A woman has been arrested after climbing up scaffolding to a rooftop.
Police and firefighters were involved in a three hour stand-off as they attempted to talk a woman down from scaffolding.
Sussex Police were first called to a woman in St George’s Road in Brighton at 6am this morning who was causing a nuisance in the neighbourhood.
After about five hours she then climbed out on to scaffolding from the house.
The road around Crescent Place and College Road was shut down while the woman is rescued.
A woman was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an immitation firearm and public order offences at about 1pm.
Any witnesses are asked to contact police on 101 quoting serial 173 15/5.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist leaves hospital with broken ribs after crash with van after swerving to avoid another
- Scam gang conned elderly out of £250k
- Ten things to do in Sussex this weekend
- UPDATE: Pair of "soulmates" and friend still fighting for lives after late night crash
- Builders divert Victorian sewer pipe under i360 site