Passers-by sprang into action after an elderly disabled man fell into a lake.
The incident happened shortly after 3.30pm yesterday at Brooklands Lake in Lancing.
It is believed the man had accidentally ridden his mobility scooter too close to the edge.
Members of the public at the scene are reported to have helped stop the man from going underwater until emergency services arrived.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service used a short extension ladder to help get the man out of the water and he was treated at the scene before being taken to Worthing Hospital.
Did you see what happened?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 544543
- Drugged thug jailed for ten years for attack where victim thought he would die
- Hunt launched to find man accused of stabbing on Brighton seafront
- Teenager taken to hospital after being repeatedly kicked in the head by yobs
- Re-submission of Albion hotel plans on hold after radiotherapy centre setback
- Pier owner wants to add more colour to attraction