Passers-by sprang into action after an elderly disabled man fell into a lake.
The incident happened shortly after 3.30pm yesterday at Brooklands Lake in Lancing.
It is believed the man had accidentally ridden his mobility scooter too close to the edge.
Members of the public at the scene are reported to have helped stop the man from going underwater until emergency services arrived.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service used a short extension ladder to help get the man out of the water and he was treated at the scene before being taken to Worthing Hospital.
Did you see what happened?
Email email@example.com or call 01273 544543
- Search launched after suspected human bones found by fisherman next to pond
- Technology firm sold to Facebook for $10m
- Residents face £21k bill to repair council-owned block of flats
- Children’s centres cuts ‘will harm school work’
- Nominate a group to see the Seagulls in action