Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Disabled man rescued after falling into lake
Updated 11:10am Tuesday 13th May 2014 in News
Passers-by sprang into action after an elderly disabled man fell into a lake.
The incident happened shortly after 3.30pm yesterday at Brooklands Lake in Lancing.
It is believed the man had accidentally ridden his mobility scooter too close to the edge.
Members of the public at the scene are reported to have helped stop the man from going underwater until emergency services arrived.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service used a short extension ladder to help get the man out of the water and he was treated at the scene before being taken to Worthing Hospital.
Did you see what happened?
Email email@example.com or call 01273 544543
- Seven months of misery - Brighton seafront roadworks delayed again
- Travellers arrive in West Worthing
- Revealed: Sussex is costly for students
- Man, 62, arrested after leg-stroking sexual assaults on bus journeys
- Council warns eateries which served ‘fake cod’
Comments are closed on this article.