of dog bites and more often deaths by dogs have been by illegal breeds!
The sad case in Wales recently was a husky, last year a baby was killed by Jack Russel, funny how the facts get brushed under the carpet when they don't suit the argument.
Ask any dog behaviourist worth their salt and they will tell you that off lead is a safer option when introducing dogs.

Aggression in dogs is undoubtedly and widely accepted as driven my humans inability to manage their pets properly with boundaries and discipline

Muzzling every dog in public is a totally ignorant knee jerk reaction and clearly not from anyone who has the faintest idea about dogs
[quote][p][bold]crazychick77[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexram40[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LongDistanceRunner2[/bold] wrote: Surely we have banned guns because we can't trust owners to handle them responsibly. It really ought to be the same with dogs that are capable of causing injuries.[/p][/quote]Exactly. The vast majority of the growing number of dog attacks involve these Staffordshire bull terriers and Rottweilers. I don't hear of Labradors or Pugs attacking and killing babies and children.[/p][/quote]Labs are in top 10 list of dog bites and more often deaths by dogs have been by illegal breeds![/p][/quote]The sad case in Wales recently was a husky, last year a baby was killed by Jack Russel, funny how the facts get brushed under the carpet when they don't suit the argument. Ask any dog behaviourist worth their salt and they will tell you that off lead is a safer option when introducing dogs. Aggression in dogs is undoubtedly and widely accepted as driven my humans inability to manage their pets properly with boundaries and discipline Muzzling every dog in public is a totally ignorant knee jerk reaction and clearly not from anyone who has the faintest idea about dogs Gottosay
  • Score: 5

11:03pm Fri 11 Apr 14

ttt121orig says...

Well not to be the tough guy here but..
Why didnt the boy start kicking the dogs?
If my dog was being attacked by rottweilers..
My dog was like a brother to me, and i would attack anything attacking him.
Those rotts would have had their ribs broken if they had attacked my dog.
Well not to be the tough guy here but.. Why didnt the boy start kicking the dogs? If my dog was being attacked by rottweilers.. My dog was like a brother to me, and i would attack anything attacking him. Those rotts would have had their ribs broken if they had attacked my dog. ttt121orig
  • Score: 0

12:19am Sat 12 Apr 14

moomoo27 says...

Why blame the dogs it's the owners that should get blamed if you can't handle a big dog then why have a dog any dog is more than capable of attacking not just Staffordshire balls or pit balls few months back I got bit by a Jack Russell that's was on a retractable lead. I had a staff for 16 years he never attacked anyone he was my best friend and a family member why give them a bad name
Why blame the dogs it's the owners that should get blamed if you can't handle a big dog then why have a dog any dog is more than capable of attacking not just Staffordshire balls or pit balls few months back I got bit by a Jack Russell that's was on a retractable lead. I had a staff for 16 years he never attacked anyone he was my best friend and a family member why give them a bad name moomoo27
  • Score: 10

12:23am Sat 12 Apr 14

kaykay24 says...

I think some people are commenting on here because they have nothing better to do and by the sound of some of these comments they need to be muzzled them selfs the bunch of muppets in my eyes it pure guilt of those rottie owners because in any circumstance you wouldnt just run off if you saw your dogs had badley hurt another and not every 15 year old has a phone these days actually have you seen what actually happens in this messed up city or are you too upper class because you dont live on a council estate to even realise the amount of street robberys of peoples bags phones ect that happen on a day to day basis you messed up people....anyways acer enough of the low lifes hope ollie is ok hun and recovers quick.
I think some people are commenting on here because they have nothing better to do and by the sound of some of these comments they need to be muzzled them selfs the bunch of muppets in my eyes it pure guilt of those rottie owners because in any circumstance you wouldnt just run off if you saw your dogs had badley hurt another and not every 15 year old has a phone these days actually have you seen what actually happens in this messed up city or are you too upper class because you dont live on a council estate to even realise the amount of street robberys of peoples bags phones ect that happen on a day to day basis you messed up people....anyways acer enough of the low lifes hope ollie is ok hun and recovers quick. kaykay24
  • Score: 7

2:58am Sat 12 Apr 14

whatevernext2013 says...

Terry K wrote:
Full licensing to own a dog should be brought in, along with a crb check, compolosory dog handling training as part of licensing conditions, third party insurance and muzzling when in a public place, electronic chipping of all dogs too, thats what's needed unfortunatey, the public's safety must come first and not the substitute child owners selfish interests.
funny i feel the same way about cyclists ,and fool can take a bike out on the pavement and run a child over and ,no need for safety checks insurance or to take any test to see if they are safe to ride a bike ,as you say your self the public s safety must come first ,before the selfish greens push to get more out on a bike ,and dont start me on skateboards or roller skates only yesterday i watched a fool on a skateboard hitch a lift on the back of a bus up north street
[quote][p][bold]Terry K[/bold] wrote: Full licensing to own a dog should be brought in, along with a crb check, compolosory dog handling training as part of licensing conditions, third party insurance and muzzling when in a public place, electronic chipping of all dogs too, thats what's needed unfortunatey, the public's safety must come first and not the substitute child owners selfish interests.[/p][/quote]funny i feel the same way about cyclists ,and fool can take a bike out on the pavement and run a child over and ,no need for safety checks insurance or to take any test to see if they are safe to ride a bike ,as you say your self the public s safety must come first ,before the selfish greens push to get more out on a bike ,and dont start me on skateboards or roller skates only yesterday i watched a fool on a skateboard hitch a lift on the back of a bus up north street whatevernext2013
  • Score: -2

4:19am Sat 12 Apr 14

Love Them Staffies says...

Come on all you Staffy haters!!!! Nothing to say about this then?? Not going to say the Rotties are from the Pit bull family or all Rotty owners are idiotic Chav's what nothing as stupid like that.
In fact i'm surprized you haven't just blamed the poor Staff or the kids yet!!

Just shows you NOT all Staff's are nasty evil devil dogs ~ Most are loving gentle family pets!!!!
Come on all you Staffy haters!!!! Nothing to say about this then?? Not going to say the Rotties are from the Pit bull family or all Rotty owners are idiotic Chav's what nothing as stupid like that. In fact i'm surprized you haven't just blamed the poor Staff or the kids yet!! Just shows you NOT all Staff's are nasty evil devil dogs ~ Most are loving gentle family pets!!!! Love Them Staffies
  • Score: 6

4:22am Sat 12 Apr 14

Love Them Staffies says...

moomoo27 wrote:
Why blame the dogs it's the owners that should get blamed if you can't handle a big dog then why have a dog any dog is more than capable of attacking not just Staffordshire balls or pit balls few months back I got bit by a Jack Russell that's was on a retractable lead. I had a staff for 16 years he never attacked anyone he was my best friend and a family member why give them a bad name
"Staffordshire balls or pit balls" Really?? lol Never seen a Pit ball before pmsl
[quote][p][bold]moomoo27[/bold] wrote: Why blame the dogs it's the owners that should get blamed if you can't handle a big dog then why have a dog any dog is more than capable of attacking not just Staffordshire balls or pit balls few months back I got bit by a Jack Russell that's was on a retractable lead. I had a staff for 16 years he never attacked anyone he was my best friend and a family member why give them a bad name[/p][/quote]"Staffordshire balls or pit balls" Really?? lol Never seen a Pit ball before pmsl Love Them Staffies
  • Score: 0

4:35am Sat 12 Apr 14

Love Them Staffies says...

ttt121orig wrote:
Well not to be the tough guy here but..
Why didnt the boy start kicking the dogs?
If my dog was being attacked by rottweilers..
My dog was like a brother to me, and i would attack anything attacking him.
Those rotts would have had their ribs broken if they had attacked my dog.
Think about it........ What would happen if you kick a dog any time but even more so when they are in full fight mode??? They're going to bite you!!!!!

Not for any other reason than they wont stop to think "oh that's a 15yr old child, best not touch" They will think "pain~attacking me~Defend myself~Bite to get them off"
[quote][p][bold]ttt121orig[/bold] wrote: Well not to be the tough guy here but.. Why didnt the boy start kicking the dogs? If my dog was being attacked by rottweilers.. My dog was like a brother to me, and i would attack anything attacking him. Those rotts would have had their ribs broken if they had attacked my dog.[/p][/quote]Think about it........ What would happen if you kick a dog any time but even more so when they are in full fight mode??? They're going to bite you!!!!! Not for any other reason than they wont stop to think "oh that's a 15yr old child, best not touch" They will think "pain~attacking me~Defend myself~Bite to get them off" Love Them Staffies
  • Score: 0

8:11am Sat 12 Apr 14

Juleyanne says...

Any living thing including humans with teeth, claws or fists is capable of inflicting harm on another. It is good pet ownership/parenting, training, boundaries, manners, commonsense and love that ultimately decide what person or pet we turn out to be. It is rarely about individual breeds or down to your postcode.
Any living thing including humans with teeth, claws or fists is capable of inflicting harm on another. It is good pet ownership/parenting, training, boundaries, manners, commonsense and love that ultimately decide what person or pet we turn out to be. It is rarely about individual breeds or down to your postcode. Juleyanne
  • Score: 4

9:35am Sat 12 Apr 14

ohhumanity says...

Patsyr wrote:
ohhumanity wrote:
rogerthefish wrote:
Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.
Sorry, but are you going to read the article properly? it was a staffordshire BULL TERRIER that got attacked by two rottweilers. Don't blame the dogs, blame the owners. There have been stories about even labradors attacking children and other dogs, does that mean ALL labradors should be put down?

If a dog is raised to be calm and domesticated, it will be exactly that. If you train your dog to be aggressive, it will be aggressive. If you cant train the aggression out of your dog, you should not be the owner of that dog. This is why certain breeds get a bad name. The owners should be punished, not the animals.
This is rubbish! All dogs have the potential to be aggressive, they are unpredictable. If a dog gets frightened or anxious it can easily act out of character and attack.
I would like to see all dogs muzzled in all public places. I am regularly out with young children and dog owners are regularly encouraging the children to pet the dog as " He/she wont hurt you" How do they know and why are they so keen for me and the children to stroke their dogs? I don't understand it at all.
On the flipside of that, when I walk my dog, I get a lot of people with children saying "Oh you dont mind if my little boy/girl strokes him? They love dogs!". Or the sheer amount of people who will just swing their arms out and give my dog a random pat on the head while they walk passed me. It goes both ways.

I don't believe that all dogs should wear muzzles, because not all dogs are aggressive. That's like saying that because a few people in area A (for example) have beaten other people up, that means everyone in area A should be punished.
[quote][p][bold]Patsyr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ohhumanity[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rogerthefish[/bold] wrote: Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.[/p][/quote]Sorry, but are you going to read the article properly? it was a staffordshire BULL TERRIER that got attacked by two rottweilers. Don't blame the dogs, blame the owners. There have been stories about even labradors attacking children and other dogs, does that mean ALL labradors should be put down? If a dog is raised to be calm and domesticated, it will be exactly that. If you train your dog to be aggressive, it will be aggressive. If you cant train the aggression out of your dog, you should not be the owner of that dog. This is why certain breeds get a bad name. The owners should be punished, not the animals.[/p][/quote]This is rubbish! All dogs have the potential to be aggressive, they are unpredictable. If a dog gets frightened or anxious it can easily act out of character and attack. I would like to see all dogs muzzled in all public places. I am regularly out with young children and dog owners are regularly encouraging the children to pet the dog as " He/she wont hurt you" How do they know and why are they so keen for me and the children to stroke their dogs? I don't understand it at all.[/p][/quote]On the flipside of that, when I walk my dog, I get a lot of people with children saying "Oh you dont mind if my little boy/girl strokes him? They love dogs!". Or the sheer amount of people who will just swing their arms out and give my dog a random pat on the head while they walk passed me. It goes both ways. I don't believe that all dogs should wear muzzles, because not all dogs are aggressive. That's like saying that because a few people in area A (for example) have beaten other people up, that means everyone in area A should be punished. ohhumanity
  • Score: 6

9:40am Sat 12 Apr 14

ohhumanity says...

Also, all dogs have the potential to be aggressive because, guess what? They're animals. If an animal feels threatened, it will do what it can to protect itself. But you can train a dog to react in certain ways in certain situations. I've owned a lot of dogs of different breeds, all were taught that around children, they do NOT growl or bite, even if the child is tugging at their tail or pulling their fur.

All problematic dogs come from problematic homes. Dogs that have been abandoned will develop a distrust of humans, dogs that have been beaten will be scared when you raise your hand. Dogs will react to your behaviour. It is important to remember that when handling any animal. So I reiterate my initial point- the owners of the rottweiler style dogs should be punished for teaching their dogs to show aggression, not the dogs who are simply following commands.
Also, all dogs have the potential to be aggressive because, guess what? They're animals. If an animal feels threatened, it will do what it can to protect itself. But you can train a dog to react in certain ways in certain situations. I've owned a lot of dogs of different breeds, all were taught that around children, they do NOT growl or bite, even if the child is tugging at their tail or pulling their fur. All problematic dogs come from problematic homes. Dogs that have been abandoned will develop a distrust of humans, dogs that have been beaten will be scared when you raise your hand. Dogs will react to your behaviour. It is important to remember that when handling any animal. So I reiterate my initial point- the owners of the rottweiler style dogs should be punished for teaching their dogs to show aggression, not the dogs who are simply following commands. ohhumanity
  • Score: 2

9:51am Sat 12 Apr 14

Wide Bertha says...

Love Them Staffies wrote:
moomoo27 wrote:
Why blame the dogs it's the owners that should get blamed if you can't handle a big dog then why have a dog any dog is more than capable of attacking not just Staffordshire balls or pit balls few months back I got bit by a Jack Russell that's was on a retractable lead. I had a staff for 16 years he never attacked anyone he was my best friend and a family member why give them a bad name
"Staffordshire balls or pit balls" Really?? lol Never seen a Pit ball before pmsl
You come across as quite intelligent ....
[quote][p][bold]Love Them Staffies[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]moomoo27[/bold] wrote: Why blame the dogs it's the owners that should get blamed if you can't handle a big dog then why have a dog any dog is more than capable of attacking not just Staffordshire balls or pit balls few months back I got bit by a Jack Russell that's was on a retractable lead. I had a staff for 16 years he never attacked anyone he was my best friend and a family member why give them a bad name[/p][/quote]"Staffordshire balls or pit balls" Really?? lol Never seen a Pit ball before pmsl[/p][/quote]You come across as quite intelligent .... Wide Bertha
  • Score: -2

10:09am Sat 12 Apr 14

moomoo27 says...

Wide Bertha wrote:
Love Them Staffies wrote:
moomoo27 wrote:
Why blame the dogs it's the owners that should get blamed if you can't handle a big dog then why have a dog any dog is more than capable of attacking not just Staffordshire balls or pit balls few months back I got bit by a Jack Russell that's was on a retractable lead. I had a staff for 16 years he never attacked anyone he was my best friend and a family member why give them a bad name
"Staffordshire balls or pit balls" Really?? lol Never seen a Pit ball before pmsl
You come across as quite intelligent ....
At the end of the day does not matter if I'm intelligent of not it's about the dogs people giving them a bad name. And I hope ollie makes a full recovery.
[quote][p][bold]Wide Bertha[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Love Them Staffies[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]moomoo27[/bold] wrote: Why blame the dogs it's the owners that should get blamed if you can't handle a big dog then why have a dog any dog is more than capable of attacking not just Staffordshire balls or pit balls few months back I got bit by a Jack Russell that's was on a retractable lead. I had a staff for 16 years he never attacked anyone he was my best friend and a family member why give them a bad name[/p][/quote]"Staffordshire balls or pit balls" Really?? lol Never seen a Pit ball before pmsl[/p][/quote]You come across as quite intelligent ....[/p][/quote]At the end of the day does not matter if I'm intelligent of not it's about the dogs people giving them a bad name. And I hope ollie makes a full recovery. moomoo27
  • Score: 5

10:39am Sat 12 Apr 14

DCCCCCC says...

hubby wrote:
There is a simple answer.
All dogs should be muzzled in public.This causes the dog no pain and it will soon get used to it.It stops them biting anything or anybody.
Can anybody give a sensible reason why this cannot be done?
Yes, I am a responsible dog owner with dogs that I fully trust will never bite but I agree. I would have no hesitation with muzzling my dogs if this became law and no, I don't see a problem with this except that one of mine is obsessed with chasing her ball. Still, she can do that in the garden.
[quote][p][bold]hubby[/bold] wrote: There is a simple answer. All dogs should be muzzled in public.This causes the dog no pain and it will soon get used to it.It stops them biting anything or anybody. Can anybody give a sensible reason why this cannot be done?[/p][/quote]Yes, I am a responsible dog owner with dogs that I fully trust will never bite but I agree. I would have no hesitation with muzzling my dogs if this became law and no, I don't see a problem with this except that one of mine is obsessed with chasing her ball. Still, she can do that in the garden. DCCCCCC
  • Score: 2

10:41am Sat 12 Apr 14

DCCCCCC says...

Terry K wrote:
Full licensing to own a dog should be brought in, along with a crb check, compolosory dog handling training as part of licensing conditions, third party insurance and muzzling when in a public place, electronic chipping of all dogs too, thats what's needed unfortunatey, the public's safety must come first and not the substitute child owners selfish interests.
And compulsory spaying as so many idiots breed dogs just to supplement their benefits!
[quote][p][bold]Terry K[/bold] wrote: Full licensing to own a dog should be brought in, along with a crb check, compolosory dog handling training as part of licensing conditions, third party insurance and muzzling when in a public place, electronic chipping of all dogs too, thats what's needed unfortunatey, the public's safety must come first and not the substitute child owners selfish interests.[/p][/quote]And compulsory spaying as so many idiots breed dogs just to supplement their benefits! DCCCCCC
  • Score: 2

10:52am Sat 12 Apr 14

DCCCCCC says...

a-nona-mouse wrote:
MorrisE wrote:
So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?
This does seem to be a logical explanation to what may have happened, but no one was a witness.
Let me start firstly by wishing Ollie a speedy recovery as its a nasty ordeal to go through and just as nasty to witness for his young owner.

However I must write that not all dogs are happy in the presense of other, this is a fact. Its also a fact that no matter how well they are raise, trained, socialised etc, it can still remain the case that dogs do not always like other dogs. An anxious dog can give the appearance and act in a way that may be perceived as dog aggressive. These dogs were on lead, they were not off, so could only have been able to get poor Ollie if he was off.

One of the hardest things as an owner, who does not let their dogs run in public places, but keeps them on a lead, is to deal with owners whose dogs just run up, they are the ones who need to have control of their dogs, you should never allow an off lead dog approach those on lead. I would fully support all dogs on lead in public areas, and as an extra backup muzzles too. Nothing wrong with them, they give everone peace of mind and you keep everyone safe.

Also I'd like to point out that just because a dog does attack another dog, hoever serious or not, this absolutely does NOT mean that they are human agressive, and if you think this then you need to learn some basic dog psycology.

Finally, the owners absolutely should not have left without any assistance and should come forward, although their thoughts at the time were probably to remove their dogs from the situation before any further esculation

Get well soon ollie
Very good point.. My son walks his large rescue dog always on the lead, not because he is aggressive but because he is very boisterous and far too heavy for other smaller dogs to play with. But incredibly frequently people let their smaller dogs run up to him and then look daggers when my sons dog attempts to jump on them. I have dogs and have had many dogs over the years, all rescued. If you can't control your pooch, no matter how big or small, then keep it on the lead or take it somewhere where it doesn't bother other dogs or people. I manage to so why can't others?
[quote][p][bold]a-nona-mouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MorrisE[/bold] wrote: So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?[/p][/quote]This does seem to be a logical explanation to what may have happened, but no one was a witness. Let me start firstly by wishing Ollie a speedy recovery as its a nasty ordeal to go through and just as nasty to witness for his young owner. However I must write that not all dogs are happy in the presense of other, this is a fact. Its also a fact that no matter how well they are raise, trained, socialised etc, it can still remain the case that dogs do not always like other dogs. An anxious dog can give the appearance and act in a way that may be perceived as dog aggressive. These dogs were on lead, they were not off, so could only have been able to get poor Ollie if he was off. One of the hardest things as an owner, who does not let their dogs run in public places, but keeps them on a lead, is to deal with owners whose dogs just run up, they are the ones who need to have control of their dogs, you should never allow an off lead dog approach those on lead. I would fully support all dogs on lead in public areas, and as an extra backup muzzles too. Nothing wrong with them, they give everone peace of mind and you keep everyone safe. Also I'd like to point out that just because a dog does attack another dog, hoever serious or not, this absolutely does NOT mean that they are human agressive, and if you think this then you need to learn some basic dog psycology. Finally, the owners absolutely should not have left without any assistance and should come forward, although their thoughts at the time were probably to remove their dogs from the situation before any further esculation Get well soon ollie[/p][/quote]Very good point.. My son walks his large rescue dog always on the lead, not because he is aggressive but because he is very boisterous and far too heavy for other smaller dogs to play with. But incredibly frequently people let their smaller dogs run up to him and then look daggers when my sons dog attempts to jump on them. I have dogs and have had many dogs over the years, all rescued. If you can't control your pooch, no matter how big or small, then keep it on the lead or take it somewhere where it doesn't bother other dogs or people. I manage to so why can't others? DCCCCCC
  • Score: 7

11:46am Sat 12 Apr 14

Terry K says...

I won't hesitate to have arrested any bonehead that allows it's dog to bite me in a public place either by accident or deliberate, i will also sue for compensation and have the mutt destroyed. Normal people have to fight back against idiotic dog owners. It's not true that it's just the owner and not the dog either, it's the owner AND the dog, some so called well behaved dogs can turn for no reason, people should stop humansing them in my view.

Muzzlling all dogs when in a public place is what we need urgently.
I won't hesitate to have arrested any bonehead that allows it's dog to bite me in a public place either by accident or deliberate, i will also sue for compensation and have the mutt destroyed. Normal people have to fight back against idiotic dog owners. It's not true that it's just the owner and not the dog either, it's the owner AND the dog, some so called well behaved dogs can turn for no reason, people should stop humansing them in my view. Muzzlling all dogs when in a public place is what we need urgently. Terry K
  • Score: -3

11:49am Sat 12 Apr 14

angrymonkey says...

the man and woman sound like scum hope find them soon best place for people like this would be in a safari park as lion meat see them get hunted down and pull to bits I pay to see it .
the man and woman sound like scum hope find them soon best place for people like this would be in a safari park as lion meat see them get hunted down and pull to bits I pay to see it . angrymonkey
  • Score: 1

3:30pm Sat 12 Apr 14

Bill in Hanover says...

sbuckwell wrote:
Sorry but this is a shame for the staffie that got hurt.... And how dare the first post say dangerous dogs and council house owners be put down. I am a council tenant who works along with my husband abd have had 1 staffie for 14 yrs and a pitbull for 13! They were the best companion and friend and loyal pet we have ever had! Its not always the dog fault its the owners! Whether u a ouncil tenenat or own your frigging home!!!!! People like you need putting down! Get your facts right before you judge! Hope tge staffie ok!
Pitbulls are a banned breed and if you do own one should be charged by the police
[quote][p][bold]sbuckwell[/bold] wrote: Sorry but this is a shame for the staffie that got hurt.... And how dare the first post say dangerous dogs and council house owners be put down. I am a council tenant who works along with my husband abd have had 1 staffie for 14 yrs and a pitbull for 13! They were the best companion and friend and loyal pet we have ever had! Its not always the dog fault its the owners! Whether u a ouncil tenenat or own your frigging home!!!!! People like you need putting down! Get your facts right before you judge! Hope tge staffie ok![/p][/quote]Pitbulls are a banned breed and if you do own one should be charged by the police Bill in Hanover
  • Score: 0

5:31pm Sat 12 Apr 14

DCCCCCC says...

Terry K wrote:
I won't hesitate to have arrested any bonehead that allows it's dog to bite me in a public place either by accident or deliberate, i will also sue for compensation and have the mutt destroyed. Normal people have to fight back against idiotic dog owners. It's not true that it's just the owner and not the dog either, it's the owner AND the dog, some so called well behaved dogs can turn for no reason, people should stop humansing them in my view.

Muzzlling all dogs when in a public place is what we need urgently.
I can't believe what I read sometimes! Unbelievable.
[quote][p][bold]Terry K[/bold] wrote: I won't hesitate to have arrested any bonehead that allows it's dog to bite me in a public place either by accident or deliberate, i will also sue for compensation and have the mutt destroyed. Normal people have to fight back against idiotic dog owners. It's not true that it's just the owner and not the dog either, it's the owner AND the dog, some so called well behaved dogs can turn for no reason, people should stop humansing them in my view. Muzzlling all dogs when in a public place is what we need urgently.[/p][/quote]I can't believe what I read sometimes! Unbelievable. DCCCCCC
  • Score: 2

5:33pm Sat 12 Apr 14

DCCCCCC says...

Terry K wrote:
I won't hesitate to have arrested any bonehead that allows it's dog to bite me in a public place either by accident or deliberate, i will also sue for compensation and have the mutt destroyed. Normal people have to fight back against idiotic dog owners. It's not true that it's just the owner and not the dog either, it's the owner AND the dog, some so called well behaved dogs can turn for no reason, people should stop humansing them in my view.

Muzzlling all dogs when in a public place is what we need urgently.
Oh, bully for you!
[quote][p][bold]Terry K[/bold] wrote: I won't hesitate to have arrested any bonehead that allows it's dog to bite me in a public place either by accident or deliberate, i will also sue for compensation and have the mutt destroyed. Normal people have to fight back against idiotic dog owners. It's not true that it's just the owner and not the dog either, it's the owner AND the dog, some so called well behaved dogs can turn for no reason, people should stop humansing them in my view. Muzzlling all dogs when in a public place is what we need urgently.[/p][/quote]Oh, bully for you! DCCCCCC
  • Score: -4

6:03pm Sat 12 Apr 14

birthofanorange says...

Be honest and man-up! The vast majority of people who own these (potentially lethal) dogs do so for one purpose - to look big and to feel 'protected'.
Yes, all dogs have the capacity to bite/harm, but there are (believe it or not) different degrees of damage a dog can do.
These kind of dogs should NOT under any circumstances be allowed to be kept, nor should any right-thinking person (and here is where the problem lies!) want a potential killer living with them and their family.
Get a dog without such capacity for inflicting such damage, or, as I suggested earlier, buy a bloody lion. At least be honest about why you want such things.
It's akin to paranoid Americans wanting to own an assault rifle "because it's their 'right'. "
Pathetic. Small d!ck syndrome is clearly alive and kicking here too.
Be honest and man-up! The vast majority of people who own these (potentially lethal) dogs do so for one purpose - to look big and to feel 'protected'. Yes, all dogs have the capacity to bite/harm, but there are (believe it or not) different degrees of damage a dog can do. These kind of dogs should NOT under any circumstances be allowed to be kept, nor should any right-thinking person (and here is where the problem lies!) want a potential killer living with them and their family. Get a dog without such capacity for inflicting such damage, or, as I suggested earlier, buy a bloody lion. At least be honest about why you want such things. It's akin to paranoid Americans wanting to own an assault rifle "because it's their 'right'. " Pathetic. Small d!ck syndrome is clearly alive and kicking here too. birthofanorange
  • Score: 0

6:52pm Sat 12 Apr 14

KarenT says...

DCCCCCC wrote:
a-nona-mouse wrote:
MorrisE wrote:
So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?
This does seem to be a logical explanation to what may have happened, but no one was a witness.
Let me start firstly by wishing Ollie a speedy recovery as its a nasty ordeal to go through and just as nasty to witness for his young owner.

However I must write that not all dogs are happy in the presense of other, this is a fact. Its also a fact that no matter how well they are raise, trained, socialised etc, it can still remain the case that dogs do not always like other dogs. An anxious dog can give the appearance and act in a way that may be perceived as dog aggressive. These dogs were on lead, they were not off, so could only have been able to get poor Ollie if he was off.

One of the hardest things as an owner, who does not let their dogs run in public places, but keeps them on a lead, is to deal with owners whose dogs just run up, they are the ones who need to have control of their dogs, you should never allow an off lead dog approach those on lead. I would fully support all dogs on lead in public areas, and as an extra backup muzzles too. Nothing wrong with them, they give everone peace of mind and you keep everyone safe.

Also I'd like to point out that just because a dog does attack another dog, hoever serious or not, this absolutely does NOT mean that they are human agressive, and if you think this then you need to learn some basic dog psycology.

Finally, the owners absolutely should not have left without any assistance and should come forward, although their thoughts at the time were probably to remove their dogs from the situation before any further esculation

Get well soon ollie
Very good point.. My son walks his large rescue dog always on the lead, not because he is aggressive but because he is very boisterous and far too heavy for other smaller dogs to play with. But incredibly frequently people let their smaller dogs run up to him and then look daggers when my sons dog attempts to jump on them. I have dogs and have had many dogs over the years, all rescued. If you can't control your pooch, no matter how big or small, then keep it on the lead or take it somewhere where it doesn't bother other dogs or people. I manage to so why can't others?
Cuz they're skuz, that's why.
[quote][p][bold]DCCCCCC[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]a-nona-mouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MorrisE[/bold] wrote: So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?[/p][/quote]This does seem to be a logical explanation to what may have happened, but no one was a witness. Let me start firstly by wishing Ollie a speedy recovery as its a nasty ordeal to go through and just as nasty to witness for his young owner. However I must write that not all dogs are happy in the presense of other, this is a fact. Its also a fact that no matter how well they are raise, trained, socialised etc, it can still remain the case that dogs do not always like other dogs. An anxious dog can give the appearance and act in a way that may be perceived as dog aggressive. These dogs were on lead, they were not off, so could only have been able to get poor Ollie if he was off. One of the hardest things as an owner, who does not let their dogs run in public places, but keeps them on a lead, is to deal with owners whose dogs just run up, they are the ones who need to have control of their dogs, you should never allow an off lead dog approach those on lead. I would fully support all dogs on lead in public areas, and as an extra backup muzzles too. Nothing wrong with them, they give everone peace of mind and you keep everyone safe. Also I'd like to point out that just because a dog does attack another dog, hoever serious or not, this absolutely does NOT mean that they are human agressive, and if you think this then you need to learn some basic dog psycology. Finally, the owners absolutely should not have left without any assistance and should come forward, although their thoughts at the time were probably to remove their dogs from the situation before any further esculation Get well soon ollie[/p][/quote]Very good point.. My son walks his large rescue dog always on the lead, not because he is aggressive but because he is very boisterous and far too heavy for other smaller dogs to play with. But incredibly frequently people let their smaller dogs run up to him and then look daggers when my sons dog attempts to jump on them. I have dogs and have had many dogs over the years, all rescued. If you can't control your pooch, no matter how big or small, then keep it on the lead or take it somewhere where it doesn't bother other dogs or people. I manage to so why can't others?[/p][/quote]Cuz they're skuz, that's why. KarenT
  • Score: -3

7:04pm Sat 12 Apr 14

KarenT says...

a-nona-mouse wrote:
MorrisE wrote:
So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?
This does seem to be a logical explanation to what may have happened, but no one was a witness.
Let me start firstly by wishing Ollie a speedy recovery as its a nasty ordeal to go through and just as nasty to witness for his young owner.

However I must write that not all dogs are happy in the presense of other, this is a fact. Its also a fact that no matter how well they are raise, trained, socialised etc, it can still remain the case that dogs do not always like other dogs. An anxious dog can give the appearance and act in a way that may be perceived as dog aggressive. These dogs were on lead, they were not off, so could only have been able to get poor Ollie if he was off.

One of the hardest things as an owner, who does not let their dogs run in public places, but keeps them on a lead, is to deal with owners whose dogs just run up, they are the ones who need to have control of their dogs, you should never allow an off lead dog approach those on lead. I would fully support all dogs on lead in public areas, and as an extra backup muzzles too. Nothing wrong with them, they give everone peace of mind and you keep everyone safe.

Also I'd like to point out that just because a dog does attack another dog, hoever serious or not, this absolutely does NOT mean that they are human agressive, and if you think this then you need to learn some basic dog psycology.

Finally, the owners absolutely should not have left without any assistance and should come forward, although their thoughts at the time were probably to remove their dogs from the situation before any further esculation

Get well soon ollie
I find I can let my dog run off lead without any problems if we're on Hove Lawns or in St Anne's Well Park. However it's a completely different story in, say, Wild Park. Make of that what you will. ;-)
[quote][p][bold]a-nona-mouse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MorrisE[/bold] wrote: So.. the Staffie was offlead? It approached 2 rottweillers, on lead.. Next is speculation but chances are there was an altercation between the 3 which the owners who had the dogs on lead could not prevent, probably because there was a loose staffie which you would not want to go near. They eventually haul their dogs off when the staffie can no longer attack, and try to go and clean up their dogs. They did not offer to phone a vet for the 15yr old, what 15yr old does not have a mobile? The off lead dog should not have gone near the onlead ones, and was not under control. IF the staffie was on lead, surely they would have been easily separated?[/p][/quote]This does seem to be a logical explanation to what may have happened, but no one was a witness. Let me start firstly by wishing Ollie a speedy recovery as its a nasty ordeal to go through and just as nasty to witness for his young owner. However I must write that not all dogs are happy in the presense of other, this is a fact. Its also a fact that no matter how well they are raise, trained, socialised etc, it can still remain the case that dogs do not always like other dogs. An anxious dog can give the appearance and act in a way that may be perceived as dog aggressive. These dogs were on lead, they were not off, so could only have been able to get poor Ollie if he was off. One of the hardest things as an owner, who does not let their dogs run in public places, but keeps them on a lead, is to deal with owners whose dogs just run up, they are the ones who need to have control of their dogs, you should never allow an off lead dog approach those on lead. I would fully support all dogs on lead in public areas, and as an extra backup muzzles too. Nothing wrong with them, they give everone peace of mind and you keep everyone safe. Also I'd like to point out that just because a dog does attack another dog, hoever serious or not, this absolutely does NOT mean that they are human agressive, and if you think this then you need to learn some basic dog psycology. Finally, the owners absolutely should not have left without any assistance and should come forward, although their thoughts at the time were probably to remove their dogs from the situation before any further esculation Get well soon ollie[/p][/quote]I find I can let my dog run off lead without any problems if we're on Hove Lawns or in St Anne's Well Park. However it's a completely different story in, say, Wild Park. Make of that what you will. ;-) KarenT
  • Score: 1

9:01pm Sat 12 Apr 14

musesboy says...

Two dogs on leads attack another dog causing serious injuries. Why is anyone trying to defend the owners of those dogs? "their thoughts at the time were probably to remove their dogs from the situation before any further esculation". Rubbish, they left because they'd allowed their dogs to savage another dog and were getting out before any action was taken against them (if what's been reported is true)

Some people shouldn't have dogs.
Two dogs on leads attack another dog causing serious injuries. Why is anyone trying to defend the owners of those dogs? "their thoughts at the time were probably to remove their dogs from the situation before any further esculation". Rubbish, they left because they'd allowed their dogs to savage another dog and were getting out before any action was taken against them (if what's been reported is true) Some people shouldn't have dogs. musesboy
  • Score: 8

5:19pm Sun 13 Apr 14

Mr chock says...

zamora wrote:
rogerthefish wrote:
Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.
How did you come to the conclusion form this article that the dog owners were from a council estate?
its dog eat dog.. .. but my comment is this ....................
..........if the attack had lasted about 5 minutes it would have taken me about 10 seconds to get out my camera phone and taken some photos .
am i right.. ?
i have seen plenty of youtube clips of random attacks Acer Hornsbury with friend Caludia Holdsworth next time think FAST take photographic evidence and then call 999 or 101 .. remember a dog will always be a dog
[quote][p][bold]zamora[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rogerthefish[/bold] wrote: Sorry when are we going to ban pit bulls or other aggressive dogs ? it seems them and there council estate owners need putting down.[/p][/quote]How did you come to the conclusion form this article that the dog owners were from a council estate?[/p][/quote]its dog eat dog.. .. but my comment is this .................... ..........if the attack had lasted about 5 minutes it would have taken me about 10 seconds to get out my camera phone and taken some photos . am i right.. ? i have seen plenty of youtube clips of random attacks Acer Hornsbury with friend Caludia Holdsworth next time think FAST take photographic evidence and then call 999 or 101 .. remember a dog will always be a dog Mr chock
  • Score: 0

6:16pm Sun 13 Apr 14

Terry K says...

Looks like i had my comments removed, just shows you that some dog lovers do not like free speech, and like i said earlier you cannot reason with these people, strict enforcement is the only way to stop dog attacks on our streets.
Looks like i had my comments removed, just shows you that some dog lovers do not like free speech, and like i said earlier you cannot reason with these people, strict enforcement is the only way to stop dog attacks on our streets. Terry K
  • Score: -1

6:37pm Sun 13 Apr 14

Levent says...

WHEN ARE YOU MORONIC BRAIN-DEAD DOG OWNERS GOING TO START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DOGS??

I GO TO A PARK EVERYDAY AND I NEVER SEE ANY OF YOU CLEAR UP AFTER YOUR DOGS, NOR DO I SEE ANY DOG UNDER CONTROL!!

YOU ARE VERMIN!!
WHEN ARE YOU MORONIC BRAIN-DEAD DOG OWNERS GOING TO START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DOGS?? I GO TO A PARK EVERYDAY AND I NEVER SEE ANY OF YOU CLEAR UP AFTER YOUR DOGS, NOR DO I SEE ANY DOG UNDER CONTROL!! YOU ARE VERMIN!! Levent
  • Score: -1

6:57pm Sun 13 Apr 14

KarenT says...

Funny - I had a few of my comments removed too! Ironic. The ones where I merely 'imply' that the Staffy owners were council estate folk (PDSA, Croydon facelift, etc), were removed, yet when I'm direct and call a spade a spade ('skuz', etc), those posts remain! Go figure...
Funny - I had a few of my comments removed too! Ironic. The ones where I merely 'imply' that the Staffy owners were council estate folk (PDSA, Croydon facelift, etc), were removed, yet when I'm direct and call a spade a spade ('skuz', etc), those posts remain! Go figure... KarenT
  • Score: -3

6:57pm Sun 13 Apr 14

KarenT says...

Funny - I had a few of my comments removed too! Ironic. The ones where I merely 'imply' that the Staffy owners were council estate folk (PDSA, Croydon facelift, etc), were removed, yet when I'm direct and call a spade a spade ('skuz', etc), those posts remain! Go figure...
Funny - I had a few of my comments removed too! Ironic. The ones where I merely 'imply' that the Staffy owners were council estate folk (PDSA, Croydon facelift, etc), were removed, yet when I'm direct and call a spade a spade ('skuz', etc), those posts remain! Go figure... KarenT
  • Score: -3

6:59pm Sun 13 Apr 14

KarenT says...

Didn't post that twice - don't know why it appeared twice! That's now "skuz" appearing THREE times in one thread! :D
Didn't post that twice - don't know why it appeared twice! That's now "skuz" appearing THREE times in one thread! :D KarenT
  • Score: -1

7:37pm Sun 13 Apr 14

DCCCCCC says...

Levent wrote:
WHEN ARE YOU MORONIC BRAIN-DEAD DOG OWNERS GOING TO START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DOGS??

I GO TO A PARK EVERYDAY AND I NEVER SEE ANY OF YOU CLEAR UP AFTER YOUR DOGS, NOR DO I SEE ANY DOG UNDER CONTROL!!

YOU ARE VERMIN!!
You must have very poor vision, poor thing.
[quote][p][bold]Levent[/bold] wrote: WHEN ARE YOU MORONIC BRAIN-DEAD DOG OWNERS GOING TO START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DOGS?? I GO TO A PARK EVERYDAY AND I NEVER SEE ANY OF YOU CLEAR UP AFTER YOUR DOGS, NOR DO I SEE ANY DOG UNDER CONTROL!! YOU ARE VERMIN!![/p][/quote]You must have very poor vision, poor thing. DCCCCCC
  • Score: 2

7:47am Mon 14 Apr 14

Juleyanne says...

Let's not forget, the vast majority of dog owners are responsible and it is the minority that let us all down, as it is, in many areas in life!
Let's not forget, the vast majority of dog owners are responsible and it is the minority that let us all down, as it is, in many areas in life! Juleyanne
  • Score: 4

9:24am Mon 14 Apr 14

Terry K says...

Juleyanne wrote:
Let's not forget, the vast majority of dog owners are responsible and it is the minority that let us all down, as it is, in many areas in life!
Not exactly true, most take dogs for walks with no muzzles fitted, that's irresponsible for starters.
[quote][p][bold]Juleyanne[/bold] wrote: Let's not forget, the vast majority of dog owners are responsible and it is the minority that let us all down, as it is, in many areas in life![/p][/quote]Not exactly true, most take dogs for walks with no muzzles fitted, that's irresponsible for starters. Terry K
  • Score: -4

10:31am Mon 14 Apr 14

Terry K says...

A lot of thought must have went into this young man's name, "oh i know let's name him after our laptop, Acer, yes that's a good name" lol.
A lot of thought must have went into this young man's name, "oh i know let's name him after our laptop, Acer, yes that's a good name" lol. Terry K
  • Score: -1

12:08pm Mon 14 Apr 14

TheDrive says...

Dogs and their owners are such a nuisance around town and especially around the beaches. Sick of me and my kids constantly getting hassled or barked at by people's dogs not on leads. Go somewhere else with them where other people aren't around.
Dogs and their owners are such a nuisance around town and especially around the beaches. Sick of me and my kids constantly getting hassled or barked at by people's dogs not on leads. Go somewhere else with them where other people aren't around. TheDrive
  • Score: 2

4:42pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Fairfax Aches says...

About time these ilegal dog fighting breeds were banished, the ownurs where clearly using them for breeding and training for dog fights. Its a discrace they are allowed to train these dogs and enter them for illegal fights I bet they make a lot of money to. The council should at least tax the urnings of these dog fights and crulety to animuls is not justice to make money off of.
About time these ilegal dog fighting breeds were banished, the ownurs where clearly using them for breeding and training for dog fights. Its a discrace they are allowed to train these dogs and enter them for illegal fights I bet they make a lot of money to. The council should at least tax the urnings of these dog fights and crulety to animuls is not justice to make money off of. Fairfax Aches
  • Score: -2

8:45pm Mon 14 Apr 14

KarenT says...

Levent wrote:
WHEN ARE YOU MORONIC BRAIN-DEAD DOG OWNERS GOING TO START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DOGS??

I GO TO A PARK EVERYDAY AND I NEVER SEE ANY OF YOU CLEAR UP AFTER YOUR DOGS, NOR DO I SEE ANY DOG UNDER CONTROL!!

YOU ARE VERMIN!!
I have yet to see anyone NOT pick up after their dog or have an 'out of control' dog. The only proof of not picking up poop I ever see is the 'aftermath' the morning after. It's NOT about dogs, or dog-owners... it's about SKUZ. They don't pick up after their dogs or train them to behave in public. Just like they throw their rubbish in the street or on the pavement instead of waiting until they get to a public bin, for example (plenty more). I would change the park I go walking in if I were you (Wild Park or the race track by Whitehawk perhaps???). You clearly only surround yourself with skuzzy people, and only see the absolute worst of society. How utterly depressing.
[quote][p][bold]Levent[/bold] wrote: WHEN ARE YOU MORONIC BRAIN-DEAD DOG OWNERS GOING TO START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DOGS?? I GO TO A PARK EVERYDAY AND I NEVER SEE ANY OF YOU CLEAR UP AFTER YOUR DOGS, NOR DO I SEE ANY DOG UNDER CONTROL!! YOU ARE VERMIN!![/p][/quote]I have yet to see anyone NOT pick up after their dog or have an 'out of control' dog. The only proof of not picking up poop I ever see is the 'aftermath' the morning after. It's NOT about dogs, or dog-owners... it's about SKUZ. They don't pick up after their dogs or train them to behave in public. Just like they throw their rubbish in the street or on the pavement instead of waiting until they get to a public bin, for example (plenty more). I would change the park I go walking in if I were you (Wild Park or the race track by Whitehawk perhaps???). You clearly only surround yourself with skuzzy people, and only see the absolute worst of society. How utterly depressing. KarenT
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree