Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Oil lamp causes Brighton fire
8:50am Saturday 12th April 2014 in News
A faulty oil lamp sparked a fire in a bedroom.
Firefighters were called to a building in London Road, Brighton, shortly after midnight on Saturday following reports of smoke coming from the second floor room.
The fire was contained to the bedroom but other parts of the building, which was converted into flats, suffered smoke damage.
Nobody was injured in the incident.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service warned people to double check any lamps or other heating equipment to make sure they were safe.
- Dora Bryan funeral date set
- Gatwick £250m pledge dismissed as “small bribes”
- Shake-up of hospital services made permanent
- Clean-up operation underway after 'intense' south coast storm
- Huge incinerator given planning permission in Sussex
Comments are closed on this article.