Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
100 up for long-living family member
Updated 12:52pm Thursday 1st May 2014 in News
This family seems to have cracked the secret of old age as one sibling celebrates her 100th birthday.
Irene Curtis, who lives in Lindfield, is the second in her family to reach the milestone, one year behind brother John.
With sisters Doris Watkin, 98, and Mary Radford, 89, the family of four siblings has a combined age of 388.
Irene’s nephew Peter, 69, said the family was very close-knit.
He added: “They have all had a very hard working life.
“The good thing about them is they are very human and terrific company to be in.”
There is clearly something in the genes and Mr Curtis said his grandfather lived until 93.
Nearly 50 family members and friends are expected to celebrate at Irene’s birthday bash later in the month.
Mr Curtis said: “Irene never had children but throughout her life her nieces and nephews have been very close to her.
“She is a lovely lady.”
- Inferno which severely damaged flat started accidentally
- Calls for pub to be closed after series of offences
- Spilt party drug at Brighton police station causes major alert
- Fire fighters kept busy by string of arson attacks
- Rumpus councillor is still working for Green Party MEP
Comments are closed on this article.