Passers-by sprang into action after an elderly disabled man fell into a lake.
The incident happened shortly after 3.30pm yesterday at Brooklands Lake in Lancing.
It is believed the man had accidentally ridden his mobility scooter too close to the edge.
Members of the public at the scene are reported to have helped stop the man from going underwater until emergency services arrived.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service used a short extension ladder to help get the man out of the water and he was treated at the scene before being taken to Worthing Hospital.
Did you see what happened?
Email email@example.com or call 01273 544543
- Roadside tributes to Paradise Park worker
- Fresh family appeal to help solve Sussex Police's biggest murder investigation for 15 years
- Police shut down rave in industrial unit
- Investigation launched into historic seafront baths fire
- Teenagers driven home by police after pick-up parent arrested for drink-driving