Passers-by sprang into action after an elderly disabled man fell into a lake.
The incident happened shortly after 3.30pm yesterday at Brooklands Lake in Lancing.
It is believed the man had accidentally ridden his mobility scooter too close to the edge.
Members of the public at the scene are reported to have helped stop the man from going underwater until emergency services arrived.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service used a short extension ladder to help get the man out of the water and he was treated at the scene before being taken to Worthing Hospital.
Did you see what happened?
Email email@example.com or call 01273 544543
- Traffic chaos as city grinds to a halt
- Chef stands up for cannabis users in court
- New contract for threatened ferry
- Poker ace is flush as his winnings top £1m mark
- Readers' donations pour in for Ashanti