The sister of a missing man has made an emotional appeal for help to find him.
Marie Leveque said “some very bad thoughts” were going through her head following the disappearance of her brother Jean on May 8.
His sister reported the 42-year-old from Hawth Close in Crawley missing to Sussex Police when she became concerned that she had not spoken to him for more than a week.
She said: "Jean and I are very close. We grew up in Mauritius and after I moved to Crawley he joined me in 2008. Before he disappeared we spoke several times a week.
"If I didn't call him for a couple of days he would come and see me.
"Jean is very shy. He wouldn't approach people for help if he didn't know them.
"It's very difficult at the moment.
“Some very bad thoughts are going through my head because it has so been so long since I saw him. I need to know where he is.
PC Heather Mackay, of the West Sussex missing person team, said: "We are all becoming more and more concerned for Jean as he has never been out of touch with his family for so long.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 1251 of 22/5, email email@example.com or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Wetherspoon plan first hotel in Sussex at its boozer in Brighton's West Street
- The last known pictures of murder victim Janet Muller are released by police
- Man sent to jail over teen prostitution bid using Facebook
- Rose Hill Tavern given lifeline as councillors vote against turning it into flats
- Proud to call Brighton our home - Poll shows 91% of Brightonians wouldn't choose to live anywhere else