Nurse manager Julia Reynolds got an injection of luck when she won a new car.
She collected the S-Cross SZ5 from Suzuki’s Maxmatt dealership in Hove after being nominated in the company’s Good Neighbour Give an S-Cross competition.
Entrants were not eligible to win a car themselves but could nominate via Facebook or Twitter a relative or friend they thought deserved to be given a car.
Ms Reynolds was nominated by close family friend Adrian Cowdry, who had been suffering from a serious illness.
Mr Cowdry pulled through thanks to Ms Reynolds’ medical instinct and close supervision during his time in hospital.
She said: “My family and I are really very grateful to Adrian for nominating me to win this fantastic new car.
“I’m glad I was in the right place at the right time to help him when he was so ill.
“We all look forward to driving our new S-Cross very much.”
The competition, which is giving away five cars, had more than 36,000 entries on Facebook and 6,500 on Twitter.
- All hail the return of the Palace to our Pier's name
- District judge and his former lover facing jail for stealing £1 million from clients
- Revealed: Teenager used cash made on fake Bestival tickets to fund lavish lifestyle
- Developers claim £45m Aquarena tower will not be second homes’
- Barrage of criticism over police tax plans