A 12-year-old boy was followed home by three men in a car.
Sussex Police investigating a report that a young boy was followed home after leaving the Casbah convenience store in Horsham Road in Crawley after buying some sweets at about 6.30pm on Monday May 26.
The boy was offered a lift by one of the men and even though the youngster refused and walked on, the car followed him and on several occasions was steered into his path forcing him to move to one side.
To escape from the men, the boy hid in a block of flats until the car had left the area.
A Sussex Police spokesman said that at no time did the occupants of the car attempt to attack or snatch the boy.
All three men are described as black and were in a red Nissan Almera, of mid-1990's 'M' registration, with an EU symbol on the number plates.
Detective Constable Natalie Freeman said; "Reports like this are very rare and the motives of the men are not clear at this stage.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting serial 1209 of 26/5.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATED: 200 tonnes of rubbish on fire near Lewes closes part of the A27
- UPDATED: Armed police close road after 'weapons' seen in property
- Girl, 17, took her own life after being abused by her brother
- Martin Freeman to open new £8 million, three-screen cinema
- Huge advertising hoarding covers up beautiful Grade I listed property