The ArgusPost night-out cooking results in fire (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Firefighters called to fire in Carlyle Road in Brighton at 5am

The Argus: Post-night out cooking results in fire Post-night out cooking results in fire

Firefighers were called to a property just before 5am after a spot of post-night out cooking went wrong.

The property in Carlyle Avenue in Brighton, which did have a working smoke alarm, was saved because firefighters were given early warning.

The fire had started in the kitchen of the property at just before 5am after some early-hours cooking by the occupant who had had "a little too much to drink", according to a fire officer.

Thankfully, the smoke alarm alerted a neighbour who rang Preston Circus Fire Station.

A spokesman for the station said: "They'd had a little too much to drink "This could have been a lot worse had the occupant not had a working smoke alarm."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree