A man could face jail after terrorising a shop and its staff over a number of hours on one day.
Daniel McDermott pleaded guilty to five charges relating to incidents at the Premier Convenience Store in Donald Hall Road, Brighton, on May 5.
The 31-year-old, who is currently in custody in HMP Lewes, stole beer from the shop at 2pm before returning two and a half hours later to take two bottles of wine and five bottles of beer.
At 7pm he assaulted a shop assistant and robbed him of cash, cigarettes and brandy after threatening him with a hammer.
On the same day, he also damaged the shop’s display and counter.
He will be sentenced on June 26.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Minister announces he will step down at general election to "make way for younger candidate"
- Well known Hove jewellers close after 57 years in business
- Roadworks on one of Sussex's busiest roads to close lanes and see speed limit drop to 40mph
- Snow alert: Six of the best pictures as the white stuff falls in Sussex again
- Pensioners petition for bus access