A football club executive has been selected to stand for a suburban ward in next year’s local elections.
Mr Perry will be joined by voluntary sector worker Nigel Jenner and freelance journalist Chris Henry, who is currently working for Labour candidate Peter Kyle’s campaign for Hove at next year’s general election.
Mr Perry said: "I am delighted to have been selected to represent the people of Hangleton and Knoll and they will be my top priority.
“I will be working hard with the other Labour candidates, the Labour Parliamentary Candidate, and the Labour Group to ensure that after the election in May 2015, the ward is well represented by three Labour councillors and a Labour Member of Parliament. “
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week