Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Injured woman found by police in lay-by after street attack
2:31pm Friday 6th June 2014 in News
A woman was found lying injured in a lay-by by police after being attacked by a man in the street.
Sussex Police officers found the 18-year-old woman injured in a lay-by near County Oak Retail Park in Crawley on Monday.
It is believed the teenage victim was attacked near the Ibis Hotel in London Road, Crawley, between 10.30pm and 11.50pm on Monday.
She has told police that a man came up to her and grabbed a drink from her and hit her before walking off leaving her with a cut on her head and fractured ribs which required hospital treatment.
Her attacker is described as white, 5' 4", aged between 40 to 50 years old and of skinny build with dark brown shoulder length hair and a left black eye.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 1738 of 2/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Power cut affecting Brighton seafront businesses
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Investigators begin probe
- Pensioner dies after falling from seventh floor of block of flats
- Road chase ends with stolen car crashing into Sussex Police vehicle
- Sussex branch to trial counter-less bank service
Comments are closed on this article.