Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was glassed during a night out in Brighton.
The 31-year-old from Croydon had been out with friends but was walking in Upper Gloucester Road towards Brighton railway station to get a train home when he was attacked by two men.
The victim was taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton where he was treated for a deep gash to the head and other cuts to his face, head and neck.
PC Leonie White said: "We believe the attackers had argued with the victim earlier and followed him before glassing him in the back of the head outside Maccheroni at the junction of Upper Gloucester Road and Queens Road.
"There will have been lots of people in the area at the time and I need to speak to anyone who saw any part of what happened."
The incident happened at around 9pm on May 4.
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 1476 of 3/5 or email email@example.com.
- Murderer who gunned down man in street after fleeing jail is on the run
- Cyclist seriously injured in Coast Road fall
- Motorbike passenger seriously injured in crash
- 238 homes planned for former public school site
- Single vehicle crash closes lane on A23