A car crashed through the fence of a back garden following a late-night crash.
The Vauxhall Corsa was travelling along the A27 in Lancing in a 40mph zone near Manor Road when it veered off the road and smashed through a fence and coming to rest in the back garden.
Firefighters had to cut free the man from the car and he was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton suffering from head injuries.
The incident happened at just after 10.50pm last night.
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said it was not though that his injuries were life threatening.
The spokeswoman added: “The car crashed through a local resident’s fence coming to resident in the rear garden.
“The driver was cut from the vehicle by the fire brigade and taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital to be treated for a head injury.”
Did you see what happened or are you the owner of the house? Then call firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 544530.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over