Passers-by sprang into action after an elderly disabled man fell into a lake.
The incident happened shortly after 3.30pm yesterday at Brooklands Lake in Lancing.
It is believed the man had accidentally ridden his mobility scooter too close to the edge.
Members of the public at the scene are reported to have helped stop the man from going underwater until emergency services arrived.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service used a short extension ladder to help get the man out of the water and he was treated at the scene before being taken to Worthing Hospital.
Did you see what happened?
Email email@example.com or call 01273 544543
- Thousands stolen from church minister in theft at Hove supermarket
- Woman, 35, found with a fractured skull in street
- Zoo accidentally kills birds with rat poison
- Man found in flat with stab wounds
- UPDATED: Lorry driver charged after failing breath test for drink driving