Passers-by sprang into action after an elderly disabled man fell into a lake.
The incident happened shortly after 3.30pm yesterday at Brooklands Lake in Lancing.
It is believed the man had accidentally ridden his mobility scooter too close to the edge.
Members of the public at the scene are reported to have helped stop the man from going underwater until emergency services arrived.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service used a short extension ladder to help get the man out of the water and he was treated at the scene before being taken to Worthing Hospital.
Did you see what happened?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 544543
- UPDATED: Man arrested on attempted murder charge after woman stabbed multiple times in Brighton
- Manhunt launched after teenager stabbed multiple times manages to escape her attacker on a nearby bus
- Three men and three boys face court on child sexual exploitation charges
- Spate of dog deaths after owners walked their animals in city parks
- Vulnerable Brighton schoolgirl forced into prostitution after running away from home