A man could face jail after terrorising a shop and its staff over a number of hours on one day.
Daniel McDermott pleaded guilty to five charges relating to incidents at the Premier Convenience Store in Donald Hall Road, Brighton, on May 5.
The 31-year-old, who is currently in custody in HMP Lewes, stole beer from the shop at 2pm before returning two and a half hours later to take two bottles of wine and five bottles of beer.
At 7pm he assaulted a shop assistant and robbed him of cash, cigarettes and brandy after threatening him with a hammer.
On the same day, he also damaged the shop’s display and counter.
He will be sentenced on June 26.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Man in custody after bar explosion
- Plea to place more restrictions on multiple occupant homes in Brighton
- Critics says radical Brighton road scheme is not good enough
- Apprentice candidates storm Brighton
- NHS does not know if ambulances are legal plus all the latest news, travel and weather for Sussex