Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Firefighters tackling chemical spill in city centre car park
Updated 11:04am Friday 11th April 2014 in News
Firefighters have now left a chemical leak in a public car park.
Fire crews were called to the spill in The Lanes Car Park in Black Lion Street, Brighton, at just after 9.15am this morning.
The substance was initially thought to be chlorine but was later discovered to be heavily-diluted sodium hydroxide, more commonly known as caustic soda, in the car park beneath the Thistle Hotel.
Fire crews left the scene at 10am after clearing up the spill.
- Suicide bomber's brother tells Muslims not to fight in Syria
- Brighton-based vegan food company forced to recall dairy desserts
- Sea is warmest it has been for 15 years
- Our Dora was ‘talent with a huge heart’
- Inspectors slam school over level of teaching
Comments are closed on this article.