Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls has told business owners in Crawley that Labour is “all about standing up for working people”.
The MP visited the Borers Industrial Estate in Crawley yesterday morning before meeting party members, voters and independent business owners in Northgate Parade in the afternoon.
The campaign day marked the launch of Labour’s EU and local election campaigns.
He said: “People have listened to David Cameron and George Osborne saying their policies are working and most people are saying it’s not working for me.
“We’ve seen parents whose energy bills are going up, wages that can’t keep up with the cost of living and they’re asking us can you show that you can sort out that cost of living crisis.
“People do ask ‘are they on my side?’ and I don’t think people believe the Conservatives stand up for working people. That’s what Labour is all about.”
- Man suffers burn injuries after blaze at Brighton garage
- First step in £35million scheme for Corn Exchange and Studio Theatre
- Guns and machete found in pond by dog
- Pain cured on a limb and a prayer
- Trying to tackle loneliness