Passers-by sprang into action after an elderly disabled man fell into a lake.
The incident happened shortly after 3.30pm yesterday at Brooklands Lake in Lancing.
It is believed the man had accidentally ridden his mobility scooter too close to the edge.
Members of the public at the scene are reported to have helped stop the man from going underwater until emergency services arrived.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service used a short extension ladder to help get the man out of the water and he was treated at the scene before being taken to Worthing Hospital.
Did you see what happened?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 544543
- Five deaths at one Brighton hospital unit revealed as treatment deemed not fit for purpose
- Pressure mounts on councillors to reject application for Brighton Wheel to stay but officers say it can remain
- Half a dozen wires discovered spanning cycle tracks through Coldean Woods
- Broken fire hydrant sends spectacular geyser of water over passing motorists
- Can you help find student Chay Dunn who has not been seen for ten days?