A woman was found lying injured in a lay-by by police after being attacked by a man in the street.
Sussex Police officers found the 18-year-old woman injured in a lay-by near County Oak Retail Park in Crawley on Monday.
It is believed the teenage victim was attacked near the Ibis Hotel in London Road, Crawley, between 10.30pm and 11.50pm on Monday.
She has told police that a man came up to her and grabbed a drink from her and hit her before walking off leaving her with a cut on her head and fractured ribs which required hospital treatment.
Her attacker is described as white, 5' 4", aged between 40 to 50 years old and of skinny build with dark brown shoulder length hair and a left black eye.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 1738 of 2/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Family and East Sussex coroner critical of New York Police Department after death of 28-year-old woman mowed down by a car
- Council officer and former special constable showered gifts and cash on boy he then sexually abused
- Mum claims she was told to stop breastfeeding by headteacher
- Farmer shoots dead black Labrador for killing three sheep and injuring another
- Brighton-born father of six recalls the harrowing days of being evacuated from Dunkirk 75-years ago