Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Update: Emergency crews rescuing woman from scaffolding
Updated 2:35pm Thursday 15th May 2014 in News
A woman has been arrested after climbing up scaffolding to a rooftop.
Police and firefighters were involved in a three hour stand-off as they attempted to talk a woman down from scaffolding.
Sussex Police were first called to a woman in St George’s Road in Brighton at 6am this morning who was causing a nuisance in the neighbourhood.
After about five hours she then climbed out on to scaffolding from the house.
The road around Crescent Place and College Road was shut down while the woman is rescued.
A woman was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an immitation firearm and public order offences at about 1pm.
Any witnesses are asked to contact police on 101 quoting serial 173 15/5.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Mother facing jail for neglect after being found drunk at 11.30am
- Hundreds of jobs at risk after supermarket chain pulls out of development
- Travellers arrive at Black Rock in Brighton
- Sussex Hospitals prepare for rise in patients due to heatwave
- Sussex coast Wind farm plans ‘harmful to birds and environment’
Comments are closed on this article.