Passers-by sprang into action after an elderly disabled man fell into a lake.
The incident happened shortly after 3.30pm yesterday at Brooklands Lake in Lancing.
It is believed the man had accidentally ridden his mobility scooter too close to the edge.
Members of the public at the scene are reported to have helped stop the man from going underwater until emergency services arrived.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service used a short extension ladder to help get the man out of the water and he was treated at the scene before being taken to Worthing Hospital.
Did you see what happened?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 544543
- Council housing chief in £18 million police fraud investigation is sacked from £82,000-a-year post
- Decision on roll out of 20mph speed limits deferred after report criticized as "not clear"
- Man arrested on suspicion of affray following five hour police siege in Burgess Hill
- Men jailed for racist and homophobic attacks
- Fraudsters posing as police wanted over series of scams on pensioners