Nurse manager Julia Reynolds got an injection of luck when she won a new car.
She collected the S-Cross SZ5 from Suzuki’s Maxmatt dealership in Hove after being nominated in the company’s Good Neighbour Give an S-Cross competition.
Entrants were not eligible to win a car themselves but could nominate via Facebook or Twitter a relative or friend they thought deserved to be given a car.
Ms Reynolds was nominated by close family friend Adrian Cowdry, who had been suffering from a serious illness.
Mr Cowdry pulled through thanks to Ms Reynolds’ medical instinct and close supervision during his time in hospital.
She said: “My family and I are really very grateful to Adrian for nominating me to win this fantastic new car.
“I’m glad I was in the right place at the right time to help him when he was so ill.
“We all look forward to driving our new S-Cross very much.”
The competition, which is giving away five cars, had more than 36,000 entries on Facebook and 6,500 on Twitter.
- Student admits Gatwick Airport flight bomb hoax
- School say it will be "business as usual" while investigation into controversial headteacher James Fox is carried out
- “Unskilled” bin lorry divers will work to rule after one day strike in dispute over their pay grade
- Get the sun cream ready... temperatures set to rise as warm weather hits the south coast
- Can Brighton's Jessica Mason do an-oeuf to beat the Scotch egg professionals?