A woman has been arrested after climbing up scaffolding to a rooftop.
Police and firefighters were involved in a three hour stand-off as they attempted to talk a woman down from scaffolding.
Sussex Police were first called to a woman in St George’s Road in Brighton at 6am this morning who was causing a nuisance in the neighbourhood.
After about five hours she then climbed out on to scaffolding from the house.
The road around Crescent Place and College Road was shut down while the woman is rescued.
A woman was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an immitation firearm and public order offences at about 1pm.
Any witnesses are asked to contact police on 101 quoting serial 173 15/5.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATE: Woman dies after car crashes into tree - A27 closed both ways near Arundel
- Hundreds of parents and children take part in Brighton SATS strike
- It's full steam ahead for Albion's £170 million game
- 'NHS trust failed' man accused of motorist knife murder
- RAF station commander leads tributes to pilots killed in light aircraft crash