A man has been fined for racially abusing an off-duty security guard who could not give his friend any change.
Unemployed Allan Morris, of Fletcher Close in Hailsham, racially abused an Asian man walking in Terminus Road, Eastbourne, to catch a bus after he did not have any change to give to Morris's friend on April 17.
The 37-year-old pleaded guilty to an offence of racially aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress at Hastings Magistrates' Court on Wednesday and was fined £100 plus a £20 victim surcharge.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Extension of free childcare offer in Brighton and Hove could fail because of "penny pinching" Government, councillor claims
- Success story for Brighton boys with £100 million contract
- Fines for school absence grow ten-fold since toughening up of rules
- Mr Blobby outfit completes year-long fancy dress challenge
- Lifting the lid on the rooms behind the doors of Something Street