A week of events highlighting the benefits of using public transport will begin next week.
The Catch the Bus Week 2014 runs from April 28 to May 4.
Brighton and Hove Buses, alongside sustainable travel group Greener Journeys and another 100 bus companies, passenger groups and local authorities across the county will be coming together to promote the use of buses and public transport to try to get people out of their cars.
Brighton Kemptown MP Simon Kirby will be doing his part starting tomorrow with a number of “bus surgeries” across the constituency.
The surgeries will take place at
- Brighton Pier, Madeira Drive from 10-10.15am
- Brighton Marina Asda car park from 10.30-10.45am
- East Brighton Crew Club car park from 11-11.15am
- Rottingdean White Horse car park from 11.30-11.45am
- Telscombe Cliffs South Coast Road from 12-12.15pm
- Peacehaven Meridian Centre car park from 12.30-12.45pm
- Saltdean Lido car park from 1-1.15pm
- Woodingdean Community Centre car park from 1.30-1.45pm
- Bevendean Leisure Centre car park from 2.30-3pm.
Martin Harris, managing director at Brighton and Hove Bus Company, said: “We welcome any national initiatives like this one that help us raise awareness of how good bus travel can be.”
People who buy M tickets on smartphones will also be able to get discounted tickets.