A woman has been arrested after climbing up scaffolding to a rooftop.
Police and firefighters were involved in a three hour stand-off as they attempted to talk a woman down from scaffolding.
Sussex Police were first called to a woman in St George’s Road in Brighton at 6am this morning who was causing a nuisance in the neighbourhood.
After about five hours she then climbed out on to scaffolding from the house.
The road around Crescent Place and College Road was shut down while the woman is rescued.
A woman was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an immitation firearm and public order offences at about 1pm.
Any witnesses are asked to contact police on 101 quoting serial 173 15/5.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Toyota Yaris driver who crashed with Jaguar on road outside Brighton dies of her injuries
- Man tries to lure school boy, 12, into car and other students have been targeted too
- Parking loophole allows parent to avoid fines by pulling up on a green
- £4m birthing centre will be a ‘home from home’
- Pensioner arrested for attempted murder of 43-year-old woman found with critical stab wounds