Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Firefighters tackling chemical spill in city centre car park
Updated 11:04am Friday 11th April 2014 in News
Firefighters have now left a chemical leak in a public car park.
Fire crews were called to the spill in The Lanes Car Park in Black Lion Street, Brighton, at just after 9.15am this morning.
The substance was initially thought to be chlorine but was later discovered to be heavily-diluted sodium hydroxide, more commonly known as caustic soda, in the car park beneath the Thistle Hotel.
Fire crews left the scene at 10am after clearing up the spill.
- £7.5m worth of drugs seized on yacht
- Mum died after taking diet pills
- Vandals throw paint mixed with excrement over door
- Man gets head stuck in window after locking himself out
- Drugged driver smashes into another motorist on the wrong side of the road
Comments are closed on this article.