Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Firefighters tackling chemical spill in city centre car park
Updated 11:04am Friday 11th April 2014 in News
Firefighters have now left a chemical leak in a public car park.
Fire crews were called to the spill in The Lanes Car Park in Black Lion Street, Brighton, at just after 9.15am this morning.
The substance was initially thought to be chlorine but was later discovered to be heavily-diluted sodium hydroxide, more commonly known as caustic soda, in the car park beneath the Thistle Hotel.
Fire crews left the scene at 10am after clearing up the spill.
- Inferno which severely damaged flat started accidentally
- Calls for pub to be closed after series of offences
- Spilt party drug at Brighton police station causes major alert
- Fire fighters kept busy by string of arson attacks
- Rumpus councillor is still working for Green Party MEP
Comments are closed on this article.