The ArgusPolice raid home of Saltdean teenager killed in Syria (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Police raid home of Saltdean teenager killed in Syria

The Argus: Abubaker Deghayes speaking outside his home last month Abubaker Deghayes speaking outside his home last month

Police officers are raiding the home of a teenager killed in Syria.

Officers from Sussex Police and Thames Valley Police have raided the family home of former Longhill High School pupil Abdullah Deghayes this morning.

His father Abubaker Deghayes contacted The Argus this morning to say officers had tried to knock down his front door in Arundel Drive East in Saltdean at 7am this morning.

He said officers told him they were looking for "extremist material" and were searching through mobile phones, computers and financial records.

Sussex Police said that the home was one of four that were being raided in the Brighton and Hove area after search warrants were issued under the Terrorism Act 2000.

Chief Superintendent Nev Kemp, Brighton and Hove Divisional Commander, said; "This is a necessary part of our continuing work to safeguard communities locally and nationally, including those who have links to Syria.

"Every step is being taken to ensure the operation is carried out sensitively, thoroughly and professionally. We understand what a distressing time this is for the family and we do not want to cause further distress to them.

"It is an important, for strong operational reasons, that we carry out these searches as part of our ongoing enquiries into events in Syria.

"We are carrying out the searches as quickly and sensitively as possible."

For more details, see tomorrow's Argus.

 

 

 

See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map

 

Comments (47)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:52am Tue 20 May 14

Mr chock says...

wow this is the way the "policing agencies work " ? ok so i guess this was where the chap lived but really did they not just think to go and knock on the door politely ?
wow this is the way the "policing agencies work " ? ok so i guess this was where the chap lived but really did they not just think to go and knock on the door politely ? Mr chock
  • Score: -57

11:55am Tue 20 May 14

paul76 says...

Mr chock wrote:
wow this is the way the "policing agencies work " ? ok so i guess this was where the chap lived but really did they not just think to go and knock on the door politely ?
I think you will find it is called the element of surprise. Prevents any potential evidence being destroyed while the police are stalled at the front door.
[quote][p][bold]Mr chock[/bold] wrote: wow this is the way the "policing agencies work " ? ok so i guess this was where the chap lived but really did they not just think to go and knock on the door politely ?[/p][/quote]I think you will find it is called the element of surprise. Prevents any potential evidence being destroyed while the police are stalled at the front door. paul76
  • Score: 72

11:57am Tue 20 May 14

homewood says...

Why did the police not do this weeks ago. Since odd to wait for so long before raiding the property. I suspect any incriminating evidence has long been removed.
Why did the police not do this weeks ago. Since odd to wait for so long before raiding the property. I suspect any incriminating evidence has long been removed. homewood
  • Score: 40

12:58pm Tue 20 May 14

Mr chock says...

paul76 wrote:
Mr chock wrote:
wow this is the way the "policing agencies work " ? ok so i guess this was where the chap lived but really did they not just think to go and knock on the door politely ?
I think you will find it is called the element of surprise. Prevents any potential evidence being destroyed while the police are stalled at the front door.
"We are carrying out the searches as quickly and sensitively as possible." 23 April .. but the farther was worried about his son 20 April apparently killed 23 April i am not sure what type of evidence " "It is an important, for strong operational reasons, that we carry out these searches as part of our ongoing enquiries into events in Syria. " but Syria is that really something the English police forces are getting involved with . The war on terror is a thinly spread danger but lets just look at the facts the 18 year old went out there to Syria and his brother also went .. they were apparently fighting the Assad is that anything to worry about in the UK ?
[quote][p][bold]paul76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr chock[/bold] wrote: wow this is the way the "policing agencies work " ? ok so i guess this was where the chap lived but really did they not just think to go and knock on the door politely ?[/p][/quote]I think you will find it is called the element of surprise. Prevents any potential evidence being destroyed while the police are stalled at the front door.[/p][/quote]"We are carrying out the searches as quickly and sensitively as possible." 23 April .. but the farther was worried about his son 20 April apparently killed 23 April i am not sure what type of evidence " "It is an important, for strong operational reasons, that we carry out these searches as part of our ongoing enquiries into events in Syria. " but Syria is that really something the English police forces are getting involved with . The war on terror is a thinly spread danger but lets just look at the facts the 18 year old went out there to Syria and his brother also went .. they were apparently fighting the Assad is that anything to worry about in the UK ? Mr chock
  • Score: -28

4:04pm Tue 20 May 14

clubrob6 says...

paul76 wrote:
Mr chock wrote:
wow this is the way the "policing agencies work " ? ok so i guess this was where the chap lived but really did they not just think to go and knock on the door politely ?
I think you will find it is called the element of surprise. Prevents any potential evidence being destroyed while the police are stalled at the front door.
I think the element of surprise passed weeks ago when this case came to light,the father was covering himself by saying he did not give his blessing to his children going to fight.Lets face it the youngest only 16 was a child so the very least social services should have went in straight away to check on the welfare of his remaining children.Any evidence could have been destroyed weeks ago.This father is sending his british born sons that should have had a bright long future in the UK to fight his battles,probably because he is too afraid to do it himself.It would be interesting to know why he ended up in the UK.
[quote][p][bold]paul76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr chock[/bold] wrote: wow this is the way the "policing agencies work " ? ok so i guess this was where the chap lived but really did they not just think to go and knock on the door politely ?[/p][/quote]I think you will find it is called the element of surprise. Prevents any potential evidence being destroyed while the police are stalled at the front door.[/p][/quote]I think the element of surprise passed weeks ago when this case came to light,the father was covering himself by saying he did not give his blessing to his children going to fight.Lets face it the youngest only 16 was a child so the very least social services should have went in straight away to check on the welfare of his remaining children.Any evidence could have been destroyed weeks ago.This father is sending his british born sons that should have had a bright long future in the UK to fight his battles,probably because he is too afraid to do it himself.It would be interesting to know why he ended up in the UK. clubrob6
  • Score: 9

4:08pm Tue 20 May 14

clubrob6 says...

homewood wrote:
Why did the police not do this weeks ago. Since odd to wait for so long before raiding the property. I suspect any incriminating evidence has long been removed.
Correct its what most people are saying,if nothing else social services should have went in immediately as he did send a 16 year old child to fight his battles.
[quote][p][bold]homewood[/bold] wrote: Why did the police not do this weeks ago. Since odd to wait for so long before raiding the property. I suspect any incriminating evidence has long been removed.[/p][/quote]Correct its what most people are saying,if nothing else social services should have went in immediately as he did send a 16 year old child to fight his battles. clubrob6
  • Score: 8

4:14pm Tue 20 May 14

clubrob6 says...

Mr chock wrote:
paul76 wrote:
Mr chock wrote:
wow this is the way the "policing agencies work " ? ok so i guess this was where the chap lived but really did they not just think to go and knock on the door politely ?
I think you will find it is called the element of surprise. Prevents any potential evidence being destroyed while the police are stalled at the front door.
"We are carrying out the searches as quickly and sensitively as possible." 23 April .. but the farther was worried about his son 20 April apparently killed 23 April i am not sure what type of evidence " "It is an important, for strong operational reasons, that we carry out these searches as part of our ongoing enquiries into events in Syria. " but Syria is that really something the English police forces are getting involved with . The war on terror is a thinly spread danger but lets just look at the facts the 18 year old went out there to Syria and his brother also went .. they were apparently fighting the Assad is that anything to worry about in the UK ?
You fail to mention that the father sent three british born sons one still a CHILD AT 16,the police have every right in my opinion have acted weeks too late.The father said his family is no threat to the UK,well I disagree it will only take something to unset this father for him to turn his family on us.The very fact this father sent his british born sons is a MASSIVE worry its not there battle they should have a bright future in the uk.I wonder why this father did not go and fight himself instead of sacrificing his 18 yr old son and sending a child.
[quote][p][bold]Mr chock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]paul76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr chock[/bold] wrote: wow this is the way the "policing agencies work " ? ok so i guess this was where the chap lived but really did they not just think to go and knock on the door politely ?[/p][/quote]I think you will find it is called the element of surprise. Prevents any potential evidence being destroyed while the police are stalled at the front door.[/p][/quote]"We are carrying out the searches as quickly and sensitively as possible." 23 April .. but the farther was worried about his son 20 April apparently killed 23 April i am not sure what type of evidence " "It is an important, for strong operational reasons, that we carry out these searches as part of our ongoing enquiries into events in Syria. " but Syria is that really something the English police forces are getting involved with . The war on terror is a thinly spread danger but lets just look at the facts the 18 year old went out there to Syria and his brother also went .. they were apparently fighting the Assad is that anything to worry about in the UK ?[/p][/quote]You fail to mention that the father sent three british born sons one still a CHILD AT 16,the police have every right in my opinion have acted weeks too late.The father said his family is no threat to the UK,well I disagree it will only take something to unset this father for him to turn his family on us.The very fact this father sent his british born sons is a MASSIVE worry its not there battle they should have a bright future in the uk.I wonder why this father did not go and fight himself instead of sacrificing his 18 yr old son and sending a child. clubrob6
  • Score: 13

4:28pm Tue 20 May 14

west hove says...

Usual bullsh*t from Clubrob. Where exactly does it say he 'sent' his sons in any of the articles on this? If you're so concerned about children I expect you're equally incensed by 17 year olds (legally children) joining the UK armed forces with their parents consent.
Usual bullsh*t from Clubrob. Where exactly does it say he 'sent' his sons in any of the articles on this? If you're so concerned about children I expect you're equally incensed by 17 year olds (legally children) joining the UK armed forces with their parents consent. west hove
  • Score: -9

4:38pm Tue 20 May 14

leftysmellbags says...

I think the best place to keep him and his family will be the immigration removal centre. - Thanks Labour for your open door policy.
I think the best place to keep him and his family will be the immigration removal centre. - Thanks Labour for your open door policy. leftysmellbags
  • Score: 16

4:46pm Tue 20 May 14

Zeta Function says...

He's culpable. The family's loyalties should be to Britain.

If the kids want to join an army and trained as soldiers there's the British Army.
He's culpable. The family's loyalties should be to Britain. If the kids want to join an army and trained as soldiers there's the British Army. Zeta Function
  • Score: 14

5:57pm Tue 20 May 14

welesmere says...

'Should have went' (x 2!) ...
'Should have went' (x 2!) ... welesmere
  • Score: 3

6:07pm Tue 20 May 14

ZeeGee, ffs says...

In a proper society, every one of his associates would be removed from the country.
In a proper society, every one of his associates would be removed from the country. ZeeGee, ffs
  • Score: 8

6:51pm Tue 20 May 14

clubrob6 says...

west hove wrote:
Usual bullsh*t from Clubrob. Where exactly does it say he 'sent' his sons in any of the articles on this? If you're so concerned about children I expect you're equally incensed by 17 year olds (legally children) joining the UK armed forces with their parents consent.
The father is covering himself by saying he did not give his blessing for his son's to go and fight in Syria.16 is STILL A CHILD so the very least it shows this man is a very poor father and social services should make sure his other children are being cared for.His son's were british born and should have had a bright future not going to fight there fathers wars because he is too scared to do it himself.I am actually concerned for this fathers children.
[quote][p][bold]west hove[/bold] wrote: Usual bullsh*t from Clubrob. Where exactly does it say he 'sent' his sons in any of the articles on this? If you're so concerned about children I expect you're equally incensed by 17 year olds (legally children) joining the UK armed forces with their parents consent.[/p][/quote]The father is covering himself by saying he did not give his blessing for his son's to go and fight in Syria.16 is STILL A CHILD so the very least it shows this man is a very poor father and social services should make sure his other children are being cared for.His son's were british born and should have had a bright future not going to fight there fathers wars because he is too scared to do it himself.I am actually concerned for this fathers children. clubrob6
  • Score: 13

6:56pm Tue 20 May 14

clubrob6 says...

ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
In a proper society, every one of his associates would be removed from the country.
Which is why we need to get out of the EU,this father knows all he has to say is he did not give his blessing and he is protected by EU human rights laws.The father is simply using his son's for a battle he is too scared off himself.If I lost a 18 yr old son I would be devastated this man looks proud that he is dead.
[quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: In a proper society, every one of his associates would be removed from the country.[/p][/quote]Which is why we need to get out of the EU,this father knows all he has to say is he did not give his blessing and he is protected by EU human rights laws.The father is simply using his son's for a battle he is too scared off himself.If I lost a 18 yr old son I would be devastated this man looks proud that he is dead. clubrob6
  • Score: 15

7:11pm Tue 20 May 14

ZeeGee, ffs says...

".His son's were british born and should have had a bright future not going to fight there fathers wars because he is too scared to do it himself.I am actually concerned for this fathers children."

I frankly don't give a toss for his children, especially the one who died in Syria.

My concern is for the people of this country who are enduring such people growing up in our midst.
".His son's were british born and should have had a bright future not going to fight there fathers wars because he is too scared to do it himself.I am actually concerned for this fathers children." I frankly don't give a toss for his children, especially the one who died in Syria. My concern is for the people of this country who are enduring such people growing up in our midst. ZeeGee, ffs
  • Score: 18

9:21pm Tue 20 May 14

jackanada says...

Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.
Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety. jackanada
  • Score: -9

9:27pm Tue 20 May 14

ZeeGee, ffs says...

jackanada wrote:
Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.
So you applauded when Lee Rigby was murdered?
[quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.[/p][/quote]So you applauded when Lee Rigby was murdered? ZeeGee, ffs
  • Score: 5

10:16pm Tue 20 May 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

What does it take to get people who are obviously no good, removed from this country? This man should have been put on a flight to Syria to go and find his kids - the one's he paid to go to Syria and the one's who he got passports for so they could go and fight in another country which is nothing to do with the UK.

This is the problem in the UK today, people like him are not grateful for anything they get here nor do they appreciate living here. I think they should all be made to leave if they don't like our country.
What does it take to get people who are obviously no good, removed from this country? This man should have been put on a flight to Syria to go and find his kids - the one's he paid to go to Syria and the one's who he got passports for so they could go and fight in another country which is nothing to do with the UK. This is the problem in the UK today, people like him are not grateful for anything they get here nor do they appreciate living here. I think they should all be made to leave if they don't like our country. getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 7

10:19pm Tue 20 May 14

NathanAdler says...

Terrorists should be buried in pigskins.
Terrorists should be buried in pigskins. NathanAdler
  • Score: 3

10:50pm Tue 20 May 14

jackanada says...

ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
jackanada wrote:
Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.
So you applauded when Lee Rigby was murdered?
What we do know is he went to fight against a brutal dictator, a bit like George Orwell or WH Auden or Ernest Hemingway or Laurie Lee - all of whom would be considered terrorists under our current laws - going to fight against Franco, or the Irish who defied their own government and joined the British Army to fight fascism.
You are making assumptions based on him being a Muslim, not on the facts we have so far. That is the textbook prejudice.
Your leap to my applauding the murder of Lee Rigby is simply mornic
[quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.[/p][/quote]So you applauded when Lee Rigby was murdered?[/p][/quote]What we do know is he went to fight against a brutal dictator, a bit like George Orwell or WH Auden or Ernest Hemingway or Laurie Lee - all of whom would be considered terrorists under our current laws - going to fight against Franco, or the Irish who defied their own government and joined the British Army to fight fascism. You are making assumptions based on him being a Muslim, not on the facts we have so far. That is the textbook prejudice. Your leap to my applauding the murder of Lee Rigby is simply mornic jackanada
  • Score: 1

10:52pm Tue 20 May 14

jackanada says...

NathanAdler wrote:
Terrorists should be buried in pigskins.
Just the Muslim ones or ones from any faith?
Ignorance and hate aren't going to solve anything.
[quote][p][bold]NathanAdler[/bold] wrote: Terrorists should be buried in pigskins.[/p][/quote]Just the Muslim ones or ones from any faith? Ignorance and hate aren't going to solve anything. jackanada
  • Score: 2

10:53pm Tue 20 May 14

hubby says...

A really nice house in a very wealthy part of Brighton.
Not many can afford a place overlooking Saltdean Oval.
Now there are terrorists being raised in places like this.
This isn't a poverty stricken inner city sink estate where resentment may run deep.
This is top end suburbia and it is being funded from somewhere.
A really nice house in a very wealthy part of Brighton. Not many can afford a place overlooking Saltdean Oval. Now there are terrorists being raised in places like this. This isn't a poverty stricken inner city sink estate where resentment may run deep. This is top end suburbia and it is being funded from somewhere. hubby
  • Score: 5

10:55pm Tue 20 May 14

ZeeGee, ffs says...

jackanada wrote:
NathanAdler wrote:
Terrorists should be buried in pigskins.
Just the Muslim ones or ones from any faith?
Ignorance and hate aren't going to solve anything.
But standing up to the problem instead of applauding them would be a good start.
[quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NathanAdler[/bold] wrote: Terrorists should be buried in pigskins.[/p][/quote]Just the Muslim ones or ones from any faith? Ignorance and hate aren't going to solve anything.[/p][/quote]But standing up to the problem instead of applauding them would be a good start. ZeeGee, ffs
  • Score: 0

10:55pm Tue 20 May 14

ZeeGee, ffs says...

hubby wrote:
A really nice house in a very wealthy part of Brighton.
Not many can afford a place overlooking Saltdean Oval.
Now there are terrorists being raised in places like this.
This isn't a poverty stricken inner city sink estate where resentment may run deep.
This is top end suburbia and it is being funded from somewhere.
It comes from their religion - end of.
[quote][p][bold]hubby[/bold] wrote: A really nice house in a very wealthy part of Brighton. Not many can afford a place overlooking Saltdean Oval. Now there are terrorists being raised in places like this. This isn't a poverty stricken inner city sink estate where resentment may run deep. This is top end suburbia and it is being funded from somewhere.[/p][/quote]It comes from their religion - end of. ZeeGee, ffs
  • Score: -2

10:59pm Tue 20 May 14

clubrob6 says...

jackanada wrote:
Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.
Prepared to stand up for his beliefs?dont you mean his fathers beliefs?the father that sacrificed his own son.
[quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.[/p][/quote]Prepared to stand up for his beliefs?dont you mean his fathers beliefs?the father that sacrificed his own son. clubrob6
  • Score: 3

11:01pm Tue 20 May 14

jackanada says...

clubrob6 wrote:
ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
In a proper society, every one of his associates would be removed from the country.
Which is why we need to get out of the EU,this father knows all he has to say is he did not give his blessing and he is protected by EU human rights laws.The father is simply using his son's for a battle he is too scared off himself.If I lost a 18 yr old son I would be devastated this man looks proud that he is dead.
You really think there is a specific EU law, above and beyond our laws, that is protecting him in this case?
If you had a 16 year old son who committed a crime, while you may bear some responsibility, do you think UK law would hold you responsible?
No and no.
You may also wish to consider that is possible to be both devastated at the loss of his son, and proud of his sacrifice - you will have seen this many times with parents of killed servicemen and I doubt you questioned their emotions once.
[quote][p][bold]clubrob6[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: In a proper society, every one of his associates would be removed from the country.[/p][/quote]Which is why we need to get out of the EU,this father knows all he has to say is he did not give his blessing and he is protected by EU human rights laws.The father is simply using his son's for a battle he is too scared off himself.If I lost a 18 yr old son I would be devastated this man looks proud that he is dead.[/p][/quote]You really think there is a specific EU law, above and beyond our laws, that is protecting him in this case? If you had a 16 year old son who committed a crime, while you may bear some responsibility, do you think UK law would hold you responsible? No and no. You may also wish to consider that is possible to be both devastated at the loss of his son, and proud of his sacrifice - you will have seen this many times with parents of killed servicemen and I doubt you questioned their emotions once. jackanada
  • Score: 0

11:01pm Tue 20 May 14

hubby says...

clubrob6 wrote:
homewood wrote:
Why did the police not do this weeks ago. Since odd to wait for so long before raiding the property. I suspect any incriminating evidence has long been removed.
Correct its what most people are saying,if nothing else social services should have went in immediately as he did send a 16 year old child to fight his battles.
Maybe because they are scared of offending Muslims?
[quote][p][bold]clubrob6[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]homewood[/bold] wrote: Why did the police not do this weeks ago. Since odd to wait for so long before raiding the property. I suspect any incriminating evidence has long been removed.[/p][/quote]Correct its what most people are saying,if nothing else social services should have went in immediately as he did send a 16 year old child to fight his battles.[/p][/quote]Maybe because they are scared of offending Muslims? hubby
  • Score: 2

11:02pm Tue 20 May 14

clubrob6 says...

ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
jackanada wrote:
Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.
So you applauded when Lee Rigby was murdered?
ZeeGee,ffs that's exactly what his comment means.I thibk he has got the meaning of politics and terrorist mixed up.
[quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.[/p][/quote]So you applauded when Lee Rigby was murdered?[/p][/quote]ZeeGee,ffs that's exactly what his comment means.I thibk he has got the meaning of politics and terrorist mixed up. clubrob6
  • Score: -1

11:05pm Tue 20 May 14

clubrob6 says...

getThisCoalitionOut wrote:
What does it take to get people who are obviously no good, removed from this country? This man should have been put on a flight to Syria to go and find his kids - the one's he paid to go to Syria and the one's who he got passports for so they could go and fight in another country which is nothing to do with the UK.

This is the problem in the UK today, people like him are not grateful for anything they get here nor do they appreciate living here. I think they should all be made to leave if they don't like our country.
I think this father is too afraid to go to Syria himself,he is getting his children to fight his battles.
[quote][p][bold]getThisCoalitionOut[/bold] wrote: What does it take to get people who are obviously no good, removed from this country? This man should have been put on a flight to Syria to go and find his kids - the one's he paid to go to Syria and the one's who he got passports for so they could go and fight in another country which is nothing to do with the UK. This is the problem in the UK today, people like him are not grateful for anything they get here nor do they appreciate living here. I think they should all be made to leave if they don't like our country.[/p][/quote]I think this father is too afraid to go to Syria himself,he is getting his children to fight his battles. clubrob6
  • Score: 3

11:08pm Tue 20 May 14

jackanada says...

ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
jackanada wrote:
NathanAdler wrote:
Terrorists should be buried in pigskins.
Just the Muslim ones or ones from any faith?
Ignorance and hate aren't going to solve anything.
But standing up to the problem instead of applauding them would be a good start.
You can stand up without resorting to hate speech.
[quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NathanAdler[/bold] wrote: Terrorists should be buried in pigskins.[/p][/quote]Just the Muslim ones or ones from any faith? Ignorance and hate aren't going to solve anything.[/p][/quote]But standing up to the problem instead of applauding them would be a good start.[/p][/quote]You can stand up without resorting to hate speech. jackanada
  • Score: -1

11:10pm Tue 20 May 14

clubrob6 says...

hubby wrote:
A really nice house in a very wealthy part of Brighton.
Not many can afford a place overlooking Saltdean Oval.
Now there are terrorists being raised in places like this.
This isn't a poverty stricken inner city sink estate where resentment may run deep.
This is top end suburbia and it is being funded from somewhere.
I wonder if the father claims benefits?i wonder if its us that's funding him to live in luxury?
[quote][p][bold]hubby[/bold] wrote: A really nice house in a very wealthy part of Brighton. Not many can afford a place overlooking Saltdean Oval. Now there are terrorists being raised in places like this. This isn't a poverty stricken inner city sink estate where resentment may run deep. This is top end suburbia and it is being funded from somewhere.[/p][/quote]I wonder if the father claims benefits?i wonder if its us that's funding him to live in luxury? clubrob6
  • Score: 3

11:18pm Tue 20 May 14

clubrob6 says...

jackanada wrote:
clubrob6 wrote:
ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
In a proper society, every one of his associates would be removed from the country.
Which is why we need to get out of the EU,this father knows all he has to say is he did not give his blessing and he is protected by EU human rights laws.The father is simply using his son's for a battle he is too scared off himself.If I lost a 18 yr old son I would be devastated this man looks proud that he is dead.
You really think there is a specific EU law, above and beyond our laws, that is protecting him in this case?
If you had a 16 year old son who committed a crime, while you may bear some responsibility, do you think UK law would hold you responsible?
No and no.
You may also wish to consider that is possible to be both devastated at the loss of his son, and proud of his sacrifice - you will have seen this many times with parents of killed servicemen and I doubt you questioned their emotions once.
Well I know where my 16 yr old son would be because as a parent that's your job to care and look after them,sending a 16 yr old to fight is not being a good parent so the father should take full responsibility for his actions instead of covering his own back and saying he did not give his blessing.Its totally different to someone fighting in the forces plus these were british born.This family has NO loyalties to our country.
[quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]clubrob6[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: In a proper society, every one of his associates would be removed from the country.[/p][/quote]Which is why we need to get out of the EU,this father knows all he has to say is he did not give his blessing and he is protected by EU human rights laws.The father is simply using his son's for a battle he is too scared off himself.If I lost a 18 yr old son I would be devastated this man looks proud that he is dead.[/p][/quote]You really think there is a specific EU law, above and beyond our laws, that is protecting him in this case? If you had a 16 year old son who committed a crime, while you may bear some responsibility, do you think UK law would hold you responsible? No and no. You may also wish to consider that is possible to be both devastated at the loss of his son, and proud of his sacrifice - you will have seen this many times with parents of killed servicemen and I doubt you questioned their emotions once.[/p][/quote]Well I know where my 16 yr old son would be because as a parent that's your job to care and look after them,sending a 16 yr old to fight is not being a good parent so the father should take full responsibility for his actions instead of covering his own back and saying he did not give his blessing.Its totally different to someone fighting in the forces plus these were british born.This family has NO loyalties to our country. clubrob6
  • Score: 3

11:20pm Tue 20 May 14

jackanada says...

clubrob6 wrote:
ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
jackanada wrote:
Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.
So you applauded when Lee Rigby was murdered?
ZeeGee,ffs that's exactly what his comment means.I thibk he has got the meaning of politics and terrorist mixed up.
I think you are too lazy to consider that the policy of labelling any act against an established government as terrorism, and further condemning it as evil, does the whole debate a disservice.
We cannot know Abdullahs motivations, or influences (despite many leaping to the conclusion their father is an evil Muslim extremist who brainwashed them - possible, but no evidence).
What we do know is he went to fight against Assad in Syria, as part of a popular uprising that stemmed from the peoples desire for greater freedom and democracy. Does it not trouble you that someone fighting for freedom and democracy is automatically labelled a terrorist? That actions undertaken for the greater good are treated as a crime in your country?
[quote][p][bold]clubrob6[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.[/p][/quote]So you applauded when Lee Rigby was murdered?[/p][/quote]ZeeGee,ffs that's exactly what his comment means.I thibk he has got the meaning of politics and terrorist mixed up.[/p][/quote]I think you are too lazy to consider that the policy of labelling any act against an established government as terrorism, and further condemning it as evil, does the whole debate a disservice. We cannot know Abdullahs motivations, or influences (despite many leaping to the conclusion their father is an evil Muslim extremist who brainwashed them - possible, but no evidence). What we do know is he went to fight against Assad in Syria, as part of a popular uprising that stemmed from the peoples desire for greater freedom and democracy. Does it not trouble you that someone fighting for freedom and democracy is automatically labelled a terrorist? That actions undertaken for the greater good are treated as a crime in your country? jackanada
  • Score: -3

11:29pm Tue 20 May 14

jackanada says...

clubrob6 wrote:
jackanada wrote:
clubrob6 wrote:
ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
In a proper society, every one of his associates would be removed from the country.
Which is why we need to get out of the EU,this father knows all he has to say is he did not give his blessing and he is protected by EU human rights laws.The father is simply using his son's for a battle he is too scared off himself.If I lost a 18 yr old son I would be devastated this man looks proud that he is dead.
You really think there is a specific EU law, above and beyond our laws, that is protecting him in this case?
If you had a 16 year old son who committed a crime, while you may bear some responsibility, do you think UK law would hold you responsible?
No and no.
You may also wish to consider that is possible to be both devastated at the loss of his son, and proud of his sacrifice - you will have seen this many times with parents of killed servicemen and I doubt you questioned their emotions once.
Well I know where my 16 yr old son would be because as a parent that's your job to care and look after them,sending a 16 yr old to fight is not being a good parent so the father should take full responsibility for his actions instead of covering his own back and saying he did not give his blessing.Its totally different to someone fighting in the forces plus these were british born.This family has NO loyalties to our country.
Again you say he sent his son as if this were an established fact. Regardless you claimed he had commited a crime by failing to control his teenage son, and that he could not be prosecuted for this because of EU law.
Again this is complete tripe. With a bit of research I'm sure you can find something to criticise the EU for which is true - there is plenty out there. Just not-liking something and assuming it is the EUs fault is ridiculous.
[quote][p][bold]clubrob6[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]clubrob6[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: In a proper society, every one of his associates would be removed from the country.[/p][/quote]Which is why we need to get out of the EU,this father knows all he has to say is he did not give his blessing and he is protected by EU human rights laws.The father is simply using his son's for a battle he is too scared off himself.If I lost a 18 yr old son I would be devastated this man looks proud that he is dead.[/p][/quote]You really think there is a specific EU law, above and beyond our laws, that is protecting him in this case? If you had a 16 year old son who committed a crime, while you may bear some responsibility, do you think UK law would hold you responsible? No and no. You may also wish to consider that is possible to be both devastated at the loss of his son, and proud of his sacrifice - you will have seen this many times with parents of killed servicemen and I doubt you questioned their emotions once.[/p][/quote]Well I know where my 16 yr old son would be because as a parent that's your job to care and look after them,sending a 16 yr old to fight is not being a good parent so the father should take full responsibility for his actions instead of covering his own back and saying he did not give his blessing.Its totally different to someone fighting in the forces plus these were british born.This family has NO loyalties to our country.[/p][/quote]Again you say he sent his son as if this were an established fact. Regardless you claimed he had commited a crime by failing to control his teenage son, and that he could not be prosecuted for this because of EU law. Again this is complete tripe. With a bit of research I'm sure you can find something to criticise the EU for which is true - there is plenty out there. Just not-liking something and assuming it is the EUs fault is ridiculous. jackanada
  • Score: -4

11:34pm Tue 20 May 14

ZeeGee, ffs says...

jackanada wrote:
ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
jackanada wrote:
NathanAdler wrote:
Terrorists should be buried in pigskins.
Just the Muslim ones or ones from any faith?
Ignorance and hate aren't going to solve anything.
But standing up to the problem instead of applauding them would be a good start.
You can stand up without resorting to hate speech.
So we're not allowed to hate those who threaten us?
[quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NathanAdler[/bold] wrote: Terrorists should be buried in pigskins.[/p][/quote]Just the Muslim ones or ones from any faith? Ignorance and hate aren't going to solve anything.[/p][/quote]But standing up to the problem instead of applauding them would be a good start.[/p][/quote]You can stand up without resorting to hate speech.[/p][/quote]So we're not allowed to hate those who threaten us? ZeeGee, ffs
  • Score: 2

11:40pm Tue 20 May 14

jackanada says...

clubrob6 wrote:
hubby wrote:
A really nice house in a very wealthy part of Brighton.
Not many can afford a place overlooking Saltdean Oval.
Now there are terrorists being raised in places like this.
This isn't a poverty stricken inner city sink estate where resentment may run deep.
This is top end suburbia and it is being funded from somewhere.
I wonder if the father claims benefits?i wonder if its us that's funding him to live in luxury?
He is a lettings agent. Plenty of money in that, though admittedly not an occupation known for honesty or integrity.
[quote][p][bold]clubrob6[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hubby[/bold] wrote: A really nice house in a very wealthy part of Brighton. Not many can afford a place overlooking Saltdean Oval. Now there are terrorists being raised in places like this. This isn't a poverty stricken inner city sink estate where resentment may run deep. This is top end suburbia and it is being funded from somewhere.[/p][/quote]I wonder if the father claims benefits?i wonder if its us that's funding him to live in luxury?[/p][/quote]He is a lettings agent. Plenty of money in that, though admittedly not an occupation known for honesty or integrity. jackanada
  • Score: 2

11:52pm Tue 20 May 14

From beer to uncertainty says...

140,000 years has been a bit of a slog in evolutionary terms and still we see muppets killing each other under the banner of religion.
Still teaching the crap in all schools though...isn't it time to just say God (or insert sky pixie name here: :) was invented by 'managers' to ruin the fun of people who just wanted to build nicer huts and throw crap at each other before TV was invented?
140,000 years has been a bit of a slog in evolutionary terms and still we see muppets killing each other under the banner of religion. Still teaching the crap in all schools though...isn't it time to just say God (or insert sky pixie name here: :) was invented by 'managers' to ruin the fun of people who just wanted to build nicer huts and throw crap at each other before TV was invented? From beer to uncertainty
  • Score: 1

11:58pm Tue 20 May 14

ZeeGee, ffs says...

From beer to uncertainty wrote:
140,000 years has been a bit of a slog in evolutionary terms and still we see muppets killing each other under the banner of religion.
Still teaching the crap in all schools though...isn't it time to just say God (or insert sky pixie name here: :) was invented by 'managers' to ruin the fun of people who just wanted to build nicer huts and throw crap at each other before TV was invented?
A lovely thought, but sadly those of us in the real world have to deal with the fact that one particular religion is at war with everyone else on the planet.
[quote][p][bold]From beer to uncertainty[/bold] wrote: 140,000 years has been a bit of a slog in evolutionary terms and still we see muppets killing each other under the banner of religion. Still teaching the crap in all schools though...isn't it time to just say God (or insert sky pixie name here: :) was invented by 'managers' to ruin the fun of people who just wanted to build nicer huts and throw crap at each other before TV was invented?[/p][/quote]A lovely thought, but sadly those of us in the real world have to deal with the fact that one particular religion is at war with everyone else on the planet. ZeeGee, ffs
  • Score: 1

2:32am Wed 21 May 14

pte says...

The politics in Syria is so messy and complicated that the wallies going out there are just as likely to be killed by their own side as they are by Assad's forces. The opposition is riven with factionalism and one faction will will turn on another.

But all the brainwashed mugs going out there will only be going to join the most fanatical terrorist elements not the more moderate elements (if there are any left). That requires contacts a network which the father introduced his sons to.

They like to see their dead as martyrs but its just as likely they were killed by their own side possibly a different faction or forced to put on a suicide vest or drive a truck full of explosives. Not martyrs just mugs that's the reality

Good that they know if they go out there they face arrest coming back. That way they will think twice about going out there or if they do, will be unable to come back.
The politics in Syria is so messy and complicated that the wallies going out there are just as likely to be killed by their own side as they are by Assad's forces. The opposition is riven with factionalism and one faction will will turn on another. But all the brainwashed mugs going out there will only be going to join the most fanatical terrorist elements not the more moderate elements (if there are any left). That requires contacts a network which the father introduced his sons to. They like to see their dead as martyrs but its just as likely they were killed by their own side possibly a different faction or forced to put on a suicide vest or drive a truck full of explosives. Not martyrs just mugs that's the reality Good that they know if they go out there they face arrest coming back. That way they will think twice about going out there or if they do, will be unable to come back. pte
  • Score: 2

3:00am Wed 21 May 14

pte says...

and I shouldn't think any of the Syrians on either side want these foreign fighters in their country with their extreme agenda. They are not helping anyone just making it worse
and I shouldn't think any of the Syrians on either side want these foreign fighters in their country with their extreme agenda. They are not helping anyone just making it worse pte
  • Score: 1

3:09am Wed 21 May 14

Mr chock says...

From beer to uncertainty wrote:
140,000 years has been a bit of a slog in evolutionary terms and still we see muppets killing each other under the banner of religion.
Still teaching the crap in all schools though...isn't it time to just say God (or insert sky pixie name here: :) was invented by 'managers' to ruin the fun of people who just wanted to build nicer huts and throw crap at each other before TV was invented?
wow i cant remember the day i found out the bible was just a book and then i discovered others had a book to "khoran / and oh what was the other ...
anyway the point is this guy how ever his sons went off to Syria is now looking like his belief is his son has died a martyr it reminds me of the story i posted some comment soon "Tigghy the doggy "that smash it head so hard against glass it is now a dead grayhound what my point is death happens to all things this website has many funny comment soon it
i am off to bed soon but i just want to ask how many people think the UKIP vote is a wasted vote and we should vote tactically "whatever that means " ??
was tv invented . ?
[quote][p][bold]From beer to uncertainty[/bold] wrote: 140,000 years has been a bit of a slog in evolutionary terms and still we see muppets killing each other under the banner of religion. Still teaching the crap in all schools though...isn't it time to just say God (or insert sky pixie name here: :) was invented by 'managers' to ruin the fun of people who just wanted to build nicer huts and throw crap at each other before TV was invented?[/p][/quote]wow i cant remember the day i found out the bible was just a book and then i discovered others had a book to "khoran / and oh what was the other ... anyway the point is this guy how ever his sons went off to Syria is now looking like his belief is his son has died a martyr it reminds me of the story i posted some comment soon "Tigghy the doggy "that smash it head so hard against glass it is now a dead grayhound what my point is death happens to all things this website has many funny comment soon it i am off to bed soon but i just want to ask how many people think the UKIP vote is a wasted vote and we should vote tactically "whatever that means " ?? was tv invented . ? Mr chock
  • Score: -3

6:52am Wed 21 May 14

SonnyJim55 says...

The surname of DEGAHAYES says it all. 2 sons in Syria ,1 now dead and good old Uncle Omar now back here after his spell in Guantanamo. Is this all a big coincidence ,I don't think so. Get them all out of our country. The father should be charged with aiding and abetting a terrorist act if they find 1 shred of evidence in the house.
The surname of DEGAHAYES says it all. 2 sons in Syria ,1 now dead and good old Uncle Omar now back here after his spell in Guantanamo. Is this all a big coincidence ,I don't think so. Get them all out of our country. The father should be charged with aiding and abetting a terrorist act if they find 1 shred of evidence in the house. SonnyJim55
  • Score: 4

9:37am Wed 21 May 14

pte says...

SonnyJim55 wrote:
The surname of DEGAHAYES says it all. 2 sons in Syria ,1 now dead and good old Uncle Omar now back here after his spell in Guantanamo. Is this all a big coincidence ,I don't think so. Get them all out of our country. The father should be charged with aiding and abetting a terrorist act if they find 1 shred of evidence in the house.
God showed him mercy and released him from prison. But he did not repent his sinful ways so God took his sons to teach him humility
[quote][p][bold]SonnyJim55[/bold] wrote: The surname of DEGAHAYES says it all. 2 sons in Syria ,1 now dead and good old Uncle Omar now back here after his spell in Guantanamo. Is this all a big coincidence ,I don't think so. Get them all out of our country. The father should be charged with aiding and abetting a terrorist act if they find 1 shred of evidence in the house.[/p][/quote]God showed him mercy and released him from prison. But he did not repent his sinful ways so God took his sons to teach him humility pte
  • Score: 0

11:53pm Wed 21 May 14

FatherTed11 says...

Good, hope they get locked up
Good, hope they get locked up FatherTed11
  • Score: 3

6:11pm Thu 22 May 14

clubrob6 says...

jackanada wrote:
clubrob6 wrote:
hubby wrote:
A really nice house in a very wealthy part of Brighton.
Not many can afford a place overlooking Saltdean Oval.
Now there are terrorists being raised in places like this.
This isn't a poverty stricken inner city sink estate where resentment may run deep.
This is top end suburbia and it is being funded from somewhere.
I wonder if the father claims benefits?i wonder if its us that's funding him to live in luxury?
He is a lettings agent. Plenty of money in that, though admittedly not an occupation known for honesty or integrity.
I wonder where the money comes from?you seem to know a lot about this family perhaps you could help us to get them on a plane out of the UK.
[quote][p][bold]jackanada[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]clubrob6[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hubby[/bold] wrote: A really nice house in a very wealthy part of Brighton. Not many can afford a place overlooking Saltdean Oval. Now there are terrorists being raised in places like this. This isn't a poverty stricken inner city sink estate where resentment may run deep. This is top end suburbia and it is being funded from somewhere.[/p][/quote]I wonder if the father claims benefits?i wonder if its us that's funding him to live in luxury?[/p][/quote]He is a lettings agent. Plenty of money in that, though admittedly not an occupation known for honesty or integrity.[/p][/quote]I wonder where the money comes from?you seem to know a lot about this family perhaps you could help us to get them on a plane out of the UK. clubrob6
  • Score: 1

6:18pm Thu 22 May 14

clubrob6 says...

ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
From beer to uncertainty wrote:
140,000 years has been a bit of a slog in evolutionary terms and still we see muppets killing each other under the banner of religion.
Still teaching the crap in all schools though...isn't it time to just say God (or insert sky pixie name here: :) was invented by 'managers' to ruin the fun of people who just wanted to build nicer huts and throw crap at each other before TV was invented?
A lovely thought, but sadly those of us in the real world have to deal with the fact that one particular religion is at war with everyone else on the planet.
The biggest problem we actually have is the three main parties actually know this but are petrified to upset them.My 97 yr old father who served on the Belfast during D-Day says thanks to BLAIR taking us to unjustified and unwinnable wars while at the same time opening our borders upto the very people he was attacking we now unfortunately have the troubles on our own door.This case in brighton shows even british born to these new arrivals have no loyalties to the UK.The country has massive troubles ahead.
[quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]From beer to uncertainty[/bold] wrote: 140,000 years has been a bit of a slog in evolutionary terms and still we see muppets killing each other under the banner of religion. Still teaching the crap in all schools though...isn't it time to just say God (or insert sky pixie name here: :) was invented by 'managers' to ruin the fun of people who just wanted to build nicer huts and throw crap at each other before TV was invented?[/p][/quote]A lovely thought, but sadly those of us in the real world have to deal with the fact that one particular religion is at war with everyone else on the planet.[/p][/quote]The biggest problem we actually have is the three main parties actually know this but are petrified to upset them.My 97 yr old father who served on the Belfast during D-Day says thanks to BLAIR taking us to unjustified and unwinnable wars while at the same time opening our borders upto the very people he was attacking we now unfortunately have the troubles on our own door.This case in brighton shows even british born to these new arrivals have no loyalties to the UK.The country has massive troubles ahead. clubrob6
  • Score: 1

6:22pm Thu 22 May 14

clubrob6 says...

pte wrote:
The politics in Syria is so messy and complicated that the wallies going out there are just as likely to be killed by their own side as they are by Assad's forces. The opposition is riven with factionalism and one faction will will turn on another.

But all the brainwashed mugs going out there will only be going to join the most fanatical terrorist elements not the more moderate elements (if there are any left). That requires contacts a network which the father introduced his sons to.

They like to see their dead as martyrs but its just as likely they were killed by their own side possibly a different faction or forced to put on a suicide vest or drive a truck full of explosives. Not martyrs just mugs that's the reality

Good that they know if they go out there they face arrest coming back. That way they will think twice about going out there or if they do, will be unable to come back.
I would like to know why this father is in the UK did he run away from troubles?and now that his sons are grown up he is prepared to sacrifice them as he is too cowardly to do it himself.I fear for the rest of his children he has already proved he cant look after them by sending a 16 yr old child.
[quote][p][bold]pte[/bold] wrote: The politics in Syria is so messy and complicated that the wallies going out there are just as likely to be killed by their own side as they are by Assad's forces. The opposition is riven with factionalism and one faction will will turn on another. But all the brainwashed mugs going out there will only be going to join the most fanatical terrorist elements not the more moderate elements (if there are any left). That requires contacts a network which the father introduced his sons to. They like to see their dead as martyrs but its just as likely they were killed by their own side possibly a different faction or forced to put on a suicide vest or drive a truck full of explosives. Not martyrs just mugs that's the reality Good that they know if they go out there they face arrest coming back. That way they will think twice about going out there or if they do, will be unable to come back.[/p][/quote]I would like to know why this father is in the UK did he run away from troubles?and now that his sons are grown up he is prepared to sacrifice them as he is too cowardly to do it himself.I fear for the rest of his children he has already proved he cant look after them by sending a 16 yr old child. clubrob6
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree