A woman was found lying injured in a lay-by by police after being attacked by a man in the street.
Sussex Police officers found the 18-year-old woman injured in a lay-by near County Oak Retail Park in Crawley on Monday.
It is believed the teenage victim was attacked near the Ibis Hotel in London Road, Crawley, between 10.30pm and 11.50pm on Monday.
She has told police that a man came up to her and grabbed a drink from her and hit her before walking off leaving her with a cut on her head and fractured ribs which required hospital treatment.
Her attacker is described as white, 5' 4", aged between 40 to 50 years old and of skinny build with dark brown shoulder length hair and a left black eye.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 1738 of 2/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Children's centres at risk of closure
- Council bailiffs sold aid worker’s car over unpaid parking fines
- Search for man who offered a lift to a 12-year-old girl
- Historic restaurant put on the market for £500,000 after proprietors retire
- Care home rationed toilet paper and treats for its elderly residents