A woman was found lying injured in a lay-by by police after being attacked by a man in the street.
Sussex Police officers found the 18-year-old woman injured in a lay-by near County Oak Retail Park in Crawley on Monday.
It is believed the teenage victim was attacked near the Ibis Hotel in London Road, Crawley, between 10.30pm and 11.50pm on Monday.
She has told police that a man came up to her and grabbed a drink from her and hit her before walking off leaving her with a cut on her head and fractured ribs which required hospital treatment.
Her attacker is described as white, 5' 4", aged between 40 to 50 years old and of skinny build with dark brown shoulder length hair and a left black eye.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting serial 1738 of 2/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Man gets life in prison for 'brutal and sadistic attack' in which he cut off victim's thumbs
- £15m compensation for commuters - but Southern won't pay a penny
- Stream leading to River Ouse polluted by slurry killing hundreds of fish
- Calls made to declare 'state of emergency' over homelessness
- School's bid to buy Snowdog in memory of pupil