Post night-out cooking results in fire

8:39am Thursday 5th June 2014

Firefighers were called to a property just before 5am after a spot of post-night out cooking went wrong.

The property in Carlyle Avenue in Brighton, which did have a working smoke alarm, was saved because firefighters were given early warning.

The fire had started in the kitchen of the property at just before 5am after some early-hours cooking by the occupant who had had "a little too much to drink", according to a fire officer.

Thankfully, the smoke alarm alerted a neighbour who rang Preston Circus Fire Station.

A spokesman for the station said: "They'd had a little too much to drink "This could have been a lot worse had the occupant not had a working smoke alarm."

Back

© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group

The Argus: site_logo http://www.theargus.co.uk

Click 2 Find Business Directory http://www.theargus.co.uk/trade_directory/