A woman has been arrested after climbing up scaffolding to a rooftop.
Police and firefighters were involved in a three hour stand-off as they attempted to talk a woman down from scaffolding.
Sussex Police were first called to a woman in St George’s Road in Brighton at 6am this morning who was causing a nuisance in the neighbourhood.
After about five hours she then climbed out on to scaffolding from the house.
The road around Crescent Place and College Road was shut down while the woman is rescued.
A woman was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an immitation firearm and public order offences at about 1pm.
Any witnesses are asked to contact police on 101 quoting serial 173 15/5.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Detectives investigating the murder of Mark Manning search Worthing lake and park
- TV presenter Dan Hill lauded as Britain’s most indulgent parent but mother of his two other children claims he owes her thousands
- Residents noise complaints about Brighton's Open Market force stallholders to shelve 7am opening time
- Brighton and Hove City Council accused of laying down a "welcome mat" for travellers
- The changing room thief caught after victim turns detective to track him down using iPhone app