A woman has been arrested after climbing up scaffolding to a rooftop.
Police and firefighters were involved in a three hour stand-off as they attempted to talk a woman down from scaffolding.
Sussex Police were first called to a woman in St George’s Road in Brighton at 6am this morning who was causing a nuisance in the neighbourhood.
After about five hours she then climbed out on to scaffolding from the house.
The road around Crescent Place and College Road was shut down while the woman is rescued.
A woman was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an immitation firearm and public order offences at about 1pm.
Any witnesses are asked to contact police on 101 quoting serial 173 15/5.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Family confirm grandparents died in the Tunisia shootings
- Detectives investigating claims of historic sex abuse at boarding school
- Commuters warned to expect further delays after evening of heat related speed restrictions
- Violent offender walks out Ford Prison, attacks man, goes back to jail and says 'I was in the library'
- A former GI leaves donation to uni in city that he loved