A man has been fined for racially abusing an off-duty security guard who could not give his friend any change.
Unemployed Allan Morris, of Fletcher Close in Hailsham, racially abused an Asian man walking in Terminus Road, Eastbourne, to catch a bus after he did not have any change to give to Morris's friend on April 17.
The 37-year-old pleaded guilty to an offence of racially aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress at Hastings Magistrates' Court on Wednesday and was fined £100 plus a £20 victim surcharge.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Four arrested after police chase ends with car crashing into Brighton shopfront
- Armed police officers patrolling Sussex stations
- New Mexican street food restaurant opens in Brighton
- UPDATED: Cyclist seriously injured after being hit by a car
- Sussex beaches hailed for four Blue Flags and seven Seaside Awards