A woman was found lying injured in a lay-by by police after being attacked by a man in the street.
Sussex Police officers found the 18-year-old woman injured in a lay-by near County Oak Retail Park in Crawley on Monday.
It is believed the teenage victim was attacked near the Ibis Hotel in London Road, Crawley, between 10.30pm and 11.50pm on Monday.
She has told police that a man came up to her and grabbed a drink from her and hit her before walking off leaving her with a cut on her head and fractured ribs which required hospital treatment.
Her attacker is described as white, 5' 4", aged between 40 to 50 years old and of skinny build with dark brown shoulder length hair and a left black eye.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting serial 1738 of 2/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- What happened to Penny's bags after her death? Family's plea to find dead mother's possessions
- Hate crimes soar by 40% in just a year
- Ukip claims to have up to 40% support
- Concern growing for missing woman last seen leaving home at 4am
- Father arrested and held in the cells overnight after daubing “lies lies lies” on Tory election poster