Choir members will certainly need their daily bread if they are to achieve a lung-bursting challenge.
Members of St Luke’s Church in the Queens Park area Brighton are doing a 24 hour hymnathon to raise funds for new community project.
The sponsored hymnathon tomorrow will attempt to sing all 636 Hymns in the Ancient and Modern Hymn book in 24 hours.
Starting at 8am in the morning members of the choir and members of the congregation will start singing and aim to continue throughout the night until all the hymns have been sung.
The money raised will go towards the redevelopment of the hall at the entrance of the church and provide a greatly improved space for use by community groups such as Line Dancing, Gentle Exercise for the Elderly and the children’s Crafty Cooks Club who meet at St Luke’s on regular basis.
The project will also provide redesigned modern kitchen and toilet facilities.
- MP's warning on new 'severe' terror alert
- Company given £15,000 fine for asbestos work
- Pensioner hit over the head with crowbar
- VIDEO: Thieves raid ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of wine for £20,000 of posh plonk
- CCTV: Duo wanted for glassing man at birthday party