Passers-by sprang into action after an elderly disabled man fell into a lake.
The incident happened shortly after 3.30pm yesterday at Brooklands Lake in Lancing.
It is believed the man had accidentally ridden his mobility scooter too close to the edge.
Members of the public at the scene are reported to have helped stop the man from going underwater until emergency services arrived.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service used a short extension ladder to help get the man out of the water and he was treated at the scene before being taken to Worthing Hospital.
Did you see what happened?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 544543
- School sports day cancelled due to hot weather
- Four Sussex restaurants make industry's top 100
- Police discover more than £150,000 worth of drugs while investigating burglary
- Wolves fan jailed and four others sentenced after fight following match against Albion
- Can you help find two boys, 12 and 13, who have gone missing?